Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by novocane
The fare conditions state a $200 penalty for no-show. I'm not sure if they charge that in practice, but something to be aware of, especially if you booked with emirates directly and have a credit card on file.
I was interpreting that as an extra fee charged at rebooking for those that no showed vs giving advance notice. I'm not sure if it applies for just abandoning the ticket.

I thought it was really weird that they said people could still refund at any time (if I'm reading right) . I would think if they are honoring the fare the restrictions should apply to the ticket, thus allowing EK to keep a portion of what was paid.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Anyone had a MLE-Europe ticket reinstated yet?
Mine got re-instated. No e-mails, nothing. But I can now see them on the "Manage Bookings" on Emirates.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:14 pm

Trying to know how this is such a great fare....I would understand if you lived in MLE and did a roundtrip for 200 dollars....Otherwise the one way economy fares are like 500 or 600 dollars....Seems like you are getting a savings of 400 dollars to me...If you were planning on going there anyways then I agree it is a savings, but to make a trip on saving 400 dollars a ticket to a very expensive destination will hit your pocket hard...

Just checked dates and roundtrip JFK is like 1k.... One way is like 500-600..
Old May 25, 2017, 1:25 pm

You don't think people purchased a single ticket to go to the Maldives for a solo trip, do you? Multiply the savings by 2, 3 or 4. Now that's a savings to a dream destination.

Originally Posted by beweiss6
Trying to know how this is such a great fare....I would understand if you lived in MLE and did a roundtrip for 200 dollars....Otherwise the one way economy fares are like 500 or 600 dollars....Seems like you are getting a savings of 400 dollars to me...If you were planning on going there anyways then I agree it is a savings, but to make a trip on saving 400 dollars a ticket to a very expensive destination will hit your pocket hard...

Old May 25, 2017, 1:40 pm

I checked my dates, and a one-way MLE-JFK flight on EK is $1700 USD. I paid $124. So it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Old May 25, 2017, 1:42 pm

I understand that...But even a family of 4 is savings 1600 dollars on a 10k-20k trip...

My only thought was that if you were planning on going already then it is a great deal.

If you planning on going just because of the "deal" then you could be in for a pricey "deal" when it comes to 500 dollar sea planes.

Originally Posted by phatjoe
You don't think people purchased a single ticket to go to the Maldives for a solo trip, do you? Multiply the savings by 2, 3 or 4. Now that's a savings to a dream destination.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by phatjoe
You don't think people purchased a single ticket to go to the Maldives for a solo trip, do you?
Ummmm.. that's exactly what I did!

I'm using miles to get there, then this cheap flight on the way back.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by melissayyz
I checked my dates, and a one-way MLE-JFK flight on EK is $1700 USD. I paid $124. So it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
One ways are usually more expensive....The way to get your savings value is:

Book your return flight (any airline) add that to your 124= XXXX.XX
Then price a Emirates roundtrip on the same dates and subtract from XXXX.XX

I can't wait to see everyone's trip reports and photos!
Old May 25, 2017, 2:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well, I'm based in SIN, and personally am using these to visit Europe. I bought two round trips, and am getting a bunch of AS miles. It's not that expensive to position to MLE from SIN.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Got in on the deal one way MLE-JFK for a family of 3 for $307 (booked flex fare directly) for November. It was book first, think second type of fare. 5 years ago (wow time flies!) we loved our time at Conrad Maldives (4 nights) but the Sheraton (2 nights) was meh. Flew EK A380 in J coming home and that was fantastic. I don't know how I am going to fly 14+ hours in the back without the bar! Jennifer Aniston makes it look nice back there but I am not so sure. It used to be a lot easier and for a lot less Skywards miles to upgrade economy to business. Now it's over 70K miles. Too much. I guess I shouldn't complain at this price.

I haven't decided whether to go back to Conrad or try Park Hyatt (points hotels) but $600 x 3 = $1,800 for seaplane or domestic plane was not in our travel budget this year. Maybe we will go somewhere Southeast Asia then just fly to Male to fly back home. We will see. I have lots of time to be creative.
Old May 25, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by solewalker
Mine got re-instated. No e-mails, nothing. But I can now see them on the "Manage Bookings" on Emirates.
Just got an email from EK, and the booking is back in MMB.

And, as reported, seat selection is not possible.
Old May 25, 2017, 4:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just got a call from Emirates. They confirmed both my tickets. I was also able to select seats - I think I paid $2 extra for the Economy Flex tickets. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by solewalker
Just got a call from Emirates. They confirmed both my tickets. I was also able to select seats - I think I paid $2 extra for the Economy Flex tickets. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Mine is Eco Flex too, but this note pops up when trying to select a seat:

Important:
Preseating has been closed for this flight. You will be able to select seats using the online check-in facility 48 hours before the flight.
ETA: more than 4 months out

Last edited by jms_uk; May 25, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Re: value- another thing that adds even more to this incredible deal is my connection in DXB. 14 hours to visit during the day + get to know the city.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by ga8riel
Re: value- another thing that adds even more to this incredible deal is my connection in DXB. 14 hours to visit during the day + get to know the city.
Mine is reinstated as well. Great customer service, Emirates. �� Now I need to find a way to get there. (And if I want to go at all) I just wish I booked a several day stopover in Dubai. I purchased flex via Emirates.com and can pick seats.

---

Dear Mr & Mrs. xXXx,

On 17 May 2017, a number of tickets for Emirates flights originating in Male, Maldives were shown as available for purchase online with a wrong fare value.
This was due to an error in the uploading of fares into the online reservation system, whereby the fare was incorrectly filed in the wrong currency.

Tickets issued in error during this time were suspended, and corresponding bookings automatically canceled.

Your booking was one of those affected.

Acting in the best interest of our customers, Emirates has made the decision to honor the fare.
Therefore your booking has been reinstated. We will send you the new e-ticket receipt shortly.

If you wish to change the original booking, the original ticket will be refunded and a new ticket at the applicable fare will have to be issued.

If you have decided not to continue with your flight and have already paid for the booking, you can avail of a full refund of the fare and taxes paid.
You can live chat with us if you have any query via www.emirates.com/livechat

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, and would like to assure you that Emirates remains committed to providing our customers with excellent service and a strong value-for-money proposition.

Thank you for choosing Emirates.

Kind regards,

The Emirates Team

Last edited by FlyerJudd; May 26, 2017 at 2:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.