Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:00 am

Programs: UA, PC Plat
Arghhhhh...got through everything on Travelocity, and was waitlisted on the MXP-LCA legs. Gotta start over
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:00 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Finally got some dates to work at cheaptickets.com

Travelocity was not doing me good (.com or .ca)

Happy birthday to my brother.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:01 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
Booking details
If you want to buy this ticket, it's probably best to use a travel agent (this ticket involves multiple airlines, which can get complicated). If you use a travel agent to buy this ticket:

* If your travel agent is online and has an e-mail address, e-mail this itinerary to them
* If your travel agent is not online, print out this page and fax/give it to them
Your travel agent might get into trouble for selling you this ticket as the major GDS systems may refuse to guarantee the fare if the airline sends the travel agent a debit memo (meaning they have to pay the fare difference), usually arising from an audit (if they see to many of these tickets being issued).

Per Sabre's fare guarantee policy FAQ section:
"Will Sabre Travel Network guarantee under-collected fare amounts that the
agency should have known were wrong?
In situations where Sabre Travel Network determines a debit memo resulted from a fare
that otherwise meets the Policy’s requirements for reimbursement, but the agency should
have reasonably known the fare listed in the Sabre GDS was wrong (e.g., LAX to LGA for
$18.00), the debit memo is not eligible for reimbursement. This includes debit memos
resulting from reservations made through automated means (such as Web site booking
tools) which do not require a travel agency’s intervention for ticketing
."

Per "Customer Notice" of some travel agents:
"NOTICE TO TRAVELERS
The enclosed represents the itinerary requested. Some airlines dispute agency tariff interpretations. If we
are debited by the carrier on this requested itinerary the traveler agrees to reimburse our agency for costs
and expenses imposed by carrier(s) and paid by the agency. All use of such tickets is done at travelers'
risk and agency shall not be responsible for any consequences that may result."

Last edited by daniellam; Apr 5, 2006 at 9:24 am
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:01 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Mon, Oct 95:05PM to
7:25AM Arrive next dayToronto, Canada (YYZ) to
Milan Malpensa, Italy (MXP)
Tue, Oct 101:30PM to
5:55PM Milan Malpensa, Italy (MXP) to
Larnaca, Cyprus (LCA)

Tue, Oct 179:40AM to
12:35PM Larnaca, Cyprus (LCA) to
- Business
Wed, Oct 1810:40AM to
2:00PM
$202.65 all in ($177.70 +24.95) all in Business
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:02 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Woohoo! Just booked two seats over the 4th of July!
YYZ-MXP-LCA-MXP-EWR-YYZ
Out Jun 30, return Jul 04
$411 all in with overnight tickets.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:03 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by lex
opps. Made a mistake on booking. booked a month in italy by mistake. Dont want to call cheaptickets so early in the game. Anyone have any suggestions on how to change/refund ticket at this point?
Don't worry. Business seats are changeable.

If you're still worried, leave it 10 or 12 hours until the fare dies, then call.

I'd wait a few weeks, but then I don't get too srtessed out about this stuff.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
Originally Posted by bigbrownboy
Forgot about that!

Wow...looks like I have ticket numbers and locator numbers for my flights, already.

^ ^ ^ to rosj!

Questions:

How/where would I see ticket numbers and locator numbers for my flights using Cheaptickets?

Also, I can't see what class (after purchase) these tickets are in?

Are they refundable/changable?

Thanks.

Oh yea... can I use NWA Worldperks for mileage? Sorry, I am an AA geek, who just recently went to Hawaii on a NWA deal. No other FF programs other than those.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by bigbrownboy
Forgot about that!

Wow...looks like I have ticket numbers and locator numbers for my flights, already.

^ ^ ^ to rosj!
This is using cheaptickets?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:06 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by TelevisionTdTina
Questions:

How/where would I see ticket numbers and locator numbers for my flights using Cheaptickets?

Also, I can't see what class (after purchase) these tickets are in?

Are they refundable/changable?

Thanks.

I've just recieved a confirmation email from Cheaptickets with
TICKET NUMBER
and as class: business

Bought another on Travelocity.ca too
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Exclamation

Confirmed ticket numbers with travelocity.com
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I've just recieved a confirmation email from Cheaptickets with
TICKET NUMBER
and as class: business

Bought another on Travelocity.ca too

Thanks... Just got the email. Looks good. ^

I wonder if I can change only that crappy CO flight out of EWR? Humm...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:09 am

dates..

anyone able to book around a weekend from toronto?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Code:
Business Restricted Normal Fare Fare
Bk Code
D -
Penalty
Cancellations Any Time Cancellations Permitted For Cancel/no-show/refund. Changes Any Time Changes Permitted For Reissue/revalidation.
Seasons
No Season Restrictions Apply.
Blackouts
No Blackout Restrictions Apply.
Flt Appl
No Flight Restrictions Apply.
Stopovers
Unlimited Stopovers Permitted. A Stopover Occurs When The Passenger Does Not Depart An Intermediate Point Within 24 Hours.
Ticket Restrictions
Tickets May Be Issued: By Pta And Satisfies Ticketing Requirements Note: Extension Of Ticket Validity For Medical Reasons Is Not Permitted Under Guidelines Stated In Rule 65/d/. ---- In E-ticket Eligible Markets A Service Charge Will Be Assessed For The Issuance Of Paper Tickets.
Discounts
100 Pct Of The Adt Fare Is Charged For A Unn Psgr 5 Thru 13 Yrs Of Age. Psgr May Be Unaccompanied. - - - - 67 Pct Of The Adt Fare Is Charged For A Cnn Psgr 2 Thru 11 Yrs Of Age. Cnn Psgr Must Be Accompanied On All Sgmts By An Adt Psgr Traveling In The Same Compartment. - - - - 10 Pct Of The Adt Fare Is Charged For An Inf Psgr Under 2 Yrs Of Age Not Occupying A Seat. Inf Psgr Must Be Accompanied On All Sgmts By An Adt Psgr Traveling In The Same Compartment. *** Note - Unaccompanied Minors Under 5 Years Of Age Will Not Be Accepted By Carrier. Tour Conductor/ Sales Agent And Other Discounts Do Not Apply.
Reroute
See Penalty.
Transfers
8 Transfers Permitted, 4 In Each Direction. -1 At Departure From And/or Arrival At Gateway In North America. -1 Online In Each Direction In North America. -2 Online In Each Direction In Area 2-europe, Africa, Middle East/area 3-asia And Southwest Pacific.
Combinations
Carrier / Rule / Fare Circle Open Round Basis Trip Jaw Trip Same / Same / Same C C C Same / Same / Diff C C C Same / Diff / Same C C C Same / Diff / Diff C C C Diff / Same / Same N N N Diff / Same / Diff N N N Diff / Diff / Same N N N Diff / Diff / Diff N N N Y / Permitted N / Not Permitted - / Does Not Apply C / See Text For Conditions Conditions Applicable To Round Trip/circle Trip/single Open Jaw - -travel Must Be Entirely Via Az Or As Permitted In The Routing. -may Be Combined With Any One Way/round Trip Fare Governed By Any Rule In Any Tariff Provided Travel Within Canada Is Via Ac. -may Be Combined With Any One Way/round Trip Fare Governed By Any Rule In Ipra Via Az. -may Be Combined With Any One Way/round Trip Fare Governed By Any Rule In Ipra Via Az. Further Restrictions -may Be Combined With Any One Way/round Trip Fare Of The Same Fare Type Governed By Any Rule In Iprai Via Az. -most Restrictive Conditions Apply. Additional Conditions Apply Round Trip - -permitted. -may Not Be Used In Around The World Fare Construction. Circle Trip - -permitted. -may Not Be Used In Around The World Fare Construction. Open Jaw - -single Open Jaw Permitted At Either Origin Or Destination. Note: Where Rule Conditions Differ The More Restrictive Will Apply To The Entire Journey. End-on-end - -permitted With All Fares. -conditions Apply To All Fare Components Of The Journey. -travel Must Be Via The Fare Combination Point.
Open Rtn
Not Allowed.
Refunds
See Penalty.
Co-terminals
Not Applicable.
Intl Const
May Be Combined With Applicable Arbitraries.
Misc
Note - Reservations For The Entire Journey Must Be Confirmed In One Transaction At Any Time Prior To Commencement Of Travel. Note - Tickets Must Show By The Use Of An Insert Or Sticker That Travel Is At A Special Fare And Subject To Special Conditions. This Fare May Not Be Used To Calculate A Differential.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:11 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
edieed for mission accomploshed

Last edited by beaubo; Apr 5, 2006 at 3:59 am
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:11 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Tried 19-23 on travelocity, but coming up at 1618 USD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.