Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:19 am

Sorry to harp on this - did anyone else get an email reply for credit card verification? My status just says 'solved', I presume that is good enough? No help from CS desk.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kornner
For anyone who have paid for the booking but received no e-ticket, I don't think there's any luck now. My emails to them got no replies for three days so I managed to call them today. They kept insisting that since there's no ticket generated they will not reinstate the booking and the payment will be refunded. (Three agents always gave me different stories. One said it was already refunded on the 31st, one said it was already refunded on the 3rd, one said it wasn't processed yet and asked if I like to do it now.)

One interesting point: My booking was for SGN-DOH-JFK rt and it costs USD 672.78. One phone agent said that doesn't even cover all taxes and surcharges. I tried to make a booking today for the same route/date to see if it is true, and it seems all taxes and surcharges should be around USD 710. Indeed Departure Transportation Tax (USAP) and Arrival Transportation Tax (USAP) were missing from my quote. Of course my offer to pay the difference got refused. However if you have bookings for the same route and your price is around the same as mine, there may be some hiccups in the way.
Total rubbish. Most of these $6xx are YQ charges from the airline and not taxes.

Anyway as the old saying goes: No ticket - no fly! Better luck next time.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by staticx813
has anyone booked their position flights yet? too early? costs?

do you guys think that two hours between when i land in HAN to when i take off from HAN to go on this run is too little time to go through customs?
Taking QR from BKK and turn back on the same plane. There should be a transit desk in HAN, no!? In any case I'll do OLCI for the HAN-DOH-FRA and maybe try and get the bp already at BKK (I have the station managers email from another case few months back).

Keep in mind that Vietnam has both an Entry as well as an Exit Immigration. Only been to SGN before and it was a clusterfk.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Similar to the "sake fare"

This fare needs a name

I nominate "pho fare"
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by keitherson

This fare needs a name

I nominate "pho fare"
Pho, while tasty, has never filled me up. "Bia hoi" on the other hand.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by thelister
Sorry to harp on this - did anyone else get an email reply for credit card verification? My status just says 'solved', I presume that is good enough? No help from CS desk.

Received email responses back 5 days later, i filled out the online form AND responded to the email
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Taking QR from BKK and turn back on the same plane. There should be a transit desk in HAN, no!? In any case I'll do OLCI for the HAN-DOH-FRA and maybe try and get the bp already at BKK (I have the station managers email from another case few months back).

Keep in mind that Vietnam has both an Entry as well as an Exit Immigration. Only been to SGN before and it was a clusterfk.
Reckon I'd do the same. There was a thread about someone else successfully doing the same.

Any idea if OLCI will give you a BP ex-HAN or will it only give you a confirmation slip like ex-CAI?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

Is it possible to Check through the luggage from BKK-HAN-DOH-FRA? As it has only 1.15 hr connection in HAN
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by keitherson

This fare needs a name

I nominate "pho fare"
Somebody (msm2000uk) beat you to it - see posts 436 and 439 (in between your posts 430 and 498).
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guide187
Is it possible to Check through the luggage from BKK-HAN-DOH-FRA? As it has only 1.15 hr connection in HAN
I'm not going to have any baggage and remember that BKK-HAN-DOH is in reality BKK-HAN-BKK-DOH. Maybe you can take 2 carry-on instead? Not sure how it works on the HAN-BKK-DOH if they allow you to go to a lounge or keep you inside the gate area. If lounge maybe you could leave your bag in the baggage storage until you're back 4h later.

I recommend not to risk it. Can gladly ask for you though and report back in a few weeks.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dfs24
Reckon I'd do the same. There was a thread about someone else successfully doing the same.

Any idea if OLCI will give you a BP ex-HAN or will it only give you a confirmation slip like ex-CAI?
Not the slightest idea and it might also have something to do with your final destination (Visa, Passport check required).
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Somebody (msm2000uk) beat you to it - see posts 436 and 439 (in between your posts 430 and 498).
haha he gets all the credit then. clever guy
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: OWE
anyone with luck in terms of changing the inbound/outbound on this?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by staticx813
anyone with luck in terms of changing the inbound/outbound on this?
If you pay the change fee and the difference in airfare.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by thelister
I had this when I got in on the saké fare.

You are good from here, Solved means you no longer need the Credit Card at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.