Wiki Posts
Search

Crazy Mileage Run?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Techno36
I too am interested in how you manage to do this. A TPAC in J runs around 3.5-4k. Two of these trips isn't enough for top tier status in one alliance, let alone two. Please do share your secrets.
I did discuss up thread how I renew *A Gold for less than $1k.

For AA EXP, I do 2-3 TPAC in economy for $500 each (Spring or Fall), upgradeable to J with SWUs at booking (or the day before via expertflyer tracking). That gives me 30-40keqms and 1.5k eqd for $1.5k. Then I do about 3 paid J TATLs on partners originating from Europe, for about $1k each (discounted I fares or other extreme deals), that gives me another 40-45k eqms and 6k eqds for ~$3k (these have to be booked strategically though). Then I do one major QR or other discounted J fare (originating in Europe or CAI) for $2k and 4-5k eqd (or two of these for half price and half eqd each). And I also do a lot of O/Q domestic fares for about $100-150 each, $200 fares to CUN/PVR/SJD, etc, almost all complimentary upgraded to First. (These also help with the eqms and are fun trips or vacations). This is my usual diet, or a combination/variation of the above. But it takes some planning, flexibility, vigilance, and knowing your schedule in advance.

Last edited by nk15; May 21, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.