Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Booking websites - how can I specify layover?

Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP, Marriott, HHonors

This is sort of off topic to this particular forum, but if there is such a site, someone here probably uses it!

I have a trip to Dayton Ohio next week (out of Harrisburg PA). On my return flight, I'd like to have an extended layover in Cleveland. Just by luck I saw on Expedia a Continental flight through Cleveland, but it was only for an hour. I'd like to meet a friend for dinner and catch a later flight.

Are there any websites that have that kind of search criteria, or do I have to call an agent?

TIA,
~Kar
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I believe what you are looking for is the "multi city" option available on most booking websites. Most domestic rules allow for up to 4 hour connections, more will break the fare rules and you may be charged a higher fare. Sometimes you can get longer if you arrive after the last flight has gone, and you can force a connection on the next available flight which does not depart until the next morning.

On fare rules which actually do allow stopovers, unfortunately some travel websites do not price properly and charge you as two one ways, so in those cases you may need to use a travel agent or phone the airline directly to see if you can get it to price out correctly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.