Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] GARUDA Black Friday ex LHR in F & J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] GARUDA Black Friday ex LHR in F & J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Frankly, I am just tempted to grab it and run and not worry too much about stopovers this time. The deal is too good to miss!

Still a bit unclear about the booking subclass and the implications for Flying Blue.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:02 am

Here is a question. Where should the miles go? I am not a ST flier, mostly OW where I maintain sapphire (mid-tier). The only account I have in the ST alliance is an old AZ account which has no miles in it. I have a virgin account back from the days I use to fly LHR->LAX on virgin, but that is not ST account so I can't put the miles there. Flying blue comes to mind or perhaps Delta? in the *A world I drop all my orphan *A flights into my A3 account, but I don't have a meaningful ST mileage account at all...
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:17 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Booked my annual trip down under for 2017, LHR-MEL-CGK-LHR for late June, early July - £1084. Literally the exact dates I was wanting to fly - out Tuesday, back Sat/Sun is perfect for me. Thanks OP!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:18 am

I can't find any prices that come even close to the advertised £1111
Lhr-Syd priced at £10000 😱

I'm on iOS and it is impossible to multi city search :-( tried various browsers.

Oh well the universe is telling me it's not to be sigh.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Croupier
I can't find any prices that come even close to the advertised £1111
Lhr-Syd priced at £10000 😱

I'm on iOS and it is impossible to multi city search :-( tried various browsers.

Oh well the universe is telling me it's not to be sigh.
Wait until you get to a PC. The sale is on until the 30th
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Gold
[QUOTE=maudline9;27534716]
Originally Posted by josepciv
Any better way to make changes to the multi-city search? seems no easy way to change dates without starting all over
I'd be very grateful if someone could offer a tip on this as I'm trying to put together a two- or three-weekend visit to SYD thus:
GA087 overnight in CGK
GA414
GA714
GA713 overnight in CGK
GA086
but fail at the final hurdle (cabin class is full) or encounter a magnificent price.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
For overnight in SIN route via DPS

Originally Posted by bonzo
I can't force the overnight into SIN. Either there is no I class availability on the short haul CGK->SIN routes or something in the fare disallows it.

on the return:
MEL->CGK->SIN (day 1) A332 to B738
SIN->LHR (day 2)
gives a a price of £3k+

but same dates:

MEL->CGK (day 1)
CGK->LHR (day 2) technical stop in SIN

gives a a price of £1k

Edited to say: never mind. I class availability of CGK->SIN was the problem. Now changed to take the morning MEL->CGK flight connecting onto a different CGK->SIN flight and price back to £1k
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
For overnight in SIN route via DPS
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsf
Booked my annual trip down under for 2017, LHR-MEL-CGK-LHR for late June, early July - £1084. Literally the exact dates I was wanting to fly - out Tuesday, back Sat/Sun is perfect for me. Thanks OP!
A pleasure. But creds to Orbitmic and Henky who are advocates for Garuda.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bonzo
Here is a question. Where should the miles go? I am not a ST flier, mostly OW where I maintain sapphire (mid-tier). The only account I have in the ST alliance is an old AZ account which has no miles in it. I have a virgin account back from the days I use to fly LHR->LAX on virgin, but that is not ST account so I can't put the miles there. Flying blue comes to mind or perhaps Delta? in the *A world I drop all my orphan *A flights into my A3 account, but I don't have a meaningful ST mileage account at all...
Aeromexico offer family pooling if that's of any consequence and also the ability to spend the miles on pretty much any hotel stay, or as you say Delta, who have very low TFCs I believe...
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:11 am

Tempting to book this for a trip down under with my folks. Does anyone know if Garuda offer accommodation for the overnight stop in CGK?

I've flown them before but only AMS - CGK. Loved their J product.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
It seems that they do...

http://www.etg.travel/file/download/34703
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:15 am

Anyone able to price up SYD on the cheap? Does connecting in DPS help?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by benjyyy
The site quotes this:
Fly from London Heathrow to Sydney via Jakarta and Bali on Saturdays, and fly back on Friday or Saturday via Jakarta.

It requires overnighting in Jakarta on the way out (hopping through DPS) and back.
I'm still feverishly looking, no joy with end March or Easter. When it does work (e.g., 29/7-19/8), it spits out £3460.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:37 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by benjyyy
I priced up many, many open jaw trips LHR-MEL/SYD-LHR at £1087 but the site always fell over after I put in passenger details. Gave up in the end; I'll use Avios for the MEL-SYD-MEL shuffle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.