Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 18, 17, 11:12 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770 / J
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: irishguy28
Wiki Link
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 17, 6:52 am   #3781
  
Join Date: Sep 2008
Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfs24 View Post
Think you're calling the wrong fella. Your bank/card issuer is the one you should be calling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebranz View Post
On a charge back the CC company seems to equal it out. On a credit from vendor, you are credited at then FX rate.
Bingo. The Alitalia refund turned up as a credit voucher on my CC statement - and the FX rate was "off" compared to what I was originally charged. Granted, Alitalia charged me some 670 GBP and credited the exact same amount, so from their side I suppose everything looked normal.

Anyways, disputed the transaction online and explained the FX situation, got word yesterday that they've sided with me and refunded my FX loss - so it's all good now.
Henrik C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 9:02 am   #3782
  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 37
Had my last intact (055) ticket mangled this morning.

Was DUS-LHR-SFO-CDG-FLR (BA/BA/AF/AF) flying in May.
gnomeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 11:14 am   #3783
  
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LHR
Programs: SK *S
Posts: 119
One month on and no refunds yet from Expedia.it or ebookers UK - disputes lodged with Amex and Lloyds for my bokings, I'm not paying up for Alitalia's interest-free loan.
Chokkoubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 11:51 am   #3784
  
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
DUS-AMS-SFO, LAX-CDG-FLR on 055 stock and KLM/AF metal in July/October finally caught this morning, four weeks to the day it was issued. Would've been nice to fly it!
lastlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:39 pm   #3785
  
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreismore View Post
No, not really.

Actually I don't understand how could you fly one way from DUS to SGN in the first place.
Get a CX award ticket DUS-HKG-SGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreismore View Post

3, Called ANA if the PVG-HND-HKG segments were fine.
The agent said yes, they were there, with seats assigned. I asked for a double check. She spent some time did that, and told me the segments were strange - with booking requests, but without a valid e-ticket number. That said, a valid segment needs both a booking request, and a workable e-ticket number, Alitalia had already ruined/fully rerouted those 055 stock tickets with some debris yet to be cleared up.

Waiting for Alitalia's official statement. Not even a slightest sign to show up.
So, in the end did ANA say that PVG-HND-HKG segments were valid or not?
DavidBRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:44 pm   #3786
  
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 9,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlad View Post
DUS-AMS-SFO, LAX-CDG-FLR on 055 stock and KLM/AF metal in July/October finally caught this morning, four weeks to the day it was issued. Would've been nice to fly it!
I wonder if there is a time limit when AZ can still amend it? It is reasonable for AZ to catch this error and amend routing within, say two weeks, it is pretty egregious for AZ to come back and amend routing after six months.
TerryK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 5:22 pm   #3787
  
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SHA/PVG
Programs: BA / MU
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN View Post
Get a CX award ticket DUS-HKG-SGN



So, in the end did ANA say that PVG-HND-HKG segments were valid or not?
No, it's not since the e-ticket number is invalid.
moreismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 8:27 pm   #3788
  
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MOW, RU
Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; AB Silver
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik C View Post
Has anyone been able to get Alitalia to refund losses due to currency exchange rates? Ticket booked through eBookers, refund directly from Alitalia (plus booking fee from eBookers). I tried calling Alitalia to refund my losses due to exchange rates, but they wouldn't budge. Any point in trying to solve this with eBookers?

Not losing sleep over this, it's 25 GBP - but still a minor annoyance.
If travel is to US or with a stopover in US - make a DOT claim. AZ has to refund your losses.
Keter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 17, 3:20 pm   #3789
  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: The Hague, NL
Programs: FB Gold - STE+, BAEC Silver - OW Sapphire
Posts: 107
Anyone here who managed to get a refund from Expedia Netherlands/Alitalia Netherlands?

I keep calling them every few days or so (been waiting ca. 30 days now), expedia always puts me through to Alitalia and the Alitalia agent keeps saying "it will come, don't worry it takes some time". No reference numbers, no confirmations apart from an email from Expedia where AZ segments were completely removed (EK still stands in Expedia and on their own website), nothing. Payed using Ideal on Expedia so that removes the option of a CC/Paypal dispute.

Was wondering if a fellow dutchie has similar experiences :+
tobitronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 17, 7:15 pm   #3790
  
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: United States
Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Posts: 46
Update

Two weeks after AZ agent told me they initiated a refund but could neither provide written confirmation nor estimate how long it'd take, I filed a dispute (small American credit union, MasterCard Debit). They said it'll be another two weeks until I get a provisional credit and the time it takes to resolve the dispute can vary widely depending on how cooperative the counterparty is (Opodo DE in my case--looks look like the charge came from them, not from AZ). Fingers crossed.
davidvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 17, 8:01 pm   #3791
  
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Platinum
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidvc View Post
Two weeks after AZ agent told me they initiated a refund but could neither provide written confirmation nor estimate how long it'd take, I filed a dispute (small American credit union, MasterCard Debit). They said it'll be another two weeks until I get a provisional credit and the time it takes to resolve the dispute can vary widely depending on how cooperative the counterparty is (Opodo DE in my case--looks look like the charge came from them, not from AZ). Fingers crossed.
i waited about 3 weeks without refund, finally decided without written confirmation of said refund ($706) that I would call my Barclay Arrival Plus MasterCard to complain. They immediately credited me the funds including finance charges which showed to my account the very next day and haven't heard anything since.

Alitalia is an extremely shady company to deal with and I hope to never have to deal with them again.

good luck everybody 👍
Mauibaby2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 17, 11:36 pm   #3792
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobitronics View Post
Anyone here who managed to get a refund from Expedia Netherlands/Alitalia Netherlands?

I keep calling them every few days or so (been waiting ca. 30 days now), expedia always puts me through to Alitalia and the Alitalia agent keeps saying "it will come, don't worry it takes some time". No reference numbers, no confirmations apart from an email from Expedia where AZ segments were completely removed (EK still stands in Expedia and on their own website), nothing. Payed using Ideal on Expedia so that removes the option of a CC/Paypal dispute.

Was wondering if a fellow dutchie has similar experiences :+
Yes, same here, although I paid with a credit card. Alitalia keeps saying all is fine with the cancellation and to have patience (up to 12 weeks)!
jeroen100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 17, 3:11 am   #3793
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Sep 2003
Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 10,747
Got to say if I have learnt one thing out of this is to always pay with Amex.
onlysuites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 17, 3:18 am   #3794
  
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South East England
Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
Got to say if I have learnt one thing out of this is to always pay with Amex.
I did pay with Amex but the Llloyds one. Although they are investigating it, it's not the same as the pure Amex so yes, lesson learned here
xhemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 17, 5:28 am   #3795
  
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroen100 View Post
Yes, same here, although I paid with a credit card. Alitalia keeps saying all is fine with the cancellation and to have patience (up to 12 weeks)!
Get the KLM Amex card... that's what I used. I have written confirmation, but they haven't issued the credit yet, going on 3 weeks since written confirmation of a refund. Called Amex, sent letter over and was credited immediately.
HeidiInTheAlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top