Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:49 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by view
Where do you call to get an English speaking rep? Would also help with English menu.
I've called Alitalia's Irish number. It got redirected to an English-speaking agent in Italy since AZ has no business here.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by jeroen100
Expedia cancelled ticket on my request in december. Called Alitalia NL last week and they said all was okay with the cancellation and to wait patiently for refund.

Called them again today, got different rep. He said a refund record had to be created and he made one. Got the receipt though email. According to him the return charge on my MC should be there quite soon.
Thanks. I'll try this. Expedia's Indian CC just said I had to wait 2-12 weeks, ie 0-8 weeks more...
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:03 am
Suspended

Well after waiting 30 days without a refund, I called my bank this morning to intitiate a chargeback and they have already credited the amount on my credit card. They will deal with Alitalia themselves.

I will never fly with Alitalia after this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 18, 2017 at 9:45 am Reason: Rule 16 violation
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: *A Gold
Anyone managed to get refund back through Vayama? If yes, whats the process?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by luftair
non 55 stock called with offer - declined, they said you are good to go then, but OTA does not want to reinstate the original route
Which airline stock is it? What did they offer? Appreciate more details.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS GOLD MVP 75k, DL SILVER, PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM
Anyone Flown Last 2 Weeks?

At this point, has anyone traveled on non-055 ticket stock within last 2 weeks? Just wondering what are the chances...
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:54 pm

Chase Signature card, I initiated a chargeback after getting tired of being bounced around Alitalia and Orbitz. Gave them the sequence of events and was told they would investigate. Received the chargeback in 1 business day. I believe Orbitz / Alitalia have 2-3 weeks to respond...

Will see what will happen.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Thanks. I'll try this. Expedia's Indian CC just said I had to wait 2-12 weeks, ie 0-8 weeks more...
after talking with Alitalia the second time, money was refunded within 48 hrs. So ask for a refund receipt (or in Italian : la ricevuta di rimborso del biglietto) and you should have your money back at last..
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I called Alitalia again yesterday, my third time, asking them when the official statement would be published.

The agent's answers, some I found really funny.

1. Sir, where do you book your ticket? Oh, an OTA. Then you should call them to secure your trips. What did they say? They don't have the permissions to do that? Oh, sir, they are wrong, they should do their duty to secure your trips...

2. Sir, if you ask what our measures are, all I could tell is that AZ is doing something now, but as an agent at an outstation, I really don't know the details. For now, you either fly the FLR-FCO-DUS at that price, or you ask for a refund and we would agree.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:37 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
45min on the phone got both of my 055 tickets sent to refunds. Got confirmation emails from AZ regarding the refund; but the agent did say it may take months. If I don't have a credit back in 14 days I'm going to chargeback.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Henrik C
Has anyone been able to get Alitalia to refund losses due to currency exchange rates? Ticket booked through eBookers, refund directly from Alitalia (plus booking fee from eBookers). I tried calling Alitalia to refund my losses due to exchange rates, but they wouldn't budge. Any point in trying to solve this with eBookers?

Not losing sleep over this, it's 25 GBP - but still a minor annoyance.
If you chose to pay in a currency other than your own, that was your choice.

You could have paid for this ticket in any currency you wished.

Also: to whom would you give the refund, if exchange rates moved in a manner such that you received a larger refund than the amount originally paid out?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobitronics
Anyone here who managed to get a refund from Expedia Netherlands/Alitalia Netherlands?
Yes, as reported at the time.

Alitalia NL refunded almost instantly.

(The refund appears on my credit card statement as from Alitalia Bulgaria, on a ticket departing from Lelystad!!)
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Culture Guru
A few months ago BA/IB had AMS/CDG to USA for around 700-750eur.
I did 4 of those (but from OSL) last year for €450-€550 each!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by RTW1
So not honoring an error fare now is a sign of operation safety..... what nonsense.
In my case, I'm fine if they cut my booking, to be frankly. But, just please do it in the right manner - tell us why, and how they want to settle, other than blaming the travellers in some cases, blaming the OTAs and its own IT systems in other cases, all under the table.

And for the definition of "error fare," I myself am really confused, since QR could market their BRU/AMS - HND at 640 EUR rt, so do many other carriers do at various occasions. How could you scientifically define an unwilling error in publishing fare basis and a structured promotional fare? And if you could give a crystal clear definition, then, please tell me why would a carrier do a proper bargain promotion at that price, and at the same time, define those same price tix as "error fares"?

This whole AZ mess has been sneaky and ugly. I don't think most travellers would want AZ's honour, but, as in my case, I want AZ to offer a reasonable and sincere attitude to settle it.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by moreismore
And for the definition of "error fare," I myself am really confused, since QR could market their BRU/AMS - HND at 640 EUR
Both error fares as you clearly know, and so do the blogs where you find them.
Just some are honored and some are not. You decided to book so you take your chances, no need for further theatrics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.