Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2006, 3:46 pm

has anyone been gathering all the names and numbers scattered thought this thread that we are supposed to contact? If so can you post them all in one post? Maybe we can get a mod or the first poster to stick them all into the first post?
Old Apr 20, 2006, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by angus1999
Can we find out who is the FIRST FT member flying on these tickets and their dates etc., I think it might be sometime in May.
It will obviously set a precedent once the first tix have been honored (or not).
assuming the poor person makes it back from swimming
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by martian
has anyone been gathering all the names and numbers scattered thought this thread that we are supposed to contact? If so can you post them all in one post? Maybe we can get a mod or the first poster to stick them all into the first post?
PM all the relevant posts and I'll put them in posts on the first page of this thread (like post#4 and 8).

Looking for the contact info stuff and the various fare rule posts.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by JAppelbee
funny you neglected to mention the price you paid for the ticket in your correspondence to the BBB....... HMMMM
That's because it's irrelevant.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
So I just received an email to call a tariffs analyst in the NY office. No way...I want the response in writing, black and white.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:17 pm
Suspended

I got an email from CT exceptions department wanting me to call them about an email I sent to AZ, with a CC to CT.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by crimguy1976
So I just received an email to call a tariffs analyst in the NY office. No way...I want the response in writing, black and white.
good point.

so i guess we should
1) accept no calls if possible
2) def. not agree to anything if they do call
3) always get it in writing.
4) ask them to contact the other party. i.e. if its Alitalia, tell them to call Orbitz, or visa versa.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Spiff
That's because it's irrelevant.
Actually, I think it's quite relevant.
It's obviously a mistake fare. (I will get flamed for this, because "Spirit Air sold $9 fares," etc), but don't be silly. You have a $33 D class ticket at the height of summer to Europe!
The problem here is that someone in the bowels of AZ decided to mess with our reservations, and nobody seems to know who's in charge. With AZ, that is to be expected.
Yes, AZ is a crap airline, and their behavior since announcing they would honor the fare is quite devious. Actually, though, I'm guessing that, seeing how slowly this is unfolding, there are only 1-2 people involved in making these decisions. Please don't blame and scream at then entire staff, but make constant requests for managers.
If we're not smart and professional (as opposed to AZ!) about it, AZ could just call it quits and try to cancel us all. Through constant pressure, though, they just might do the right thing.

Those on the front line (eg, rez agts, ticket counter staff) likely are looking at something in our reservations that says NO CHANGES. PERIOD, written by someone in either N. American HQ or in Italy.
Arguing or trying to change something with these low-level workers, and getting yourself more and more angry, is not useful, unless it makes you feel better--you're arguing with some Phone Agent without the ability to change anything.
I agree with denouncing AZ's behavior, and getting it into the press again, just in a way that allows them to save face. My goal is not to shame AZ--it's to be sure we can use these tix!
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by brokeboy
good point.

so i guess we should
1) accept no calls if possible
2) def. not agree to anything if they do call
3) always get it in writing.
4) ask them to contact the other party. i.e. if its Alitalia, tell them to call Orbitz, or visa versa.
You don't have to do #1 and #4 (in fact, the more names the better), but nos. 2 and 3 are a must.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Actually, I think it's quite relevant.
It's obviously a mistake fare. (I will get flamed for this, because "Spirit Air sold $9 fares," etc), but don't be silly. You have a $33 D class ticket at the height of summer to Europe!
The problem here is that someone in the bowels of AZ decided to mess with our reservations, and nobody seems to know who's in charge. With AZ, that is to be expected.
Yes, AZ is a crap airline, and their behavior since announcing they would honor the fare is quite devious. Actually, though, I'm guessing that, seeing how slowly this is unfolding, there are only 1-2 people involved in making these decisions. Please don't blame and scream at then entire staff, but make constant requests for managers.
If we're not smart and professional (as opposed to AZ!) about it, AZ could just call it quits and try to cancel us all. Through constant pressure, though, they just might do the right thing.

Those on the front line (eg, rez agts, ticket counter staff) likely are looking at something in our reservations that says NO CHANGES. PERIOD, written by someone in either N. American HQ or in Italy.
Arguing or trying to change something with these low-level workers, and getting yourself more and more angry, is not useful, unless it makes you feel better--you're arguing with some Phone Agent without the ability to change anything.
I agree with denouncing AZ's behavior, and getting it into the press again, just in a way that allows them to save face. My goal is not to shame AZ--it's to be sure we can use these tix!
I disagree that it is an "obvious mistake", otherwise the legal brainiacs at AZ would have just cancelled all the tickets and taken their chances in court.

The ticket agents (CT, travelocity, Wino Bob's Travel Agency, etc.) have access to the original fare rules. They need to tell AZ that these are the fare rules that AZ must honor if they want to continue to do business.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Submitted...Thanks!

Your complaint has been submitted to the office of the Air Travel Complaint Commissioner and has been assigned Complaint Number (removed). Please refer to this Complaint Number in any correspondence with the Agency.
Also submitted the first two complaints to the TCA
- because of changing the rules
- because of changing my routings and not willing to re-book to the original routing
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by martian
My post on the first page of this thread (Post#4) has the contact info from links that brokeboy PMed me. If people continue to PM me additional contact info links and the fare rule links, I'll post them there or in Post#8 on the first page.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Spiff
The ticket agents (CT, travelocity, Wino Bob's Travel Agency, etc.) have access to the original fare rules. They need to tell AZ that these are the fare rules that AZ must honor if they want to continue to do business.
To be honest, I'm more surprised that CT and Orbitz have tried to divorce themselves from this situation. I'd think they would have more chance for recourse with an airline than individual buyers would--and isn't that why we paid the fees to them, to be our advocate when a problem crops up??

I think it's time to focus on Orbitz, more than AZ. The airline has made it clear that they're going to do what they want, even with individual travellers complaining. How many pax complain to them every day?? (Answer: Considering it's AZ, probably hundreds!) I'm sure it's of no effect. But Orbitz and CT, being North American companies with bit PR departments, must be a little worried about this, the more crap AZ pulls. I'm guessing they don't know what to do (since this obviously doesn't happen often), so they're saying to call AZ... while AZ says to call Orbitz, who has been told not to do anything!
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
My post on the first page of this thread (Post#4) has the contact info from links that brokeboy PMed me. If people continue to PM me additional contact info links and the fare rule links, I'll post them there or in Post#8 on the first page.

Thank you very much...Again, I love FT
Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:41 pm
JMR

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
conspiracy theory

For the conspiracy theorist - what if AZ is making this tough with the hope of provoking rude calls, angry letters and media inquiries. Maybe AZ wants everyone to flood its call centers, spam its email servers and complain to its business partners such that it can finally announce that it must cancel all these tickets.

AZ might claim it tried to do the right thing, but people were not happy with just getting a $33 BIZ fare, were not willing to wait a bit while AZ worked out the rebookings and continued to gleefully reign terror and cost upon poor struggling AZ, proving again that no good deed goes unpunished.

As such, AZ would claim no option but to cut its losses and go back to selling tickets at normal prices.

Just throwing out a consipracy theory, no basis in fact, and certainly no desire to see such a thing happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.