Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by raccoon
I purchased on ET’s website, now my trip states Completed, when I selected “make changes” then “add seats”, I can still changed seats and ET send me the PDF conformation after the seat changes.
Same here, didn't select seats before when I purchased the tickets from ET's website, I just selected the seats and got the updated email with PDF attachment.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Just booked November for a week, this will get me over the UA 2 million miler
I haven't look too closely at this fare yet but is there any UA metal in it? If not, this won't add to your lifetime miles.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:56 pm

Another DP:

Booked on Orbitz, still shows on ET website "Completed" (maybe it refers to booking/ticketing completed?). No email cancellation notice. It WILL allow me change the return...and reprices higher of course. @Backbencher I didn't look closely at the fare rules, but post-departure changes usually use historical (original) fare -- at least that's what I'm hoping! I travel first week of May.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Another DP:

Booked on Orbitz, still shows on ET website "Completed" (maybe it refers to booking/ticketing completed?). No email cancellation notice. It WILL allow me change the return...and reprices higher of course. @Backbencher I didn't look closely at the fare rules, but post-departure changes usually use historical (original) fare -- at least that's what I'm hoping! I travel first week of May.
D fare and C fare are different.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
D fare and C fare are different.
You mean regarding re-pricing changes? I can't pull-up the fare (DEERTCC) on EF, but other ET "D" fares use historical pricing post-departure.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond, HH Diamond, QR Platinum
Another DP:

Yes, after departure, any changes "should" be repriced based on the fare applicable on the date of booking. This is also based on the assumption that those fares are valid according to the airline. From my experience for these "special" fares, I was allowed to fly on my original booking dates, but they refused to use historical fares to reprice any changes after departure. This was also on an unrestricted business class ticket.

An excerpt from my ET ticket C fare rules:

IN THE EVENT OF VOLUNTARY CHANGES AFTER
COMMENCEMENT OF TRAVEL THE FARES FOR THE
PASSENGER JOURNEY SHALL BE RECALCULATED FROM
THE POINT OF ORIGIN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE
FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF ORIGINAL
TICKET ISSUANCE.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
You mean regarding re-pricing changes? I can't pull-up the fare (DEERTCC) on EF, but other ET "D" fares use historical pricing post-departure.
D fare has a change fee, right?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
D fare has a change fee, right?
The abbreviated rules I got from Orbitz indicate a USD200 penalty for changes.

@Backbencher Good point about ET's willingness, especially if reservations are somehow flagged. And I suppose after flying the first segment, Orbitz will resist making changes...?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Probably a dumb question but assuming ET has made notes on everyones super sale fare booking/s, when checking in on another S* airline (in my case SQ as I'm using them to position on an award ticket), would the SQ (or outpost contractor) agents be able to see this information as well?

My guess is yes given both airlines use Sabre but if not, a throughcheck to Toronto should be very much do-able and alleviate the ET staff intervening for the most part.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Received my money back to my AMEX card yesterday. Lost about $30 CAD due to FX fee. On the bright side, I will fly a confirmed ticket in J with EK instead All the best to everyone!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:12 am

Another data point: I sent an email asking for seat assignment. I just said is it possible to assign me all aisle seats or do I need to call. They responded with all aisle seats in Cloud 9 (Row 2). This is for travel in November 2017
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:58 am

my booking yesterday has been showing "OK TO FLY" on trip case, but the status is now only "CONFIRMED"... the status on Ethiopian's webpage is now "completed" and payment information is removed...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:09 am

Booked via the website. No emails yet!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Originally Posted by scott95
Probably a dumb question but assuming ET has made notes on everyones super sale fare booking/s, when checking in on another S* airline (in my case SQ as I'm using them to position on an award ticket), would the SQ (or outpost contractor) agents be able to see this information as well?

My guess is yes given both airlines use Sabre but if not, a throughcheck to Toronto should be very much do-able and alleviate the ET staff intervening for the most part.
If ET has suspended your e-ticket coupons (status NOGO in their internal systems) not a single airline will be able to check you in on that ticket. ET should first change the coupon status again from Suspended to Open For Use, and probably only their BKK office (or their ADD HQ) will be able to do that.

SQ uses Amadeus Altea Check In software afaik. I highly doubt that they will check you in on a separate ET ticket.

Last edited by fbruno; Apr 5, 2017 at 2:33 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by fbruno
If ET has suspended your e-ticket coupons (status NOGO in their internal systems) not a single airline will be able to check you in on that ticket. ET should first change the coupon status again from Suspended to Open For Use, and probably only their BKK office (or their ADD HQ) will be able to do that.
Hmm, guess its a case of whether your eTicket flew under the radar. Have to wait for the next person to try travel on these tickets.

I imagine, besides contacting ET which I'm not willing to chance, you've got no hope of working out whether it's flagged as NOGO?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.