MR Tool

Old Jul 16, 2004, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
ITA maxdur -redeye -prop syntax and usage question

I'm trying to price out SEA-NAS, and want to eliminate redeyes and prop planes, with a maximum duration of 12 hours transit time.

Why doesn't SEA:: / -redeye, -prop work? The syntax is accepted, but overnight and prop planes are prominent in the list!

And why does SEA:: / maxdur 720 give you NO flights even on one way itineraries, but SEA:: / maxdur 1400 gives you flights, even though there are many flights of less than 12 hours?

And how do you put all of this together on a round trip itinerary, allowing redeye one direction, but not the other?
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold
ITA Search Limited To OneWorld Members

Is there a short cut to limiting ITA searches to One World or Star Alliance members other than listing all the airlines individually?

Would certainly be helpful....
Old Oct 6, 2004, 3:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Dare I say it....in some ways this is even better than easySabre.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:26 am

I do not see

I do not see the option on ITA "extra for experts".. I went to help and could not find it can any one guide me to it thanks
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:35 am

Programs: US lowlife
Originally Posted by xzyanca
I do not see the option on ITA "extra for experts".. I went to help and could not find it can any one guide me to it thanks
My Account, under Display Preferences. Its called "Availability Format".

-JC
Old Oct 19, 2004, 2:14 pm

I do not have that option

Wide screen view | Modify search | Log out | Help | Comments | ITA Software
I do not have that option .. those are the only opitons that I have ..

User xxxx | Edit user account | Log out | Help | Comments | ITA Software

Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:46 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Question....ITA shows a certain fare in 'T' class. If you attempt to book the same flights directly with the airline (Northwest), NW will only offer you a 'V' fare on some of the flights, thus making the fare about $40 higher.

Anyone know a solution to this problem?

-RM
Might have been that the "T" fare was available when run, but not when you tried to book the flight. BTW, I had to pay the extra $5 and use the res. line on NW to book my TPA/MSP/BIL/SEA/MSP/TPA 20 hr. MR - the choices on nwa.com didn't include any of the best choices (including a 30 hr. : TPA/IAH/MSP/SEA/MSP/EWR/TPA for 6612 miles).
Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:49 am
ed1

Thanks, just got NW SE using it!

Great tool! I owe (at least in part) my NW SE to the use of this!

-Ed
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:18 pm

how do you book ? ita tkt

I just need some clarification.. Once I find the fair that I want ITA Software how do I book it ?

Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2004, 2:25 pm

I just need some clarification.. Once I find the fair that I want ITA Software how do I book it ?

Thanks
ITA doesn't let you book flights. You need to take the information from ITA (the fare basis code, etc) and go to a travel agent or Expedia/Travelocity to actually book the fare.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:14 am
ed1

Thanks
If it's on NW, the best bet is to call the reservations line and tell them that you found a fare that doesn't come up on nwa.com - unless you're PE, it will cost the $5 booking fee.

I would imagine this would work with any of the airlines' res. lines, but my only experience is with NW.

-Ed
Old Nov 23, 2004, 12:53 pm

Thank you very much

Thank you very much for the reply as u c i am still learning

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2004, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3.5 MM Miles, HH Diamond
Can someone explain to me exactly what the "fare basis code" is.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Manner998
Can someone explain to me exactly what the "fare basis code" is.
A fare basis code looks like "T53JKM" or "LM432B". It is how airlines attach names to different pricings for tickets. The first letter is the booking class of the ticket, which usually identifies whether it has restrictions or what class it is.

Also, each basis code has rules attached to them which dictate what flights and routings can use that fare (price). If you find a particular price (fare basis code) that you like for your flight, you can request that the travel agent use the same code which allows them to locate that particular fare quickly and avoid searching themselves for it.

In a bit of a hurry tonight, so hopefully that explains it enough to give you an idea of what a fare basis code is.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 10:49 pm

Also, you may want to try going to google.com and searching for:

what is a fare basis code?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.