Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Do we need a transit visa at Ethiopian?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Are we sure we can cancel it without penalty? It seems the fare rule says refund is minus fee and carrier charge YR (which is almost the whole ticket). Or that's only applicable for out of seq tickets?

--------------------------------------------------
OUT OF SEQUENCE TICKETS -
UTILIZATION OF TICKETS OUT OF SEQUENCE IS NOT
PERMITTED IF IN ANY CASE TICKETS IS UTILIZED OUT
OF SEQUENCE NO REFUND OF FARE AND THE CARRIER
IMPOSED SURCHARGE -
YR/YQ.
--------------------------------------------------
A.WHEN OUTBOUND AND INBOUND FARES ARE REFUNDABLE.
WHEN COMBINING FARES THAT HAVE CANCELLATION
FEES THE HIGHEST CANCELLATION FEE OF EACH
CANCELLED PRICING UNIT APPLIES.
1.BEFORE DEPARTURE / FULLY UNUTILISED TICKETS
... DEDUCT THE APPLICABLE HIGHEST CANCELLATION
FEE FROM THE TOTAL OF THE BASE FARE AND
CARRIER IMPOSED SURCHARGE - YR.
... REFUND THE RESIDUAL AMOUNT ALONG WITH THE
REFUNDABLE GOVERNMENT TAXES.
... CARRIER IMPOSED SERVICE CHARGE - YQ IS NOT
REFUNDABLE.
2.AFTER DEPARTURE / PARTIALLY UTILISED TICKETS -
AFTER COMMENCEMENT OF THE FIRST SECTOR OF THE
JOURNEY.
..... DEDUCT ONE WAY FARE WITH EQUAL OR
HIGHER RBD FOR THE USED SECTOR.
... COLLECT APPLICABLE CANCELLATION FEE AND
THE CARRIER IMPOSED SURCHARGE - YR FOR THE
JOURNEY PERFORMED. DEDUCT NON-REFUNDABLE
TAXES.
... REFUND THE CARRIER IMPOSED SURCHARGE - YR AND
UNUTILISED GOVERNMENT TAXES FOR THE PORTION
OF THE JOURNEY NOT PERFORMED.
... NO REFUND OF FARE AND CARRIER IMPOSED
SURCHARGE - YR IF JOURNEY PERFORMED BEYOND
THE TURNAROUND/FARE BREAK POINT.
... CARRIER IMPOSED SERVICE CHARGE - YQ IS NOT
REFUNDABLE.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:17 pm

Stupid good Fare!

Just booked my first one from BKK to YYZ.

With it being fully refundable, may go back for seconds!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I booked two of these direct on ET. Since I don't need *G, would A3 or SAS be the best to credit to?

Hope this sticks, thanks for sharing OP

Last edited by SKYEG; Mar 28, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:37 pm

Is this dead? Cannot seem to find any flights.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tboons
Is this dead? Cannot seem to find any flights.
Still showing up for me. Not sure if it's still bookable though
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: EBD, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I booked two of these direct on ET. Since I don't need *G, would A3 or SAS be the best to credit to?

Hope this sticks, thanks for sharing OP
With A3 you can only make two flights on a one way award ticket. With SAS you can make 8 flights (there are rules for zones you can pass and other stuff so it's hard to fit in 8 flights).

I'm biased since I live in Sweden and have EB as my main program, but A3 is my second one and they have sweetspots in there redemption table. One way intra Asia for 21k points in Business. You can use that to fly NRT-SIN-HKG if you want as a one way.

If you don't gather 100k SAS points there aren't many good rewards you can get with SAS. Flying SAS Business Class one way is 60k, return 100k. That's probably the best value.
SAS do have some promotions from time to time, last year during the 70 year anniversary you could bock premium economy from Chicago to Scandinavia for 24k poitns for a return, that's the best one I've seen from SAS except mistake fares. SAS points are good if travelling in northern Europe as well. Domestic is 10k for return and 20k in northern Europe. It can be extremely expensive to fly to Germany (Frankfurt/Munich) some times and it's really good value to get it for 20k points or 10k when they have promotions.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Palmen
With A3 you can only make two flights on a one way award ticket. With SAS you can make 8 flights (there are rules for zones you can pass and other stuff so it's hard to fit in 8 flights).

I'm biased since I live in Sweden and have EB as my main program, but A3 is my second one and they have sweetspots in there redemption table. One way intra Asia for 21k points in Business. You can use that to fly NRT-SIN-HKG if you want as a one way.

If you don't gather 100k SAS points there aren't many good rewards you can get with SAS. Flying SAS Business Class one way is 60k, return 100k. That's probably the best value.
SAS do have some promotions from time to time, last year during the 70 year anniversary you could bock premium economy from Chicago to Scandinavia for 24k poitns for a return, that's the best one I've seen from SAS except mistake fares. SAS points are good if travelling in northern Europe as well. Domestic is 10k for return and 20k in northern Europe. It can be extremely expensive to fly to Germany (Frankfurt/Munich) some times and it's really good value to get it for 20k points or 10k when they have promotions.
Thank you for your detailed answer. What would be the best for someone based out of Canada? I would use to either book Canada-Asia/Europe one way.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:08 pm

Thanks OP
i booked two, different dates one with C+D classes combo, another with only C class. Which should I keep?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:16 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Arrgh - I'm seeing cancellation reports on Twitter. Does your PNR still show on the ET website?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: EBD, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Thank you for your detailed answer. What would be the best for someone based out of Canada? I would use to either book Canada-Asia/Europe one way.
You would be about 15k short booking a one way business from North America to Europe (require 60k points), it's 84k points for North America to Asia one way in business.
https://www.sas.se/en/eurobonus/point-tables/

Award table for Aegean can be found here
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...#star-alliance
One way is half the price listed which is good. One way bsuiness Europe-North America is 45k points but you can only book 2 flights in total.
Far East Asia to North America is 75k points one way.
You could book CGK-SIN-NRT in First with SQ and NH for 40k points one way (at least you can book SQ first on B773 with Eurobonus points, haven't tried with A3 points)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Arrgh - I'm seeing cancellation reports on Twitter. Does your PNR still show on the ET website?
Mine still shows
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:26 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Do we need a transit visa at Ethiopian?
No, ET provides free transit hotels though. Yellow Fever shot is required though in BKK. May or may not be enforced by immigration.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:28 pm
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
I can't select seats on one of my flights already...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:50 pm

YYZ->BKK?

Originally Posted by zaibii
Cloud 9 Deluxe charges $100 change fee as the agent explained to me over the phone without changing the actual fare while restricted has a higher fee
I'm a newbie here, so this might be a silly question, but would it be possible to change the YYZ->BKK leg to a date before the BKK->YYZ leg?

The fare rules have a clause regarding "out of sequence" legs, but I'm not sure whether that would apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.