Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:55 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by PJK
I went to bed here in Japan at page 100 when I last checked, and this fridaymorning it was at page 144, the thread being temporarily locked... What I can read back in a decent amount of time, is that Alitalia is going to honour all TICKETED reservations, right?

And: Did anyone record the CNN-story, or have a link to it? As I missed it obviously.
it appears that AZ is going to honor all ticketed rez....we'll see how that goes.
as far as cnn goes see post 2170 for a transcript
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I spoke to CT a couple minutes ago, and even though I received emails stating my reservations are canceled, I was told that my reservations WOULD be honored, but CT needs to get AZ on the phone, and AZ was closed. I was given the "Agency Desk" phone number for AZ, and told that if I wanted, I could call myself first thing tommorrow morning...Just for reference, I did have ticket numbers on both my reservations...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:57 pm

anyone know the phone number for orbitz that was metioned earlier that goes direct to reservations.
I'm just not in the mood of going through 150 pages to look for it.

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by joelfreak
I spoke to CT a couple minutes ago, and even though I received emails stating my reservations are canceled, I was told that my reservations WOULD be honored, but CT needs to get AZ on the phone, and AZ was closed. I was given the "Agency Desk" phone number for AZ, and told that if I wanted, I could call myself first thing tommorrow morning...Just for reference, I did have ticket numbers on both my reservations...
This is great news man!thanks 4 the update...I suggest you do not call AZ!let CT handle it!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Dear Mach81....
you're italian like me. What have we to say about our OuTsTaNdInG national carrier????

They would be the best carrier in the world, if AZ was the only carrier existing

Guys, don't stop fighting against this matter. I'm italian but i hate the unprofessional behaviour AZ provided in many circumstances.
If you get you're TIX nr, they have to respect the fare.

my 0.02$

p.s. 4 mach81: pensa se poi Az onora tutti sti biglietti ma fallisce prima che possano essere volati....
Suspended

Originally Posted by thenewflesh
Has anyone had any luck with Cheap Tickets? I have conf. number and ticket #'s, but not tracking #.
I posted somewhere earlier the CheapTickets site does not display tracking numbers - you have to call them but they will provide it to you if you ask nicely. An email got the tracking number confirmed for me

Good luck.

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by flymaster
anyone know the phone number for orbitz that was metioned earlier that goes direct to reservations.
I'm just not in the mood of going through 150 pages to look for it.

Thanks
1-888-656-4546, say "flights" and then say "customer service". They are picking up pretty fast.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:01 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
If you apply the same cancellations, no shows, missed connections algorithim to this, they could end up with fewer tickets. But they did get away with reservations that were not ticketed yet. That reduced the deluge of reservations that came after farealert.

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
500 tickets is pretty low, IMHO - but I seriously doubt they'll release the actual numbers!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I posted somewhere earlier the CheapTickets site does not display tracking numbers - you have to call them but they will provide it to you if you ask nicely. An email got the tracking number confirmed for me

Good luck.
great gonna call later and get my tracking #s!thanks
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:03 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by MACH81
This is great news man!thanks 4 the update...I suggest you do not call AZ!let CT handle it!
Odd both of mine arrived today from CT and NOTHING was mentioned online or anywhere else. I still haven't called.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
My office accounted for at least 25 tickets, not counting the people that they told about the deal who ticketed.

All 25 had ticket #s. (These were booked long before the fare alert came out.)

So 500 is low low low.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by party_boy
Odd both of mine arrived today from CT and NOTHING was mentioned online or anywhere else. I still haven't called.
really?I've been canceled since this morning 4.30 am ET.Gotta give a call.Unfortunately I didn't choose the overnight shipping.

lucky you!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
My UPS tracking number remained the same, but now the status has changed from "Billing Info. Received" to "In Transit - Rescheduled", and the ticket is on its way.

Assuming no further surprises, I'll call AZ on Monday for seats and the like (Orbitz wasn't able to request them for my flights, for whatever reason).
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA PL, UA 1K, HH Diamond
Called Orbitz again, several tickets reinstated, a couple not. All had ticket numbers. Got tracking numbers for UPS.

No reason given for the non-reinstated tix, just "Ticketing said they won't be reinstated." Funny thing is, those that weren't are the only ones with NAm carrier segments (AC/AA). Coincidence? In any case, IF this is the final word, I'm happy. But methinks there'll be another twist or turn or three to come....

Good job, Orbitz. ^

rl
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:12 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
uh.. just got call from Citi asking me to confirm some "mysterious" charges on the account .. aka the orbitz charges.
So they confirmed my reservation, they charged my credit card yet, no tix #s issues and res. now cxld...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.