Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Orbitz CS Manager Confirms YYZ-LCA Fare Will Be Honored

I got off the phone with Orbitz CS at around 745pm Eastern, and a 2nd level manager received information during my call that AZ will be honoring the fare for those people with ticket numbers.

This does not mean you have to physically have your tickets (I currently do not), but if you were issued a ticket number (AZ stock starting with 055) you are OK.

The information confirms news reports quoting Orbitz PR Director Brian Hoyt. One such article is found here:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/06042006/...flight-40.html

I was told that itineraries are being re-built in chronological order based on travel date (not order of booking). The manager said that it will take some time to accomplish this, and that everyone elgible will be receiving e-mail confirmation with a 'new confirmation number' as they go through these.

This also means that tickets might not be received in one-two business days as originally thought.

She also said that Orbitz had no knowledge of the cancellations until people started calling in, claiming that AZ cancelled the reservations without notifying Orbitz.

At any rate, I was very happy to have such a nice change in outcome during the course of my call. I hope this works out for a lot of other people too!

Last edited by Peatisback; Apr 6, 2006 at 7:20 pm
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rexlex
Funny thing is, those that weren't are the only ones with NAm carrier segments (AC/AA). Coincidence? In any case, IF this is the final word, I'm happy. But methinks there'll be another twist or turn or three to come....

rl
that ain't funny!I have a seg on AA!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by rexlex
Called Orbitz again, several tickets reinstated, a couple not. All had ticket numbers. Got tracking numbers for UPS.

No reason given for the non-reinstated tix, just "Ticketing said they won't be reinstated." Funny thing is, those that weren't are the only ones with NAm carrier segments (AC/AA). Coincidence? In any case, IF this is the final word, I'm happy. But methinks there'll be another twist or turn or three to come....

Good job, Orbitz. ^

rl
No - not "good job Orbitz.". A good job would be if they also honored my one trip (not 25, just me and the SO) that ORBITZ confirmed, but was cancelled 30 hours later.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA PL, UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MACH81
that ain't funny!I have a seg on AA!
Per #2207, they were also the latest chronologically, so maybe that's it. Just another data point, FWIW.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:23 pm

Programs: NW-Plat, PC-Gold, SPG Gold, National Exec.
My itinerary on Cheap tickets shows only Newark to Toronto. However on Continental's website it shows the whole thing ticked and confirmed with AZ in business class. I didn't look yesterday at Continental's site. I did have a ticket number from cheap tickets-Unfortunately I cancelled my Perk Saver 25,000 mile ticket to get to Toronto-Once this is resolved, I hope to still get the PerkSaver
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat
So I just got the same "Sorry, Screw You" email from Orbitz, indicating that because I purchased after the pricing error was detected and in the process of being corrected, I assume that everybody who purchased AFTER me would be in the same boat. However, I know of at least TWO people on FT that were booked on the same flights as me (one booked about 15 minutes after me, the other prolly 40 minutes after) that were issued ticket numbers and appear to be in good shape -- think it's worth it to bring this to Orbitz's attention and hope that there is some way they might issue me tickets as well? Or maybe I am just beating a dead horse.......
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by PHLDividends
No - not "good job Orbitz.". A good job would be if they also honored my one trip (not 25, just me and the SO) that ORBITZ confirmed, but was cancelled 30 hours later.
Having airline tickets "ticketed" is really the final step in any ticket purchase (though I guess I'm waiting the final final step of delivery). Sorry your's didn't get make it to that phase, but if it indeed pans out that AZ honors all the 055 ticketed reservations, they've done the proper thing.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:27 pm

I booked mine at the same time as a co-worker. He got a ticket number issued, I did not.

I was the one that told him about the deal too.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:31 pm
JMR

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
another twist?

I have two with TIX numbers, one without. Orbitz says all three will not be honored. I'm hoping it's just a contingency they had not considered, or that the CSR is a bit clueless.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: CO Infinite Elite, SPG Plat, US Gold, MR Plat, etc
Originally Posted by Tummy
I booked mine at the same time as a co-worker. He got a ticket number issued, I did not.

I was the one that told him about the deal too.

I bought one ticket for myself, then a minute later bought one for my wife. HERS got a ticket number, while mine did not.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Peatisback, thanks for the information.

If someone:

-with a ticket number
-without ticket in hand/en route
-with a cancelled reservation

recieves an e-mail/sees that their reservation has been "automatically" reinstated, please let us know.

I will eventually call and harangue Orbitz if need be, but if it appears that they are reinstating reservations on their own, I'll sit tight.

My travel isn't until February, so I expect to be at the bottom of the list.

Originally Posted by Peatisback
...I got off the phone with Orbitz CS at around 745pm Eastern, and a 2nd level manager received information during my call that AZ will be honoring the fare for those people with ticket numbers.

This does not mean you have to physically have your tickets (I currently do not), but if you were issued a ticket number (AZ stock starting with 055) you are OK...

..I was told that itineraries are being re-built in chronological order based on travel date (not order of booking). The manager said that it will take some time to accomplish this, and that everyone elgible will be receiving e-mail confirmation with a 'new confirmation number' as they go through these....
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:42 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
It is the question of whether the system allocated you a ticket number or not. My guess is it will not take you too far with Orbitz.

Originally Posted by wentona777
So I just got the same "Sorry, Screw You" email from Orbitz, indicating that because I purchased after the pricing error was detected and in the process of being corrected, I assume that everybody who purchased AFTER me would be in the same boat. However, I know of at least TWO people on FT that were booked on the same flights as me (one booked about 15 minutes after me, the other prolly 40 minutes after) that were issued ticket numbers and appear to be in good shape -- think it's worth it to bring this to Orbitz's attention and hope that there is some way they might issue me tickets as well? Or maybe I am just beating a dead horse.......
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Yeah, I was never issued a ticket number. I spoke with Orbitz yesterday afternoon and was told that my itin received an "INVALID FARE CODE" error message and would have to be manually entered. I guess it didn't help that the manual entry never took place.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
No problem. I guess it sparks the question "Who is travelling soonest?". Anyone headed for Cyprus in the next few days or weeks?

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Peatisback, thanks for the information.

If someone:

-with a ticket number
-without ticket in hand/en route
-with a cancelled reservation

recieves an e-mail/sees that their reservation has been "automatically" reinstated, please let us know.

I will eventually call and harangue Orbitz if need be, but if it appears that they are reinstating reservations on their own, I'll sit tight.

My travel isn't until February, so I expect to be at the bottom of the list.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA, PC Plat
Originally Posted by joelfreak
I spoke to CT a couple minutes ago, and even though I received emails stating my reservations are canceled, I was told that my reservations WOULD be honored...
Excellent news ^ . I broke down and called during the thread hiatus/after Orbitz had announced they were honoring them. CT has no new news for me then, just to say AZ had cancelled my international legs, they were working on it, and were instructing people to call again tomorrow for an update. Oh, and she mentioned the numerous calls they have received

Since I have ticket numbers, it certainly looks like it will work out for me Now I'll just wait for my itin to update, and if nothing appears in the next few days I'll call again. I *hope* it's over...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.