Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Oslo and Arlanda turnaround - advice please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oslo and Arlanda turnaround - advice please

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Explorer
Question Oslo and Arlanda turnaround - advice please

I'm planning a Mileage Run and need advice on the turnaround at either OSL or ARN. My possible itineraries are both on CSA Czech Airlines through Prague:

LHR - PRG - OSL - PRG - LHR
or
LHR - PRG - ARN - PRG - LHR

In either case the inbound and outbound aircraft are the same, with 45 minutes turnaround time.

Either of the runs would be completed in one day. Oslo and Arlanda are in Schengen and I depart from the Schengen terminal at Prague, so I assume that immigration won't be a problem, and I'm not planning on entering Norway/Sweden so I can forget about customs.

I suppose the real questions are:

If I don't have my return boarding passes, will I be able to collect them at the gate?

Is there a route for transfer passengers?

Which airport is easiest for MRs?

TIA

Simon

Last edited by Live2Fly; Apr 30, 2007 at 9:39 am Reason: Corrected Schengen information
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:12 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I am not the best to answer these questions, but if you are doing this run purely for the miles then I would recommend you to fly to KRK instead. OK LON-PRG-KRK return costs only 115 GBP plus taxes in business class (fare basis DGB, no min)!
Old May 1, 2007, 11:03 pm

Arn

From experience with SK and StarAlliance airlines it is Doable at ARN.
Depending on the time of the day you can even go outside the terminal and come back within that time frame.
Don't know about CSA at ARN but there are enough self service machines through out the airport for *A passengers in which SAS is a member of to print boarding passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.