Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Bru - hnd 550 gbp in business class on qr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Bru - hnd 550 gbp in business class on qr

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
according to offical rule, this fare wont get stpc. i was told by QR agent that stpc is only offered when the 2 segments cost over 500 usd. but they just dont check if you do it at the desk..
Intriguing... which desk, the transfer one in DOH? I thought it had to be prebooked before you arrived?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by wingtip428
Intriguing... which desk, the transfer one in DOH? I thought it had to be prebooked before you arrived?
i had another discount round the world ticket. the qatar agent in hk advised me that it is better to book the stopover package when i transfer in doha as they wouldnt be able to calculate the segment value correctly. (i was on a D fare.) this is a R fare issued by Qatar (they can check the price easily) if they really enforce the rule, there is no way they would give a hotel (with meals) on this fare.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
according to offical rule, this fare wont get stpc. i was told by QR agent that stpc is only offered when the 2 segments cost over 500 usd. but they just dont check if you do it at the desk..
According to our FT wiki on QR STPC, it says a discretionary $450 minimum with YQ in.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...pc-policy.html

I think, STPC is still eligible.

Thanks for letting us know that we can still get STPC at the transit accom desk at DOH
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao
According to our FT wiki on QR STPC, it says a discretionary $450 minimum with YQ in.

I think, STPC is still eligible.

Thanks for letting us know that we can still get STPC at the transit accom desk at DOH

450 in each direction... the ticket has to be 900 + tax.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
450 in each direction... the ticket has to be 900 + tax.
I see, will try the desk then!

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao
I see, will try the desk then!

Thanks!
you are not going to get it if you book ahead, but if you try at the desk, maybe they will overlook... but this is a QR issued ticket. they should be able to look up the fare.. but you never know.

my ticket was a round the world ticket with 16 segments. i was told that the transfer desk wouldnt be able to compute the value of the 2 segments.... so i luck out with a hotel.. (very nice, btw,) nice meal, nice room for J class passenger. (i had it twice already)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by southsidesilver
Good question on making a change to the return sector , Won't the R fares price much higher though and fare difference would need to be paid ?
I think it depends if any of the segments are flown.

The fare rules state that if you change it after flying the first leg (or outbound itinerary) that they charge the fee, but use historical pricing in effect when you purchased the fare.

This usually means that if the same fare class is available on the date you are changing to, and you have begun flying, you are responsible only for the change fee. It is only if you change to a higher fare class, that they recalculate using a higher return segment value because (presumably) a more expensive fare class is available.

This is how it works with SkyTeam. Any experience from those in OneWorld/with Qatar on this? Thank you!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:10 pm

Anyone had any luck with availability through late June to mid July?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:11 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by evskimo
11 Jul - 16 Jul
AMS-HND
NRT-BRU
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Shl
11 Jul - 16 Jul
AMS-HND
NRT-BRU
anything mid/late april? 2 weeks?

I can see some going out at the low rate but the returns jump up to 3k
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Looks like late April and May are either gone or not available for leaving Japan, shame as I could have combined this with another trip
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by shl
11 jul - 16 jul
ams-hnd
nrt-bru
ams-hnd : 07/07/17
nrt-ams : 17/07/17
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Did anyone receive a request for further payment verification?

They are asking for a scan of my card statement but I am an additional card holder and so the statement is not in my name. Any ideas what I should do?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Originally Posted by evskimo
From AMS
I saw June 10th-13th available on outbound and July4th-8th for inbound
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:30 pm

Is the QR website just really bad? Do I have to go through every single option in business that shows up on the day and click through 2 more screens until pricing shows up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.