Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:44 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Has anyone been successful at getting off at ARN when returning from SA? (I mean to do ADD-ARN rather than ADD-ARN-OSL)
Not on this deal, but I have taken an ADD-CDG flight which was going on to BRU - on disembarking at CDG everyone had their BPs checked at the aircraft door to make sure that CDG was their destination. My understanding is that this is SOP for ET, and therefore I think that you will not be able to get off at ARN if you're ticketed to OSL.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just checked my booking and now I can see a big red banner that one of my flights got changed. All segments are still in business, but seat selection disappeared from OSL-ADD and ADD-OSL legs... All flights times seems to be roughly what I booked... there's a prompt to call the airline to discuss my option. Note fare rules no longer load.

Is it the first sight of ET preparing themselves to downgrade those tickets?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by megaloman
Just checked my booking and now I can see a big red banner that one of my flights got changed. All segments are still in business, but seat selection disappeared from OSL-ADD and ADD-OSL legs... All flights times seems to be roughly what I booked... there's a prompt to call the airline to discuss my option. Note fare rules no longer load.

Is it the first sight of ET preparing themselves to downgrade those tickets?
I have the same am reluctant to call.....
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I called and they said return flight now lands an hour earlier all was reconfirmed and now clear in booking
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:50 am

Had the same message. Got in touch with the airline and got a new confirmation, but I still can't select seats at OSL-ADD and ADD-OSL.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
Had the same issues, emailed ET with the seat request and was assigned seats and the ticket was validated again so the error banner disappeared as well.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Unfortunately had to cancel this awesome ticket :-( A conference I really want to attend announced their dates and it collided with my excursion to Cape Town...

Requested a cancellation and refund from London office via email, they've responded within a week confirming cancellation and refund. Refund took 3 days despite being delegated to the Oslo office.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Equipment change ADD-CPT - now B77L.

I checked my CPT itinerary for Oct on ET webpage - I have the same schedule change for OSL-ADD as you guys (but it doesn't seem to be any significant change ) and I also lost seat assignment.

I also noted that ADD-CPT r/t is no longer B787 but 777-200lr (B77L). The C seats seem to be the same so I doubt it ruings anything.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hertz PC, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum, occasionally AS, LM, BA/Avios, Bonvoy.
I booked this OSL-JNB. Also had schedule change emails: logged in to the website and no significant change so didn't call. Flew it all no problem, on line check in worked, had multiple schedule change emails which were actually type changes between ADD and JNB. What should have been A350s both ways became a B787 and a B777-200LR via a -300ER. Was quite impressed by Ethiopian on-board, service and food was better than expected, aircraft a bit tatty with lack of cabin maintenance. ADD airport was OK, hot food selection in the lounge was exemplary.
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Currently sitting in ADD cloud nine lounge on the way to SEZ on this deal from OSL. This has been one of my best grabs of the year for the obvious reason of a cheap J far that earns me 125% mileage with AC but also because this was a special flight. The Crown Prince on Norway and his lady was sharing the J cabin with us.

The whole thing was like a inauguration flight, complete with press, champagne at the gate and it was pretty cool to sit a couple rows behind a Crown Prince and his bodyguards.

Btw we had zero issues checking in so anyone that has further upcoming flights in this deal should be A-OK
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It appears that yesterday ET714 was changed to ADD-OSL-ARN and on a B77L. Consequently, today ET715 is scheduled to do ARN-OSL-ADD It happend also earlier this week (4NOV).
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by xxpert
Currently sitting in ADD cloud nine lounge on the way to SEZ on this deal from OSL. This has been one of my best grabs of the year for the obvious reason of a cheap J far that earns me 125% mileage with AC but also because this was a special flight. The Crown Prince on Norway and his lady was sharing the J cabin with us.

The whole thing was like a inauguration flight, complete with press, champagne at the gate and it was pretty cool to sit a couple rows behind a Crown Prince and his bodyguards.

Btw we had zero issues checking in so anyone that has further upcoming flights in this deal should be A-OK
Maybe the Crown Prince was also doing a run on this deal! Who knows, maybe he’s blogging somewhere about it!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:33 am

Does anyone know how I could build in a stop over in ADD for a week?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:46 am

How would one build in a stop over in ADD for a week? Multi-city booking?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:18 am

So my turn

Sat on board Dreamliner about to depart very light load to Stockholm under fifty people, FA said sixteen people booked to ADD in cloud nine so room to spread out. Champagne and orange juice served before departure, plane very clean with American 👨.✈️ pilot. No problems doing Online Check In and Norwegian Airlines plane on time from LGW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.