Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:04 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
The fares are still available and can be booked on Orbitz. Usually when the fare is not available it gives you the latest fare or does not allow you to finish the booking.

Originally Posted by anonplz
Orbitz continues to accept reservations, but it appears they stopped issuing ticket numbers a while back, so current res'n.'s may not be validated.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage 1MM, Bonvoy, Hilton, IHG, Emerald (National), BA Emirates
Got it... by telephoning Alitalia

Heard about this from AAFrequentFlyer on Fodors.com about an hour ago. Didn't need to even think about it... this is not a "mileage run" for me - - it's our trip to Europe for the year. Reservationist put me on hold for quite a while to "check this out with supervisor". Since I talked live with an Alitalia reservationist, I have no ethical qualms, even if it IS a genuine mistake (doesn't it have to be?) - - haven't read all 32 pages of posts here this morning - - just wanted to let others know that the fare is still being sold.

So awesome... thanks, flyertalk - - got my last trip to Europe thanks to communications here also (the "Rockford deal, on NW, to Paris", May 2005).

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*
Got my ticket number about 10-15min after I booked.....
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:05 am

Just booked on Orbitz 12/17-12/24. No ticket numbers yet.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:09 am

Rigli, Pagliacci...

Is this dead?

Programs: Many
I know that in YYZ if flying to the US one undergoes US preclearance, but if flying thru YYZ in direct transit outbound to another Int'l destination, does one have to go thru Canada immigration/customs, or do they have airside transfer.

Programs: CO
Just booked 3 tickets September 21-26, man I love this site. Thanks guys !
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: AS, IHG
Help! I have been trying for an hour at orbitz.. what am I doing wrong? Can someone give me a quick idiot's guide to getting this fare?

A
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mlhall
Is this dead?
Booked 3 tickets 5 minutes ago went to book another and I got an error screen.

Thanks to the O.P.

Gotta Love Flyertalk!!!!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
So if we want to change our dates and or routing, and each way is operated by two carriers (Air Canada and Alitalia), who should be the airline/agency to call? Should I call cheaptickets directly? Is it too early to call or should I wait? Dont wanna jeopardize anyones chances...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by alliance
Just booked on Orbitz 12/17-12/24. No ticket numbers yet.
I must be incompetent, I have tried every date people have posted without luck.
I am searching Orbitz multi-leg business class. When people list dates I am trying date YYZ to MXP date +1 MXP to Lca and return LCA - MXP date and MXP to YYZ date +1

What am I doing wrong?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: AA PL, UA 1K, HH Diamond
I received a ticket number for the first of three reservations an hour ago. Nothing yet for the next two.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My Orbitz and CheapTicket itineraries have ticket numbers. With Travelocity, nothing has been posted about ticket numbers nor shipping tracking numbers. On the contrary, Travelocity says something about checking the ticket with the airline before issuing it. Is that standard Travelocity language? (It seems to be.)
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:16 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by janhigginskcmo
This might be a dumd question. I booked hubby and I. He told me to go back and book the kids. It won't let me book with out an adult. Were on the same flight. Can I book them under adults?
I would book one kid as an adult and the rest as children in case there is a child discount for passengers under 12.

John
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by unagi1
I know that in YYZ if flying to the US one undergoes US preclearance, but if flying thru YYZ in direct transit outbound to another Int'l destination, does one have to go thru Canada immigration/customs, or do they have airside transfer.
For my AA to BA flights that have me transiting via YYZ (for US-UK via Canada) I had to go landside at YYZ and reclear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.