Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]CX [Prem Economy]: SFO/LAX/JFK - PEK/BKK/etc. $1335-$1618 (5.2 - 5.9 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]CX [Prem Economy]: SFO/LAX/JFK - PEK/BKK/etc. $1335-$1618 (5.2 - 5.9 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747
Don't forget that CX usually allow free HKG stopover (I did check on PE fare rule few days ago) or potentially BKK stopover if anyone head to SIN, thanks to 5th freedom flight between BKK-SIN.
Just wanted to say thanks: Wasn't aware of the free stopover or the concept of fifth freedom flights.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I've never flown Y+ on CX. Usually J paid or F on miles. Do you guys sleep ok in Y+?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA GOLD
Originally Posted by krazieman
I've never flown Y+ on CX. Usually J paid or F on miles. Do you guys sleep ok in Y+?
The PE seat is basically what you'd get on a standard domestic first seat on a US airline. So there's a good bit of recline and plenty of elbow and shoulder space, but it's far from a lie-flat. I can sleep reasonably well on these flights (especially if I have a window to lean against), but others might not be so lucky.

Though if you given the option, I'd rather have three seats in economy to sleep on.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:32 pm

Yeah, I've slept pretty well in Y when there are two other empty seats near me.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:13 pm

I sleep ok in Y+ as long as the heat isnt blasting.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Just booked SFO-PEK//NRT-SFO on PE.

I have booked PE in CX ex SFO-HKG 4 times last year, and I'm yet to experience the PE product! I've always received an op-upgrade to biz. If you have Emerald status on OW your chances of getting upgraded are quite significant - especially on the one midnight flight ex-SFO which is almost always full in Y and the same case with the midnight return flight from HKG.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by kaushik123
Just booked SFO-PEK//NRT-SFO on PE.

I have booked PE in CX ex SFO-HKG 4 times last year, and I'm yet to experience the PE product! I've always received an op-upgrade to biz. If you have Emerald status on OW your chances of getting upgraded are quite significant - especially on the one midnight flight ex-SFO which is almost always full in Y and the same case with the midnight return flight from HKG.
interesting. Mr. AtomicLush has never gotten an op-up to biz on CX and he is OW Emerald (but ex-ORD) despite numerous oversell situations. You must have good karma!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA-EXP,MAR-LTP;WoH-E;HH-G
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
interesting. Mr. AtomicLush has never gotten an op-up to biz on CX and he is OW Emerald (but ex-ORD) despite numerous oversell situations. You must have good karma!
I just flew a CX P/E flight JFK->HKG->BKK and back last week - I got op-ups on 3 of the 4 segments - only flew P/E on the HKG->BKK flight. I'm an AA EXP.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by klrsmith
I just flew a CX P/E flight JFK->HKG->BKK and back last week - I got op-ups on 3 of the 4 segments - only flew P/E on the HKG->BKK flight. I'm an AA EXP.
Interesting. I was looking at booking one or two of these but the lack of ability to upgrade using asia miles was a killer... but if there really is such a good chance at opup I may take the plunge..
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:57 pm

I just booked the YYZ-DFW-PVG-DFW-YYZ for $1919 through the AA Canada website.
It gets you 34,000 eqms, not as much eqd but you get to be in the 787 lay-flats.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:40 pm

It gets you 34,000 eqms, not as much eqd but you get to be in the 787 lay-flats.
Lay Flats? Only if you get upgraded right?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
That is a great J fare.

Seems to be available for Thurs departures mostly?

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...YZ0AA2584;sc=b

EDIT: It's C$200 cheaper to PEK, so an even better deal.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
That is a great J fare.

Seems to be available for Thurs departures mostly?

EDIT: It's C$200 cheaper to PEK, so an even better deal.
The PVG flight gets you slightly more EQMs. It's easier for me to fly from PVG to other places in Asia than PEK.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
The PVG flight gets you slightly more EQMs. It's easier for me to fly from PVG to other places in Asia than PEK.
Agreed. If I were looking to go somewhere, I'd probably choose PVG over PEK, but for mileage purposes, PEK is a better in terms of cpm than PVG.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:10 pm

Someone mentioned that to earn EQDs based on distance flown and fare class, ticket must be purchased directly from partner airline.... Is this true? What if I purchase CX ticket on Expedia - no EQDs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.