Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Orbitz still hasn't got the okay to reinstate... Looks like it was a PR move to let the new outlets first know...

-Vincent
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:02 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
They said those with ticket numbers will have their tickets honored while those would not were out of luck and then did a brief explanation about the difference between "ticketed" and "reserved"
If they do that, then I will not book with Orbitz again. Ever. They issued a confirmation number. They said my flights were confirmed. They allowed me to select seats. They should honor the reservation.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by janhigginskcmo
Yes, please which one?
Regular CNN US. (Headline news annoys me. )
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by miguel0881
Mr. Zhu seems unreasonably worried about the Cypriot DMZ that he referenced earlier.
Mr. Zhu should realize that Cypriot DMZ doesn't equal North Korea DMZ.
Mr. Zhu should enjoy Cyprus, and stop worrying so much!

Wasn't Mr. Zhu going to get ice cream anyway?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:05 pm

I imagine there was a steep upward curve with the bookings taking off after a certain point. I would guess about 70% of the tickets were booked after 11:30 am.....
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Regular CNN US. (Headline news annoys me. )
CNN Headline News is like the Muzak of Cable News...

-Vincent
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by PHLDividends
If they do that, then I will not book with Orbitz again. Ever. They issued a confirmation number. They said my flights were confirmed. They allowed me to select seats. They should honor the reservation.
Again, it's an Alitalia issue, not an Orbitz issue - there's no question that Orbitz would be on the hook if it decided to now further ticket any bookings at this price.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:06 pm
Suspended

I watch for ticket numbers more than confirmations when it comes to airlines. I guess that's because I've been through this before.

Fortunately all my reservations were ticketed ... i.e., with ticket numbers.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by MrZhu
"Orbitz will refund those customers who paid a service fee to the website but were not ticketed"

Mr. Zhu had not tickets numbers

On the bright side he can still get a refund on his flak jacket
Mr. Zhu now gets his wish of cancelling his MXP-LCA-MXP segments.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by gldwebs
I am literally across the street (125 S Wacker) from their office and run into thier employees all the time when going for lunch by their building. If this doesnt work out I would be more than happy to take over an enormous stack of complaint letters to them.
Letters? How about picketing? Sounds like a fun DO to me!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CO Silver, frequent WN patron
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Thanks for the update, HeathrowGuy. While in general I disagree with calling in at this point, it seems that your calls do more good than harm...which is more than I can say for most people that have been calling in all day.
I don't know if this is entirely correct -- HeathrowGuy and KVS certainly have much better info than anyone else, but in this case, calling isn't what killed the deal. I called after getting paper tickets in hand (per FT guidance) and the rez was already gone. My call had nothing to do with the cancellation. The CSR's explanation was in line with KVS'.

I honestly think that at this point, pressure may be the best hope of accomplishing something (obviously, Orbitz already feels the pressure so the quiet approach is appropriate there). Travelocity has apparently had so little pressure (did they get that few bookings?) that they thought it was actually a flight cancellation issue. Perhaps someone needs to light the proverbial fire under their a$$. Maybe the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

I don't know who's right on this one. It's pretty much a moot point for me anyway since I'm at IAH and can't burn cell phone time bugging Travelocity.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:08 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Again, it's an Alitalia issue, not an Orbitz issue - there's no question that Orbitz would be on the hook if it decided to now further ticket any bookings at this price.
Either way, it's not the customer's fault, and Orbitz, as the agency, should fight for the customer. I called yesterday after booking, and was told by a CSR at Orbitz that the reservation was fine, and that it would be ticketed. If AZ refuses to honor it, Orbitz should stand up for the customer. If Orbitz won't do that, then I will not use them. If they WILL do that, I'll send them a lot of my business.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:09 pm
Suspended

those people who took advantage of this are no better than thieves.

If you see a bankarmor truck with its door accidentally left open, would you walk up and grab the money? If you do take the money, you're committing a felony. Another example, if the bank ATM spits out an extra three hundres dollars on top of the amount you punched in, do you keep the money or notify the bank?

Sure... Alitalia may decide to honour the tickets, but that doesn't change the fact that you have essentially taken advantage of their unfortunate mistake.

I don't think FlyerTalk forums were created to help people find steals like this. It is even worse when thousands of fellow members who jumped on the deal without any shame and decency. What kind of message are you sending to your children?

What surprised me even more was that the moderators of the forum has done nothing... What does Mr. Randy Peterson have to say about this?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:09 pm
Suspended

I cannot see how Alitalia could honor Orbitz-facilitate tickets yet fail to honor Travelocity-facilitated tickets. Alitalia would be stupid to try to do that.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MrZhu
Mr. Zhu hopes that maybe the resloution allows him to drop the LCA leg. Mr. Zhu figures that AZ would like to let us cancel that leg since its on someone elses metal......

Mr. Zhu likes to dream.
How did Mr. Zhu like the ice cream?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.