Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by flyertalkpjosh
Hi all,

I have a similar dilemma/ blessing?

My booking was changed extensively by AZ. So finally, called AZ to cancel it last month.

After cancelling, it seems that the Etihad flight still remains. Well at least Etihad and Expedia keeps sending me reminders - to add my miles, to book their hotels etc. The other associated flights (on AZ and TP are all cancelled)

I logged on to both Etihad and Expedia, and itin still shows up.

I called Etihad global call centre, and asked to confirm the flight. The customer officer says the flight is confirmed and asked if i want to add my miles and my limo chauffeur for the trip to the airport. (it feels so cool).

So what else should I do - is it really confirmed (even by Etihad call centre) or it is just false flight?

The flight is in October, but as it is a one way flight, i need to book other positioning flights and accommodation.

Appreciate your kindest advice!
Same situation here, albeit that the EK flights have passed already. Tried checking in online just for fun (and to check if it worked, couldn't have flown them anyway since I booked the QR sake fare for the same dates). System gave me an error that no seats were available and that airport staff should check me in.

Combined with the fact that the EK reservations are probably not backed by ticket coupons I certainly would not invest money in positioning flights. If it would be departing from your home country you could ofc always take a last-minute holiday :P
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It beggars belief that people who have received refunds still think that they may be able to travel on some segments.

You may still have reservations, though the unorthodox nature of the recovery of these tickets means that it should be apparent that you don't actually have a valid e-ticket. These systems are only designed for straightforward cases. None of you have valid e-tickets. That phantom flights may appear to live on is not to be taken as evidence of being able to travel on these tickets.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
So....eventually Ebookers have issued my ticket (booked on Saturday - as I described in a previous post). I am very happy!

Instead of AF FLR-CDG-JFK, they have rebooked my outbound on 001 stock (?!) on AF FLR-CDG then CDG-JFK on AA. Then return instead of IB JFK-MAD-DUS, they have booked me on JFK-LHR-DUS on AA code (BA op)/BA (and on BA747 which is my preferred choice from JFK to get straight to sleep on the UD).

Happy camper overall! ^^ (I can do with the Avios).
And now at FLR, with boarding pass in hand, I can enjoy my ultra-cheap journey courtesy of AZ

The only change from above is that BA, unfortunately, swapped out the B747 (losing my favourite seat in the process) to a rather more pedestrian B777, but at least I get a J seat back over the Atlantic.

My other booking on this fare (FLR-CDG-LAX-HKG-LHR-DUS) wasn't as lucky
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
And now at FLR, with boarding pass in hand, I can enjoy my ultra-cheap journey courtesy of AZ

The only change from above is that BA, unfortunately, swapped out the B747 (losing my favourite seat in the process) to a rather more pedestrian B777, but at least I get a J seat back over the Atlantic.

My other booking on this fare (FLR-CDG-LAX-HKG-LHR-DUS) wasn't as lucky
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to my departure date which is getting closer and closer. Interestingly, my rebooking, courtesy of the OTA I used, was very similar to yours
rossmacd likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to my departure date which is getting closer and closer. Interestingly, my rebooking, courtesy of the OTA I used, was very similar to yours
What was the OTA you used?

Why are UK travel agencies honoring this and others not?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by keitherson
They slipped through the cracks... no conspiracy here.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Fantastic - fingers crossed everything goes well ^
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:53 am

I did not use a specific UK travel agency. They made the decision to honour the ticket and re-plate it to 001 essentially before AZ decided what they were going to do with these bookings (the delta in price was 'covered' by the OTA). I guess some of us were very lucky - certainly as I sit in (a very wet!) Manhattan I know I was lucky.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold

I booked through an UK travel agency and mine was not honored. In fact I received refund in euros, which was lower than what I paid. I emailed them but nothing happened
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by tobitronics
Same situation here, albeit that the EK flights have passed already. Tried checking in online just for fun (and to check if it worked, couldn't have flown them anyway since I booked the QR sake fare for the same dates). System gave me an error that no seats were available and that airport staff should check me in.

Combined with the fact that the EK reservations are probably not backed by ticket coupons I certainly would not invest money in positioning flights. If it would be departing from your home country you could ofc always take a last-minute holiday :P
NH flight still showing... I want it to be real but also don't want to risk investing in positioning flight
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
How did you guys get so lucky my reservation is totally axed
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Completed my trip of KL 074 stock with KL/AZ coded flights operated by KL/CI/AB. None of the flights were operated by AZ. KL even let me change return date after I finished my outbound flights. The CI A350 flight was real nice.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:52 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by ycc777
Completed my trip of KL 074 stock with KL/AZ coded flights operated by KL/CI/AB. None of the flights were operated by AZ. KL even let me change return date after I finished my outbound flights. The CI A350 flight was real nice.
Nice!

Good to hear you liked the CI 350. I flew them in J on a 340 and it was awful
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by helvetic
Nice!

Good to hear you liked the CI 350. I flew them in J on a 340 and it was awful
Yes, their new J flat bed products are only available on 777 and 350, very beautiful design.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Completed my 074 stock ticket. AF and SQ. Miles posted. Pretty impressed with AF and if it wasn't for this, AF would still belong to my no fly list because I had the impression that the on board product was poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.