Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I just received an email from Korean Air, reconfirming my cancelled flight to/from ICN and updating me on a schedule change. How thoughtful. I can't find my reservation on their website though.

No, I don't plan on flying it.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Lack
I already did, not my fault you refuse to see it. And if you really do need a courts seal on a piece of paper, please google 2YN75483 and enjoy the read.
Besides the (debatable) question if Mr Passenger has or ought to have known that the offer was a mistake, I think the interesting part here is that AZ (contrary to LH in the court ruling) has not cancelled + refunded the tickets nor actively communicated. If they deem a contract between them and a passenger to be void for an error, they should have cancelled the tickets, given the money back proactively and communicated all this to their customers.
If somebody decides to drag them to court over this (and I guess thats what a number of people will be doing, especially those who do not read any of this and still hold "butchered" tickets), I think we will see some interesting results.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:39 pm

Some where in this thread there was mention of a website or service that monitors your reservations and let's you know of any changes. What was that again? Thank yoU!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Some where in this thread there was mention of a website or service that monitors your reservations and let's you know of any changes. What was that again? Thank yoU!
http://www.myflightsapp.com/
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Thank you!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Hi Guys,

Is anyone who requested a refund from Alitalia still waiting for the refund? Been waiting for 2 weeks now.. I know they say it can take up to 8 weeks but it seems like most people have gotten theirs quicker.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Hi Guys,

Is anyone who requested a refund from Alitalia still waiting for the refund? Been waiting for 2 weeks now.. I know they say it can take up to 8 weeks but it seems like most people have gotten theirs quicker.
Im still waiting. They processed the refund on December 15th.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
I was told by Expedia to wait for the result while they were discussing the matter with Alitalia. Later I received an e-mail to contact Alitalia directly for a full refund. As I am on holidays, I didn't do that, but I got refunded in full by Alitalia (minus currency exchange fees imposed by my bank). This was on 20th of December. My inbound flights by Alitalia were cancelled earlier, leaving the outbound intact. However yesterday I received an email from Korean Air informing me about changes in my schedule (of the refunded trip) and it turns out I got confirmed flights (both inbound and outbound, with new PNR) with changed route and changed airlines for inbound flights (all in Business). No idea why and what's going on.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Estratos
I was told by Expedia to wait for the result while they were discussing the matter with Alitalia. Later I received an e-mail to contact Alitalia directly for a full refund. As I am on holidays, I didn't do that, but I got refunded in full by Alitalia (minus currency exchange fees imposed by my bank). This was on 20th of December. My inbound flights by Alitalia were cancelled earlier, leaving the outbound intact. However yesterday I received an email from Korean Air informing me about changes in my schedule (of the refunded trip) and it turns out I got confirmed flights (both inbound and outbound, with new PNR) with changed route and changed airlines for inbound flights (all in Business). No idea why and what's going on.
However, do you have a new eticket, and if yet, which ticket stock?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Estratos
My inbound flights by Alitalia were cancelled earlier, leaving the outbound intact. However yesterday I received an email from Korean Air informing me about changes in my schedule (of the refunded trip) and it turns out I got confirmed flights (both inbound and outbound, with new PNR) with changed route and changed airlines for inbound flights (all in Business). No idea why and what's going on.
You really don't have any intact flights.

The way these tickets were altered was unorthodox, and it appears via various channels - including via KE's internal systems (see earlier similar reports of KE confirmations of schedule changes to cancelled tickets) - that some sectors are still "intact".

However, there is no e-ticket to "support" these sectors, so if you actually tried to check-in for these sectors, it would be impossible.

Unless, that is, you can determine that there *is* a new e-ticket number, generated by Alitalia and not communicated by them, for which these sectors remain confirmed.

But trust me - Alitalia have ensured that there is no such e-ticket.

You may find the new e-ticket number reported on the credit card account statement, and if you look it up on Saudia's website, you will see that these KE flights were not part of the ticket. And if you look up the "original" e-ticket number via the same manner, you will see that the original ticket has had its coupons exchanged/refunded - so there actually is no e-ticket number to support these phantom KE sectors.

Anyone who has received money back on any of these tickets will NOT be flying any part of those tickets, even if they can see some sectors still apparently being "intact" after the refund on any website or via any other means.

Anyone who has not received or requested a refund, will not be able to fly anything other than the DUS-FCO-FLR or FLR-FCO-DUS ticket that they have substituted in for the original, regardless of whether they can see some or all of the sectors of the original booking as apparently being "intact" via any means other than directly on the www.alitalia.com website.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent summary, irishguy28.^:-:
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly... let's put the myth to rest.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Anyone who has not received or requested a refund, will not be able to fly anything other than the DUS-FCO-FLR or FLR-FCO-DUS ticket that they have substituted in for the original, regardless of whether they can see some or all of the sectors of the original booking as apparently being "intact" via any means other than directly on the www.alitalia.com website.
So the entire itinarary being intact on AZ website means it is good to go?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Interesting development on my remaining itinerary

I got a message from Expedia letting me know about a schedule change, so I thought AZ had eventually axed my ticket.
Well I was wrong. On the return trip back to DUS the last leg from FCO had been replaced by a much later one meaning a 9 hours lay over at FCO.
I called Expedia asking for a much shorter connection. Expedia told me they would get in touch with the airline (074 stock) to see what they could offer.
A couple of hours later I received a mail from Expedia offering an itinerary going through CDG instead of FCO using AF instead of AZ of course, with a great connection to DUS.
Sorry if I do not give more details about the itinerary, but I am still somewhat paranoid about AZ reading this.

In any case it is proof the ticket is still valid and good to go.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Best travel app for monitoring airline bookings IMHO.

Originally Posted by RTW1
Exactly... let's put the myth to rest.
Until the next person comes along and asks this question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.