Search

EQM & EQD run to MLE

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airline
EQM & EQD run to MLE

Hi

In order to keep my AA status, I am thinking to have mileage run from ORD to MLE. That can bring me 43040 EQM and 4603 EQD. Although it's not cheap($1848), I can this trip during weekend + Monday. So I can save my PTO for vacation.
The only problem is, there are less two hours between the arrival time and departure time. Has anyone done this trip before?
Assuming I don't have luggage.
am I able to catch the return flight??? Thanks,

Name:  ORD_MLE.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  116.6 KB
Old May 3, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Having recently been to the Maldives for vacation, it does make me slightly sad that you will be flying all that way to such a beautiful destination and not even have enough time to dip your toes in the water!
Old May 3, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by terry67
Hi

In order to keep my AA status, I am thinking to have mileage run from ORD to MLE. That can bring me 43040 EQM and 4603 EQD. Although it's not cheap($1848), I can this trip during weekend + Monday. So I can save my PTO for vacation.
The only problem is, there are less two hours between the arrival time and departure time. Has anyone done this trip before?
Assuming I don't have luggage.
am I able to catch the return flight??? Thanks,

Attachment 31886
I am suspicious of your EQM/EQD calculation. ORD-HKG-MLE-HKG-MLE is 21,540 miles. You appear to be applying a 2x factor for EQM and 20% for EQD, and there is no such EQM entry in the CX table. It looks like you're buying PE (1.5x) or maybe full-fare econ (1.0x)?
Old May 3, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Having recently been to the Maldives for vacation, it does make me slightly sad that you will be flying all that way to such a beautiful destination and not even have enough time to dip your toes in the water!
In theory he could walk out of the airport and dip his toes in the water. ;-)

OP, two hour turn should be fine. The airport is tiny and you'll be on the same plane.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I am suspicious of your EQM/EQD calculation. ORD-HKG-MLE-HKG-MLE is 21,540 miles. You appear to be applying a 2x factor for EQM and 20% for EQD, and there is no such EQM entry in the CX table. It looks like you're buying PE (1.5x) or maybe full-fare econ (1.0x)?
Yah it's PE from ORD to HKG and Business Class for HKG to MLE.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by skunker
In theory he could walk out of the airport and dip his toes in the water. ;-)

OP, two hour turn should be fine. The airport is tiny and you'll be on the same plane.
Touché. The water right by the airport is not what I would dip *my* toes in
Old May 4, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Yah it's PE from ORD to HKG and Business Class for HKG to MLE.
Whether it's PE or Business, the EQM multiplier on CX is only 1.5 not 2.0, meaning you earn 32,310 not the 43,040 you are expecting.

Or are you actually flying AA-marketed, even though your picture doesn't show that? Then your EQM would be 1.5 * 2 * 7794 + 2 * 2 * 2976 = 35,286; and your EQD would be somewhere around $1600.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Whether it's PE or Business, the EQM multiplier on CX is only 1.5 not 2.0, meaning you earn 32,310 not the 43,040 you are expecting.

Or are you actually flying AA-marketed, even though your picture doesn't show that? Then your EQM would be 1.5 * 2 * 7794 + 2 * 2 * 2976 = 35,286; and your EQD would be somewhere around $1600.
You're right. It's 32,310 and $4,603 EQD. I'm doing this exact trip in June so I can report back as to whether I make the return or not.

I'll probably be doing it again to stay for a couple of extra days, although it will be rainy season
Old May 4, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA: EXP / AS:MVP75k / Hilton: Gold / Marriott Gold
keep us updated! All my flights this year are awards so I will probably need 2 of these (70,000EQM)
Old May 4, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Ya you are right on EQM! My mistake..what a bad news
Old May 7, 2017, 6:01 pm

I'm doing the same PE/J mix from JFK-HKG-MLE in 2.5 weeks, but I'm staying at the Oblu by Atmosphere for 3 days before returning. Will report back!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

I just got back from this MR.
My flight to MLE was delayed because of weather, I thought I might not be able to catch the return flight.
Fortunately, I didn't have any luggage, so I didn't need to go through the customs and border security check. I used the connection line instead. There was a basic security check, but it didn't take too long.

Hopefully I can see points from this trip in my account soon.

ps. Food is great in Hong Kong!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I just got back from this MR.
My flight to MLE was delayed because of weather, I thought I might not be able to catch the return flight.
Fortunately, I didn't have any luggage, so I didn't need to go through the customs and border security check. I used the connection line instead. There was a basic security check, but it didn't take too long.

Hopefully I can see points from this trip in my account soon.

ps. Food is great in Hong Kong!
Me too. Trip was very easy, kind of gutted not to have had an OP/UP on the ORD-HKG legs though.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:18 pm

Hmmm... This is the trip I'll need to take twice. Saving my vacation for fall break and doing this for sure! Sitting at about 40 EQM and $2k in EQ. I need EQD far more than EQMs so making sure to fly on a Cathay Pacific rather than an AA branded flight!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Me too. Trip was very easy, kind of gutted not to have had an OP/UP on the ORD-HKG legs though.
I thought it was pretty hard to get an upgrade with AA status on CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.