Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Bru - hnd 550 gbp in business class on qr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Bru - hnd 550 gbp in business class on qr

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Why is it that so many are trying to prove that this is a mistake or not a mistake fare? What does it bring or matter?
If you managed to buy the ticket, good for you. If you missed out on this, wait for the next one.

Everything in life is relative - if something is out of the ordinary or not.

Cheers!
I'm not interested in proving it an error or not, actually I'm just planning my trips ex-EU.

I was looking at that deal earlier, only to find the maximum stay in Japan fairly short, so I narrowly missed that. Now I'm really hoping for another QR deal like this.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by moreismore
I'm not interested in proving it an error or not, actually I'm just planning my trips ex-EU.

I was looking at that deal earlier, only to find the maximum stay in Japan fairly short, so I narrowly missed that. Now I'm really hoping for another QR deal like this.
Qatar offered very similar prices to a whole range of destinations at about the same time last year. They were well publicized and there was no suggestion of an error fare. There was even an additional reduction on the price of bookings that were made to specific OTAs (e.g. GTG). I have flown qatar in the past in business for what most people would think were error fares, but they turned out not to be and were available for many months. I do think QR is probably the most promotional airline I'm familiar with. BA/AA also do trans-atlantic options every 6 months at about 500-600 in J, but like anything these can't be relied on to always be there. I'm all booked up this year so I'm hoping I won't be missing out on good deals.. that said, the pound is so weak at the moment, that fares are down 20% just based on currency.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by SvenAge
The comparison with AZ is hilarious - only in their dreams. QR are fairly well respected internationally. AZ outside Italy is mostly a joke.
The only thing that slightly justifies a comparison is the timing of two similarly priced deals :P

On a different note: Did anybody already try to arrange a complimentary transit visa via the qatar website? Would be a definitive test if QR honors the tickets or not (in spite of everybody here already saying they do :P )
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Gutted I missed out on this, had a pair of flights that worked and only 2 days of holiday from work until my brother realised he had a wedding to go to!

Should have just booked for 1 as it would have been a relatively cheap way to see Japan flying business

For everyone who got flights well done and enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.