Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 AA EQD Run

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by aktchi
Right now, which partnecr(s) look best to you for earning EQDs in coach? In premium cabin?
It's really just a matter of checking the charts for individual airlines for the rare deals. The prior poster is right, I won't lay it all out here at this point, but feel free to PM me if you have questions & I'll try to help
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
EQD work arounds

I agree that we should not "Kill the Goose with the Golden Egg" by posting high EQD MR's with OW carriers. PM's would probably be better. ^ Just sayin"
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I've got a good one from ORD or EWR if anyone is interested.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:01 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I agree. If you have a good fare deal, PM is better. Sadly, the bloggers will ruin it.

I've looked at ex CMB fares with a certain OW airline. The fares are still good but they have added a lot more restrictions to those fares (i.e no stopovers allowed).
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I was actually surprised that with a bit of creativity is still seems possible to (re-)qualify for EXP with around $5k in actual spend. And none of it in Y to boot.

Last edited by bhomburg; Dec 22, 2016 at 12:52 pm Reason: deleted examples to not "Kill the Goose with the Golden Egg". PM for details..
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by bhomburg
I was actually surprised that with a bit of creativity is still seems possible to (re-)qualify for EXP with around $5k in actual spend. And none of it in Y to boot.
It is technically possible, though honestly I don't think it should be a huge concern for the airline generally given that part of it is from the credit card deal they're pushing themselves, and the rest involves some pretty creative flying, many times having to start very remotely, so I don't think it will be widespread.

I am looking forward to my flights quite a bit, but I seriously doubt there will be crowds of people willing to position to SE Asia/India, then try to transit CAI in 2 hrs....
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
You guys are absolutely right. At 4AM my brain must have slowed down. SO, till such a moment when blogs ruin a particular piece of info, it should be treated as a precious commodity. PMs only.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
It is technically possible, though honestly I don't think it should be a huge concern for the airline generally given that part of it is from the credit card deal they're pushing themselves, and the rest involves some pretty creative flying, many times having to start very remotely, so I don't think it will be widespread.

I am looking forward to my flights quite a bit, but I seriously doubt there will be crowds of people willing to position to SE Asia/India, then try to transit CAI in 2 hrs....
I`m based in Europe and can easily achieve this flying to Asia and Oceania on AA partners in discount PE and discount J without any 'creative flying' involved apart from the occasional detour via AKL to rack up more miles and calling in to upfare itineraries from "I" to "D" for double the EQD with a minimal fare difference.
Also, some clever juggling of partners on DONEx tickets (hint: check which airline earns 40% EQD on D fares...) can provide really high EQD value, making these tickets even more attractive than they have been in the past.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:19 pm
E55

Better to just share. Bloggers or not. Sharing info is better value for the community than being paranoid.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Strongly Agree.
The percentage earn tables are all public knowledge, so all that is being communicated is an attractive (most likely premium) fare on a specific airline.
In contrast to RDM, EQM and EQD are purely nominal and have no cost or accounting liability to the airline, other than marking progress to eventual status. Based on the number of status challenges and like promotions currently, AA seems to be encouraging status, rather than being concerned about too many elites. So there may be little incentive for AA to react strongly.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: AA - PLT, QR - Gold
Moderator - please stop this thread!!!

The stupid stupid stupid community here is trying again to kill a little space that is left from AA.

Every frequent flyer is hopefully intelligent enough to calculate for himself good possibilities for EQD.

I am beginning to hate FT more and more because the forum does not help living a good flyer life but destroying it!!!
Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:20 am

US [SFO/JFK/ORD/etc.] to AKL via CX PE will net you $5K+ PQD for about $1900.

Possible to fly the 359 if you don't mind a long layover in HKG. Dates wide open...

SFO: $5032 PQD
ORD: $5380 PQD
JFK: $5492 PQD
Old Dec 26, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
My strategy for AA EQD is:

1. Purchase US-Europe Business Class ticket w/Citi Thank you points before the June devaluation.
What is the June devaluation with respect to this?
I know AC access goes away.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
now we are after EQD :-)

if some partner business class fare pops up to the destination I want to go for 5cpm then only I will be thinking of mileage running else it hardly makes sense to go out of the way to throw money on mileage runs with all the positioning costs and effort

I am not convinced that status is worth if you are are required to fly J to keep it anyways...convince me pls
Old Dec 26, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Yes a case can be made that if you fly J/F, you really won't need status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.