Wiki Posts
Search

*A MR/Vacation

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
*A MR/Vacation

Done some digging, I've come up with multiple options just wondering if anyone else can find anything that might be more appealing. I generally use ITA/Google and just see what I can come up with. Here's the deets...

Dates: Flexible, ex-YVR(home)/YYJ/SEA/(YYC/YEG [much less desirable]) Aug 26-29 return Sep 4-6

Alliance: Preferably Star unless it's a deal too good to pass up

Airline: I'd like to find something this year on all UA metal (i have $100USD voucher that I have to apply to a booking before Nov and it has to be all UA metal) but again I'm not gonna force myself to use it

Also preference would be given to anything that would credit favourably to OZ, that's where I'll be crediting to.

Destination:...pretty much anywhere, I've been to lots of places, would love to go to many more, I speak Spanish so that makes some places easier than others. Weather isn't super important, I can have fun wherever.

Class: Econ

Budget:...I dunno <$700 CAD

Found good deals on AM from YYC, to MDE/BOG/UIO/HAV and more originally posted on SF, I guess they're looking to fill their new route. Also found a couple interesting deals on UA to places like HGH for what should be a pretty decent CPM, no idea if it's a place worth going to.

In case anyone has fun looking for airfares I'm open to ideas!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
try SGN

Why do you want to go to YYC? Are you going hiking?? IMO, there is zippo happening in AB then. (Full disclosure..........I am visiting YEG for the folk fest two weeks prior. If interested, the action switches to Salmon Arm for your dates).

My suggestion is you hop on Amtrak/Bolt Bus and plan to fly out of SEA. For $766 CAD you can fly to SGN via NRT. Segments on ANA 787. Requires a visa and overnight in SEA.

Still want to fly out of YVR? That adds $200.

Last edited by Antonio8069; Jun 3, 2017 at 5:08 am Reason: added text
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
YVR-SFO-TPE-SFO-YVR out 8/26 return 9/6 is CAD 725, HKG same days is a little more.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...9-06;a=UA;eo=e
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by drvannostren
. Also found a couple interesting deals on UA to places like HGH for what should be a pretty decent CPM, no idea if it's a place worth going to.
Hangzhou is a pretty interesting city - I only go for business, but I think it
would be good for a tourist. You can spend an entire day circling West Lake,
maybe two days if you stretch it out. Good food, and only an hour from Shanghai nowadays on the high speed train. HGH is a great airport to fly in/out for international flights.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Why do you want to go to YYC? Are you going hiking?? IMO, there is zippo happening in AB then. (Full disclosure..........I am visiting YEG for the folk fest two weeks prior. If interested, the action switches to Salmon Arm for your dates).
Never wanted to go to YYC, I was just saying I could fly FROM YYC.

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
maybe two days if you stretch it out. Good food, and only an hour from Shanghai nowadays on the high speed train. HGH is a great airport to fly in/out for international flights.
I was just in PVG and that's what kinda made me think that HGH might be good. I had a $550 flight lined up on UA from SEA-PEK return I should've jumped on it, but didn't at the time and the fare dried up.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
YVR - SFO - SIN - SFO - YVR

Aug 29 - Sept 6th. 767 CAD

https://goo.gl/flights/yNbk

Books into K which earns 50% on OZ so you're looking at 9246. Better bet would be to credit to SQ which earns 100% and would net you ~18500
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
YVR - SFO - SIN - SFO - YVR

Aug 29 - Sept 6th. 767 CAD

https://goo.gl/flights/yNbk

Books into K which earns 50% on OZ so you're looking at 9246. Better bet would be to credit to SQ which earns 100% and would net you ~18500
I actually got YVR-DEN-LAX-SIN-SFO-YVR for like $616 all on UA, knocked it down to about $450 after using my last UA eMCO. I should credit to SQ, but I think my travel will slow down a bit so I like the idea of getting 2 years of status out of OZ.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I was in Hangzhou for a day trip from Shanghai last week. Had a lovely time at West Lake. Wanted to see more than I could so I will likely be back for a few days some time. Had a great lunch at the Hyatt restaurant, 23 Harbin, and was looking a staying there when I return. Right on the lake, and a 15k point redemption. I am sure there are other good places to stay as well. I came in on the high speed train, from Shanghai Railway station to Hangzhou Station but left from Hangzhou East to Shanghai Honqiao as there were no other trains. It took more like an hour and a half or 1:45, IIRC. Might be faster from a different station or with fewer stops. But pretty easy, either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.