Search

It can be done!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
It can be done!

To all of you dreamers out there, don't let anyone tell you that it can't be done!

So I am bored and mile-les, so I book this day trip from Chicago to Miami on AA for $100 (4cpm). Trip booked 5-6 days out, 6am departure, 7pm back to ORD, about 7 hours on the ground (about 4 pure hours to explore, no luggage of any kind). Both auto upgrades clear into First 1-2 days earlier, one in a flat bed (763), lol, with full meals, of course.

Day of the trip, set alarm clock for 4am for 6am flight (from Chicago loop, 18 miles to ORD!), lol. Woke up at 4am, coffee and down time, jump in shower at 4:25am, in Uber at 4:55 (the kicker, Uber driver gets lost for 5-7 minutes around terminal 5, lol, arrival at T3 at 5:17. Clear TSA pre I at 5:18, at gate at 5:20, 10 whole minutes before boarding!???, board first and enjoy PDB for 30 min before take off, lol....

So, don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do, that's all I am saying....
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by nk15
To all of you dreamers out there, don't let anyone tell you that it can't be done!

So I am bored and mile-les, so I book this day trip from Chicago to Miami on AA for $100 (4cpm). Trip booked 5-6 days out, 6am departure, 7pm back to ORD, about 7 hours on the ground (about 4 pure hours to explore, no luggage of any kind). Both auto upgrades clear into First 1-2 days earlier, one in a flat bed (763), lol, with full meals, of course.

Day of the trip, set alarm clock for 4am for 6am flight (from Chicago loop, 18 miles to ORD!), lol. Woke up at 4am, coffee and down time, jump in shower at 4:25am, in Uber at 4:55 (the kicker, Uber driver gets lost for 5-7 minutes around terminal 5, lol, arrival at T3 at 5:17. Clear TSA pre I at 5:18, at gate at 5:20, 10 whole minutes before boarding!???, board first and enjoy PDB for 30 min before take off, lol....

So, don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do, that's all I am saying....
Yes, and as an AA ExPlat you earned nearly 600 AA miles for your day. And are only $11,948 EQD away from re-qualifying!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:27 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by nk15

Nice ^
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 777topdog
Yes, and as an AA ExPlat you earned nearly 600 AA miles for your day. And are only $11,948 EQD away from re-qualifying!
This is a problem, I may have to put myself on a strict diet of MH/QR/BA I fares for the rest of the year...
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:26 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Don't want to burst your happiness bubble, but see my PM for the 4 BKK-KUL-PEK MH Z fare runs we just finished.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Nice ^
I do the exact same thing to LAX, even better times and cpm for EQMs, and 4-5 hours in Venice beach are not bad...These were even better last year with full RDMs...Pretty soon these may be gone though when basic economy fares arrive...Enjoy responsibly while you still can...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbAA
Don't want to burst your happiness bubble, but see my PM for the 4 BKK-KUL-PEK MH Z fare runs we just finished.
I was debating doing this during a break I had but it was between this or 8 days vacation in Thailand, and for some reason I chose the vacation, I hope I wont regret it later in the year...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Nice ^
You can actually do this for 2 people for $100 total (with the $100 chase discount) and double upgrades for both to First, done it before, now that's epic...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.