Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BKK-AMS (AZ) rt £819 a codeshares on EY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BKK-AMS (AZ) rt £819 a codeshares on EY

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:38 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by KenGreen888
Any recommendations on where to credit the miles for this one?
AZ/EY are the only place probably, not sure AF would give you any credit for AZ codeshare on non-alliance partner operated flights.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
AZ cancelled MIL-AUH flights (AZ856/857) for Winter timetable, only EY code shares still stand.

They did not even rebook me to other flights...

And this fare is finally gone in the evening on 15 June.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
AZ cancelled MIL-AUH flights (AZ856/857) for Winter timetable...
Actually from 12 September as i can see now.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
AZ/EY are the only place probably, not sure AF would give you any credit for AZ codeshare on non-alliance partner operated flights.
So my flights on Alitalia stock and operated by Etihad and TAP are finally coming up next week from Bangkok to Lisbon.

I've never flown a codeshare flight, especially one like this that has tons of different alliances and non-alliances in play.

Any clue if I have a chance in hell at crediting the Etihad operated flights to American (miles only I know, not EQD/EQM) and TAP flights to United or Singapore? Or no way since issued by Alitalia? And if no way, by your above comment re: AF, sounds like putting the flights on another SkyTeam like Delta is a no-go since they aren't actually operated by a SkyTeam carrier...
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:01 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
So my flights on Alitalia stock and operated by Etihad and TAP are finally coming up next week from Bangkok to Lisbon.

I've never flown a codeshare flight, especially one like this that has tons of different alliances and non-alliances in play.

Any clue if I have a chance in hell at crediting the Etihad operated flights to American (miles only I know, not EQD/EQM) and TAP flights to United or Singapore? Or no way since issued by Alitalia? And if no way, by your above comment re: AF, sounds like putting the flights on another SkyTeam like Delta is a no-go since they aren't actually operated by a SkyTeam carrier...
There are three things to consider:

Ticket issuer (stock) which is Alitalia does not make a difference to miles crediting.

Marketing carrier (which I think is alitalia) - is the two letter code your flight number starts with. If AZ, then you will not get any credit to AA/SQ/UA.

Operating carrier (the one who flies the plane) - again does not have direct impact on miles - but does on crediting.

As an example to BA Exec club:
BA (market)/BA (oper) -- ALWAYS OK to any Oneworld alliance
BA (market)/AS (oper) -- OK to credit to BA scheme only
AA (market)/AS (oper) -- NO MILES to BA scheme; maybe miles to AA
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
There are three things to consider:

Ticket issuer (stock) which is Alitalia does not make a difference to miles crediting.

Marketing carrier (which I think is alitalia) - is the two letter code your flight number starts with. If AZ, then you will not get any credit to AA/SQ/UA.

Operating carrier (the one who flies the plane) - again does not have direct impact on miles - but does on crediting.

As an example to BA Exec club:
BA (market)/BA (oper) -- ALWAYS OK to any Oneworld alliance
BA (market)/AS (oper) -- OK to credit to BA scheme only
AA (market)/AS (oper) -- NO MILES to BA scheme; maybe miles to AA
Awesome, thanks so much. This makes sense.

I am currently at the lounge in Bangkok beginning the journey. At check in the agent was able to add my AA number to the reservation and it is showing on my boarding pass like it usually does when it's "attached", but I'm not 100% convinced it will work. It is also attached on my EY flight from Abu Dhabi to Rome, but not on my TAP flight from Rome to Lisbon.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:11 am

I just completed my GBP950 BKK>LIS>BKK trip which went fine. The initial routing was via Milan but as that was withdrawn for the return part of the flight Opodo rebooked me via Rome. This involved me being on hold for 30 minutes on a freephone number.

The four Etihad flights were fine. One of the two A319 TAP "executive" flights was OK but the outgoing one had no onboard service at all, though I did get a EUR50 compensation voucher from them that I will never be able use.

When I got the original PNR I pre-booked all the Etihad business class seats via the Alitalia website. But when the return trip was rebooked through Rome I found that I could no longer access the seat booking page. I had three different PNRs for this trip and pre-booking seats on the rebooked flights through Rome was impossible with any of the PNRs. Whenever I called anyone (Alitalia, Opodo, Etihad) they all said it was someone else's job to book seats. In the end Etihad did it at Abu Dhabi during the outward flight, and even then they had a lot of trouble.

The schedule shown in my Opodo account was wrong from the day they rerouted the return flight and in spite of me calling them about it it never updated itself online or in their app. The schedule email received from Amadeus (checkmytrip) was always spot-on but the booked class shown for the long-haul flights varied between J, I and E in every email I got, and also on the app. In the end they all seemed to be credited as J and I certainly wasnt treated as anything other than a J passenger.

So all in all I was very pleased with this cheap Alitalia ticket, and with Etihad, but not so pleased with Opodo and TAP.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by DarrelT
I just completed my GBP950 BKK>LIS>BKK trip which went fine. The initial routing was via Milan but as that was withdrawn for the return part of the flight Opodo rebooked me via Rome. This involved me being on hold for 30 minutes on a freephone number.

The four Etihad flights were fine. One of the two A319 TAP "executive" flights was OK but the outgoing one had no onboard service at all, though I did get a EUR50 compensation voucher from them that I will never be able use.

When I got the original PNR I pre-booked all the Etihad business class seats via the Alitalia website. But when the return trip was rebooked through Rome I found that I could no longer access the seat booking page. I had three different PNRs for this trip and pre-booking seats on the rebooked flights through Rome was impossible with any of the PNRs. Whenever I called anyone (Alitalia, Opodo, Etihad) they all said it was someone else's job to book seats. In the end Etihad did it at Abu Dhabi during the outward flight, and even then they had a lot of trouble.

The schedule shown in my Opodo account was wrong from the day they rerouted the return flight and in spite of me calling them about it it never updated itself online or in their app. The schedule email received from Amadeus (checkmytrip) was always spot-on but the booked class shown for the long-haul flights varied between J, I and E in every email I got, and also on the app. In the end they all seemed to be credited as J and I certainly wasnt treated as anything other than a J passenger.

So all in all I was very pleased with this cheap Alitalia ticket, and with Etihad, but not so pleased with Opodo and TAP.
I’m currently in Abu Dhabi en route to AMS on this fare, similar experience coming up on the return, 12hr schedule change meaning I would miss my connection in BKK back to SYD, I had to reschedule for a day earlier, Tripsta emailed me only 24hrs before departing, they wouldn’t respond so I was able to get AZ to take control of the ticket and rebook me just in time. Now like you I cannot re select seats online, EY at BKK got me seats but not my preferred, oh well might see at FCO if I can improve on them.

Last edited by Croupier; Oct 12, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Croupier
Now like you I cannot re select seats online, EY at BKK got me seats but not my preferred, oh well might see at FCO if I can improve on them.
Luckily my schedule change was for the return flights, so all my outbound ones were as I originally selected them.

Etihad at BKK could do nothing about selecting seats for the return journey and suggested that I ask the transfer desk at ABU. The transfer desk tried quite hard, calling at least two other offices, but in the end they gave up also and told me to do it at check-in for the ABU>MCP flight. In fact the people in the ABU business lounge managed to do it and I got the best choice of what was left. This was for flights three weeks ahead and I think there were 5 or 6 seats left on each flight at that time.

What I found odd was that the online seat availability (according to both Etihad and Amadeus) for the return flights kept going up and down every time I looked at them in the month preceding the outgoing flights (so between one and two months before the return). Sometimes it showed full, sometimes empty and other times any number in between. In the end both return flights were completely full so I was glad I got it sorted during the outbound trip.

Hope you get your seats OK. I expect you will agree that the actual fare was a bargain and worth a bit of hassle with the seats and routing.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by DarrelT
Luckily my schedule change was for the return flights, so all my outbound ones were as I originally selected them.

Etihad at BKK could do nothing about selecting seats for the return journey and suggested that I ask the transfer desk at ABU.
Interesting, I guess I was lucky at BKK and all they did was make a phone call and managed to select seats on FCO-AUH-BKK, I realize now why. Im on EY metal from FCO to AUH (no AZ A330) also the aircraft config is different to my outbound fligh so my seats 9A on both sectors are the more private close to the window seats. I'm happy with the outcome and the service. I'm not bothered that they couldn't select my seat AMS-FCO.

Yes indeed very good deal )))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.