Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Old May 22, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by phatjoe
The complaint was regarding honoring the fee. I did not mention issues with the refund. I guess that will be a separate complaint.
Keep us posted– I'd love to know the outcome.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by phatjoe
The complaint was regarding honoring the fee. I did not mention issues with the refund. I guess that will be a separate complaint.
Originally Posted by ga8riel
Keep us posted– I'd love to know the outcome.
The more complaints DOT gets about airlines not honoring obvious mistakes, the less likely they are to ever reverse course. DOT has already status they are suspending the post purchase price increase provisions in the case of obvious mistakes. The fact error has been splattered all over the place even if it weren't an error but a great sale, it just gives DOT more excuses to not hold airlines to published fares.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:37 pm

I booked my ticket with Emirates directly. Still no notification of cancellation and no refund, so I contacted Emirates customer service today to get their side. Apparently, this is all due to a computer glitch. They were unwilling to reinstate the ticket, nor to provide a refund (referring me to the online request form, which I rejected as unacceptable). I complained about the lack of notification and asked if they will be providing me $130 cancellation fee that they would have charged me (the agent seemed not to understand my request, saying there was no cancellation fee for this case). Getting nowhere, I told them I would be disputing the charge and suggested they should do better. I got a sorry there's nothing we can do and disconnected the call. I promptly opened up a dispute for this charge with Amex. EK customer service is really bad. I'm not really expecting them to honor the ticket, but notification and a prompt refund is the minimum I am expecting. Hope the dispute penalties will teach them to improve.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just got this from Orbitz:

Here at Orbitz, we are always watching for events that may affect your travel.

We have been made aware by Emirates Airlines that they had an issue with the pricing of their tickets, which caused a number of tickets to be sold at prices significantly lower than their actual value. Due to the error, Emirates Airlines have taken the decision to cancel all affected tickets.

The airline has now begun to process all refunds back for affected tickets to the original form of payment used to make the booking, and the funds will be available to you within 7 business days.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, and should you need to rebook your trip, please visit www.Orbitz.com

I've already cancelled my tickets booked through Orbitz and rebooked them directly through Emirates. Hopefully Emirates will just cancel the directly-booked tickets without too much fuss.

It's kinda sad that Orbitz is sending out notifications while Emirates isn't.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by solewalker
Just got this from Orbitz:

Here at Orbitz, we are always watching for events that may affect your travel.

We have been made aware by Emirates Airlines that they had an issue with the pricing of their tickets, which caused a number of tickets to be sold at prices significantly lower than their actual value. Due to the error, Emirates Airlines have taken the decision to cancel all affected tickets.

The airline has now begun to process all refunds back for affected tickets to the original form of payment used to make the booking, and the funds will be available to you within 7 business days.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, and should you need to rebook your trip, please visit www.Orbitz.com

I've already cancelled my tickets booked through Orbitz and rebooked them directly through Emirates. Hopefully Emirates will just cancel the directly-booked tickets without too much fuss.

It's kinda sad that Orbitz is sending out notifications while Emirates isn't.
OTA is responsible for the ticket and for sending out any notifications so its not too surprising.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Uhm reports over at frequentmiler these tickets are being reinstated ?

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/05/18/will-emirates-honor-maldives-mistake-fare/comment-page-1/#comment-1964757
Old May 24, 2017, 10:09 pm

I booked direct and tried pulling up my reservation; still canceled.

EDIT: It's back! The last leg (on Alaska) is listed as waitlist but the two Emirates flights are listed as Confirmed. So strange.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Is this because DOT sent them a nasty gram? Mine still say no itinerary.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Mine is also in limbo. FWIW, my itineraries are actually MLE-Europe, so they probably didn't get a nasty DOT memo about those.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:24 am

Most likely they decided to reinstate the bookings made directly with them, because they never sent out a cancellation email or a refund. The tickets issued by OTAs who canceled within 24 hrs are already canceled and voided, so no chance those will be reinstated.

Lesson learned. Book error fare directly with airlines whenever possible.

Last edited by ncben; May 26, 2017 at 10:36 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Email from EK

Dear Mrp Alert,

On 17 May 2017, a number of tickets for Emirates flights originating in Male, Maldives were shown as available for purchase online with a wrong value fare. This was due to an error in the uploading of fares into the online reservation system, whereby the fare was incorrectly filed in the wrong currency. Tickets issued in error during this time were suspended, and corresponding bookings automatically cancelled.

Your booking was one of those affected.

Acting in the best interest of our customers, Emirates has made the decision to honour the fare. Therefore your booking has been reinstated. We will send you the new e-ticket receipt shortly.

If you wish to change the original booking, the original ticket will be refunded and a new ticket at the applicable fare will have to be issued.

If you have decided not to continue with your flight and have already paid for the booking, you can avail of a full refund of the fare and taxes paid. You can live chat with us if you have any query via www.emirates.com/livechat

We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused, and would like to assure you that Emirates remains committed to providing our customers with excellent service and a strong value-for-money proposition.

Thank you for choosing Emirates.

Kind regards

The Emirates Team
Old May 25, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
MRP Alert - Did you book directly on the Emirates site? Does this apply only to direct bookings and not OTA?

Edit - My itineraries were booked via OTA. One of them has come back to life in the last half an hour!!

Bob

Last edited by Bob Saccamano; May 25, 2017 at 5:58 am
Old May 25, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: AA Plat
I booked through Orbitz and my reservation has also been reinstated! What a strange turn of events.
Old May 25, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
MRP Alert - Did you book directly on the Emirates site? Does this apply only to direct bookings and not OTA?
I booked directly on the EK website.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:26 am

Got some great news as well! I booked directly with Emirates. For those that booked, it's a win/win. If we ever decide to cancel prior to the trip, they will offer us the full refund! Here is my chat log with Emirates.

Transcript:
00:00:01 J : EMIRATES.COM Error code : [Live Chat - On Load] Custom Message : [ - Emirates ]

00:00:17 Katsiaryna : Hi J

00:00:22 Katsiaryna : How can I help?

00:00:49 J : Hello. My booking was cancelled due to a mistake fare by Emirates.

00:01:22 J : Please look into this.

00:01:40 Katsiaryna : Sorry about that.

00:02:07 Katsiaryna : I'm working on it

00:02:14 J : thanks.

00:05:04 Katsiaryna : I'm working on it

00:05:30 J : sure. Thank you.

00:17:44 Katsiaryna : J, thanks for waiting

00:17:56 Katsiaryna : Can I send you tickets to your email?

00:18:14 J : yes. so will the tickets be issued?

00:18:26 Katsiaryna : I just reissued tickets

00:18:47 J : wow great! so they are for two tickets correct?

00:19:05 Katsiaryna : Sure for 2 passengers

00:20:46 Katsiaryna : I have just sent 2 tickets to your email

00:21:27 J : wow. Thank you so much!

00:21:39 J : so can you tell me what happened initially?

00:22:34 Katsiaryna : It was a technical error on the website

00:22:44 Katsiaryna : Is there anything else I can help?

00:23:52 J : ah I see... I wish I was notified because I had to make additional changes regarding my trip. If I need to cancel in the future, am I eligible for a full refund?

00:29:00 Katsiaryna : If your decide not to continue with flight and have already paid for the booking you can available of full refund of the
fare and taxes paid

00:29:36 J : That's good news. If I do decide to cancel, can I do it through this chat?

00:30:30 Katsiaryna : Yes,You can do it via the chat

00:30:44 J : thank you. you have been very helpful today. I hope you have a great day.

00:31:08 Katsiaryna : You’re most welcome. Thanks for contacting Emirates chat. Have a nice day!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.