Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A few of my ticketed Travelocity itineraries has disappeared after showing up as "cancelled" when I clicked on it.

Bizarre.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
I've been on the phone (hold) for almost 2 hours now with Orbitz trying to get some satisafaction for being a canceled, non-ticket # holder. I am in the queue for a supervisor named Daniel, but he's declining my call. Has anyone ever gotten a voucher from Orbitz? They claim they don't give them.
And why would you be getting a voucher?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by docr775
What time did you book if you do not mind?
I received the travel document via email, from Orbitz, at 1:28pm EST. I imagine I probably paid between noon and 1pm.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yeah, never book anything in these situations. I did set up my nights at Hilton with points, but those are easily refundable.
I can understand caution.

But I DID book a non-refundable hotel rez - but I had a flight reservation confirmation AND ticket numbers. Just can't any surer (if there is there such a word?) than that.

...at least I thought....

No worries, hey? It seems to work out in the end for at least most. I wish we were ALL going though....
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kahuna
Similar situation with confirmed reservation, seat allocations and no ticket numbers. Waited over an hour before talking to a supervisor named Robin who had zero customer service skills. Requested the corporate office address to mail a claim to and he hung-up on me. Now I am really upset at Orbitz and determined to obtain compensation for the Delta tickets I purchased for travel to and from Toronto.
Why did you purchase tickets to Toronto before knowing if your LCA tickets would be honored?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by the_nomad
I can understand caution.

But I DID book a non-refundable hotel rez - but I had a flight reservation confirmation AND ticket numbers. Just can't any surer (if there is there such a word?) than that.
Well you had a ticket number at least. Hopefully it was only one or two nights, and that's a reasonable gamble, I guess. I'm glad that I always read FT before I go to bed, and caught this in the beginning, rather than at the end.

I think we should lock Rosj in a room, and make him produce more miracles.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Apr 6, 2006 at 9:03 pm
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
A few of my ticketed Travelocity itineraries has disappeared after showing up as "cancelled" when I clicked on it.

Bizarre.
I was calling Orbitz on a family member's ticket for a completely different itinerary, but was curious what the official 'release' was on the Alitalia situation...

The agent started reading the statements given earlier, but also included phrasing that said "this is from the CEO of Alitalia....who says while those who booked with other channels will not be honored, those who did book with Orbitz and were ticketed will enjoy the security...blah blah blha"

Not to start spreading rumors...but would be interesting if Orbitz' clout got some exception the others like cheaptickets and travelocity didn't. Doesn't make sense though under trade laws (Robinson Pattman?), but that's not my domain.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I was calling Orbitz on a family member's ticket for a completely different itinerary, but was curious what the official 'release' was on the Alitalia situation...

The agent started reading the statements given earlier, but also included phrasing that said "this is from the CEO of Alitalia....who says while those who booked with other channels will not be honored, those who did book with Orbitz and were ticketed will enjoy the security...blah blah blha"

Not to start spreading rumors...but would be interesting if Orbitz' clout got some exception the others like cheaptickets and travelocity didn't. Doesn't make sense though under trade laws (Robinson Pattman?), but that's not my domain.
Interesting thing is that CheapTickets is Orbitz for purposes of these tickets. And as far as I can tell they were being issued out of Orbitz's offices.

Travelocity is going to accept its ticketed customers being locked out of a similar arrangement?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
Hi,

I have been away for few hours. It is usually easy to catch up with FT but not that time!

Here is my situation:
1.Booked with Orbitz 3 trips
2. Had 3 airline tickets numbers (all my booking shows ticket numbers #055...)
3. All my booking was cancelled by orbitz...and still shows cancelled (22h55 EST)
4. Of course, no UPS tracking number

What I should do? Call Orbitz?
Wait and booking should reappear and be delivered?

Thanks,

aad665
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by aad665
Hi,

I have been away for few hours. It is usually easy to catch up with FT but not that time!

Here is my situation:
1.Booked with Orbitz 3 trips
2. Had 3 airline tickets numbers (all my booking shows ticket numbers #055...)
3. All my booking was cancelled by orbitz...and still shows cancelled (22h55 EST)
4. Of course, no UPS tracking number

What I should do? Call Orbitz?
Wait and booking should reappear and be delivered?

Thanks,

aad665
Orbitz + ticket numbers = you're going to LCA. They are reinstating tickets based on when you're leaving, so just wait for them to contact you.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hmmm. I'm going to have to start visiting Orbitz more often. I think they deserve it for going to bat for the customer. ^
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
aad665 -- as tough as it is to do sometimes, the FT consensus is to wait... at least until tomorrow. And maybe longer if your dates are way out there.
--
13F

Last edited by Seat13F_AC_CRJ; Apr 6, 2006 at 9:02 pm Reason: I hate grammar mistakes.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
I would highly doubt that is an accurate statement. Also, keep in mind that Cheaptickets and Orbitz share the same parent company, so I'm sure whatever Orbitz gets, so too does Cheaptickets.

But I also don't think that AZ would leave other online agencies in the lurch on this either.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:03 pm

Does anyone whose trip was ticketed and never cancelled, and who got 2-3 day shipping from Orbitz, have a UPS tracking number (not online, but gained by calling Orbitz)? If so, are these tickets on their way?

I'd rather not call Orbitz to find out my tracking numbers, but I would like to know if I should be on the lookout for a brown truck tomorrow.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
duplicate info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.