40k eqm mile run

Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold
I've changed my itinerary to NYC-HKG-SYD RT all operated by Cathay. In Premium Economy I should get about 40k eqm
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shayflyer11
I've changed my itinerary to NYC-HKG-SYD RT all operated by Cathay. In Premium Economy I should get about 40k eqm
Looks like 38k. Sounds like a plan. ^
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You can still get NYC-HKG-AKL-HKG-YVR-NYC on all Cathay metal for the $2,267
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

in premium economy
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Poster

premium economy 50k award miles mileage runs. crediting to AA

Anybody know a premium economy mileage run with 50k award miles, cant cost more that 3,000
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
yes what i mean is some times I will buy my upgrade or get upgraded automatically. Or on domestic flights I will be at the top of the upgrade list or I can use 500-mile upgrades or system wide upgrades
I never realized that this could be done. could you please explain how to get a complimentary upgrade on a domestic ticket? Would really like to know how to do this.

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

So, with your Executive Platinum Status. Your upgrade will be automatically requested. Executive Platinum members go to the top of the wait list. Or you can use a systemwide upgrade waste on domestic flights
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:50 pm

I'm confused... You said you were OWE with three airlines, Finnair AA and BA, flying an average of 300K miles a year. Why would you need to do any of this? Why are you asking to do a status challenge to AA Plat???
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
So, with your Executive Platinum Status. Your upgrade will be automatically requested. Executive Platinum members go to the top of the wait list. Or you can use a systemwide upgrade waste on domestic flights
Ok, so you're AA ExPlat; I don't think that was evident before.

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
I'm confused... You said you were OWE with three airlines, Finnair AA and BA, flying an average of 300K miles a year. Why would you need to do any of this? Why are you asking to do a status challenge to AA Plat???
300k about to drop to 100k. And I don't think he said this was a challenge -- which obviously wouldn't be an option if OP is ExPlat -- but I may have missed it. Presumably this is a non-challenge attempt to achieve some level. But if OP is still doing 100k anyway, why the MRs? The only thing I can think of is a desire to distribute earnings across multiple programs.

UPDATE: Ok, I see now that OP has launched yet another thread in which he says a) it's about an MR and b) he's not ExPlat. The talk of getting "automatic upgrades" due to ExPlat was apparently all hypothetical? But the mystery of why an MR if he is still flying 100k a year remains. I give up.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Mar 7, 2017 at 5:52 pm Reason: more info seen in another thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.