Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40k eqm mile run

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shayflyer11
how? at best price rt on aa from nyc to cgk it's 575. Are there cheaper fares for mileage runs (according to your logic) @jbecket
You keep ignoring one CRITICAL fact: The only way to buy NYC-JKT RT for $575 is to fly on (mostly) JL-marketed flights. Those flights will only earn .5x EQM. And so your 20,000 mile trip only earns you 10,000 EQM.

And so, you can earn 20,000 EQM for $1200, in 2 trips.

I agree with LBJ. An all-AA-marketed JFK-SIN "2-day" RT is $800-900 if you pick the right dates. Boom, 20k EQM. That's going to be very hard to beat.

(I put "2 days" in quotes because flying time alone is a little over 48 hours. Add in all the connections, including probably several hours in SIN, and you're really gone the better part of 3 days and 2 nights.)
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
nyc-pek is another option for $600 almost daily, for 16-17k eqms, if you have a Chinese visa. You also have an okayish chance to clear SWUs here as well, if you pick the right flights and dates.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
nyc-pek is another option for $600 almost daily, for 16-17k eqms, if you have a Chinese visa. You also have an okayish chance to clear SWUs here as well, if you pick the right flights and dates.
Wow! Can you provide a link for that? Best I can find for all-AA is double that. I see $695 with all-CX, and they're even worse than JL for earning.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Since you seem to be scattershot posting about mileage runs from NYC, why not just do JFK-HKG-AKL on Cathay Pacific twice in premium economy (MUCH better than coach). Each round trip costs about $2300 to $2600. So doing two round trips and crediting to AA nets 82,560 EQM and 11,008 EQDs, all for about $5k.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moved to Mileage Run Discussion for appropriateness.

/Moderator
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Wow! Can you provide a link for that? Best I can find for all-AA is double that. I see $695 with all-CX, and they're even worse than JL for earning.
I am on mobile right now, its is from EWR unfortunately, but you will survive...put Nyc in the search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:20 pm

I am on mobile right now, its is from EWR unfortunately, but you will survive...put Nyc in the search
I did. And now I'm using EWR specifically, getting no better answers.

No rush, though.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...WR0AA3093;a=AA

It is available pretty much every day...No immediate turns though, you need a 1-2 days on the ground.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:17 pm

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...WR0AA3093;a=AA

It is available pretty much every day...No immediate turns though, you need a 1-2 days on the ground.
Ah, that explains it. I was only looking at immediate-turn possibilities. Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold
NYC-HKG-AKL

Anyone know a way i can do this run round trip premium economy on cathay pacific (partner of air new zealand). While being on a flight that has the space seat?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Are you talking about the NZ seat or CX? Does NZ credit to AA when you buy CX flight numbers?

Been looking into this exact routing as well to boost up to Platinum Pro this year.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi, So it's kind of weird. Im booking through Cathay Pacific with NZ as a partner but NZ is in Star Alliance and Cathay in Oneworld but it still works. Im going to credit the miles to my AA Acount getting 25k Award Miles and 41k EQMS in Premium Economy. WHich will cost me about 2500 rt
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hi, So it's kind of weird. Im booking through Cathay Pacific with NZ as a partner but NZ is in Star Alliance and Cathay in Oneworld but it still works. Im going to credit the miles to my AA Acount getting 25k Award Miles and 41k EQMS in Premium Economy. WHich will cost me about 2500 rt
I expect that you will earn zero AA miles for this since NZ is not a oneworld carrier.
See here -
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ay-pacific.jsp
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

I will just book the flight with cathay flying hkg to akl, gaining miles and eqms
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:15 am

I will just book the flight with cathay flying hkg to akl, gaining miles and eqms
"booking the flight with cathay" does NOT ensure you will gain miles and points.

Is your flight NZ-operated? Then no miles and points; nothing you do will change that.

Is your flight operated by a oneworld partner or affiliate (NZ is not), and is your flight Cathay-marketed (the flight number says "CX...")? Then you may earn, depending on fare class, as shown on AA's Cathay Pacific table.

Again, those are the criteria, not who you bought the ticket from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.