Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by nov11
I just flew DOH-LAX (flying time 16:30 ) and whilst most would disagree, the 77L (or 77W since it's the same seat) is actually a great long-haul J seat.
+1

Those seats definitely look and feel roomier. First row has even a bit more space IIRC. Flew DOH-PER last year and was sceptic about the seat (not about the price ) but loved it.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Keter
It does from Moscow for example.
Also the case for BRU-DOH-DXB. Visa discount was better than companion offer on that one.

Re the 5x miles: my husband's ticket was booked yesterday and he's already flying in 17 days so I will report back about the mileage postings.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Booked LAX-DOH-SIN-DOH-LAX with a 2-full day stop-over in DOH for the outbound at $1730. I am battling if I have to credit this to AA, BA or QR. Nevertheless, this is a great fare for my annual travel to Asia.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: AA GOLD
Originally Posted by 1KHI
LAX-DOH-SIN seems to accrue 24300 base miles r/t, 24300x1.5=36450 EQM, 24300x.2=4860 EQD, and 24300x2.2=53460 RDM (as executive platinum). Can anyone confirm?
That matches my calculation. A third of the way to EXP for 2018!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
My wife and I, both EXP, booked this. Great deal. I think we will use it to hit Sri Lanka or the Maldives.

​​​​​

[​QUOTE=olouie;27733428]Isn't Singapore flying an A350 from SFO to SIN direct? I would think that would be longer than LAX-DOH.[/QUOTE]

SQ is blocking rows and not taking cargo. The 77L is still the longest ranged passenger plane ever.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
A little Advice is Apprieciated

Hey guys,

I put 3 flights on hold last night (from the festival) and I am trying to figure out if I should book these to QR or AA. As you see with AA there is a much lower credit ratio but even with last years devaluation the AA miles seem much more valuable.

I used 3,75 for the QR miles ratio as I think I can status match my KLM Plat to Gold and then get the 3X from the Promo. According to QR CSR you need to make sure your registered (they could do it on the phone as it didn't show up in my Promo list) and still get the 4X earning if booked this week. I used 3,75 to try and make it more cautious.

I also have a F CAI -BKK flight I booked last year (when the EGP price dropped big time) and a MH flight later this year.

As I think I am close to 75K plat for AA or Gold/Plat for QR what would you guys do? I don't really benefit from either status better one then the other.

What do you guys think. I made a table, and prices are in USD (for 1 adult 1 child but I am only calculating miles for adult) I know I could get some extra miles either as family plan for QR or normal earning on AA.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by bison1847
Hey guys,

I put 3 flights on hold last night (from the festival) and I am trying to figure out if I should book these to QR or AA. As you see with AA there is a much lower credit ratio but even with last years devaluation the AA miles seem much more valuable.

I used 3,75 for the QR miles ratio as I think I can status match my KLM Plat to Gold and then get the 3X from the Promo. According to QR CSR you need to make sure your registered (they could do it on the phone as it didn't show up in my Promo list) and still get the 4X earning if booked this week. I used 3,75 to try and make it more cautious.

I also have a F CAI -BKK flight I booked last year (when the EGP price dropped big time) and a MH flight later this year.

As I think I am close to 75K plat for AA or Gold/Plat for QR what would you guys do? I don't really benefit from either status better one then the other.

What do you guys think. I made a table, and prices are in USD (for 1 adult 1 child but I am only calculating miles for adult) I know I could get some extra miles either as family plan for QR or normal earning on AA.
2 problems here that I can think of right away (but some members might spot more):
1) I don't think you can status match to QR, they are not known to be doing that, from what I've heard
2) For AA status you still need to fly a few sectors on AA-marketed flights
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by maxvor
1) I don't think you can status match to QR, they are not known to be doing that, from what I've heard
No chance indeed. Maybe if you book a large number of future flights in good revenue classes along with it. Status match is a no go.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
BRU-TYO RTN x2

1105 each in September Amex Travel Site as about the same price and double Amex Miles
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Head For Points says "Stockholm to Hong Kong – 965" in J based on two travelling.
Has anyone found anything remotely similar to HKG?

Everything I've found is several thousand more expensive (in whatever currency you like)
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by henkybaby
No chance indeed. Maybe if you book a large number of future flights in good revenue classes along with it. Status match is a no go.

That throws a small monkey wrench in the works. If they wont match me it impacts the Qatar plan it by 0,75

I thought they would based upon the statusmatcher website.

http://statusmatcher.com/company/qatar-airways

I have KLM PLAT which I hope they would match to a lower class. Keep in mind there is still potentially the 4X promo though.

The main concern I have is that if I end up with Qatar Miles are they really that worth while, when I look at their distance based chart it seems pretty crappy compared to AA, but on the other hand its almost 3X the miles.

Anyone have a valuation on QMiles?

The other option is keep my AMS leg and don't ticket the other 2 and do a the First on Emirates run to HND or ICN, which would get me around 75K Alaska miles.

My goals here are to save up for next years trips and probably would do that to Asia or Aus from AMS.

I figure a Feb mileage run might be a nice way to break up the icy Amsterdam winter.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Well, you can try but Gold is a lowly status. Nothing ventured etc. I figured you wanted a match to a comparable tier.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by maxvor
2 problems here that I can think of right away (but some members might spot more):
2) For AA status you still need to fly a few sectors on AA-marketed flights
This is no longer the case. The EQD requirement replaced the 4 segments on AA marketed flights for 2017.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by bison1847
That throws a small monkey wrench in the works. If they wont match me it impacts the Qatar plan it by 0,75

I thought they would based upon the statusmatcher website.

http://statusmatcher.com/company/qatar-airways

I have KLM PLAT which I hope they would match to a lower class. Keep in mind there is still potentially the 4X promo though.

The main concern I have is that if I end up with Qatar Miles are they really that worth while, when I look at their distance based chart it seems pretty crappy compared to AA, but on the other hand its almost 3X the miles.

Anyone have a valuation on QMiles?

The other option is keep my AMS leg and don't ticket the other 2 and do a the First on Emirates run to HND or ICN, which would get me around 75K Alaska miles.

My goals here are to save up for next years trips and probably would do that to Asia or Aus from AMS.

I figure a Feb mileage run might be a nice way to break up the icy Amsterdam winter.
You could credit them all to AA and then status match on AS. Or is your goal more to get RDM for next year's trip, in which case the AS status match would not be very helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:51 am

Are Open Jaws allowed? I'm looking at OSL/ARN to AKL, and then SYD to OSL/ARN but the price goes up quite a lot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.