Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
ah man looks like the ship has sailed for that one, it's 191 each now
Originally Posted by motoridersd
You can do two RTs for $121 each:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...ORD0UA624;a=UA

It's still pretty brutal, but you can do these over several days. Do one run on 2/7 and another one on 2/14, or back to back, one on 2/7 and the other one on 2/8. Several options seem to be available for the same total $242
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by ismhad
Hi everyone

Departure Airport: ZRH (possibly GVA or BSL)
Miles Needed: 40'000
Required Spend or Budget: 2'500 CHF/USD or less
Available Travel Dates: open in 2017 except May-August
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: ok

I'm with M&M at the moment but I can't get how I can get *A Gold with my current amnount of flying (less than 50k mostly on discount economy). So I thought of lloking at getting Gold with OZ which seems to be "attainable" reasonably quickly with 40'000 miles.

So I looked up some fares on ITA and stumbled upon the two below.

http://imgur.com/a/LX7N2

Overall it would earn about 44'000 miles (S legs on OZ earn 100% on Asiana Club and the LX legs earn 50% on Asiana Club). For a cost of about 2'900 CHF which would make the itinerary at about 6.5cpm which I'm pretty sure is beatable..? Any other route ideas or better fares?

I'm new to this subject so any thoughts/suggestions/feedback welcome !

Thanks

Ismail
Anybody ?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by ismhad
Hi everyone

Departure Airport: ZRH (possibly GVA or BSL)
Miles Needed: 40'000
Required Spend or Budget: 2'500 CHF/USD or less
Available Travel Dates: open in 2017 except May-August
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: ok

I'm with M&M at the moment but I can't get how I can get *A Gold with my current amnount of flying (less than 50k mostly on discount economy). So I thought of lloking at getting Gold with OZ which seems to be "attainable" reasonably quickly with 40'000 miles.

So I looked up some fares on ITA and stumbled upon the two below.

http://imgur.com/a/LX7N2

Overall it would earn about 44'000 miles (S legs on OZ earn 100% on Asiana Club and the LX legs earn 50% on Asiana Club). For a cost of about 2'900 CHF which would make the itinerary at about 6.5cpm which I'm pretty sure is beatable..? Any other route ideas or better fares?

I'm new to this subject so any thoughts/suggestions/feedback welcome !

Thanks

Ismail
Follow this link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...j-2-100-a.html
This is the best I can find, although you have to book a separate ticket to position yourself. Good luck!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Follow this link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...j-2-100-a.html
This is the best I can find, although you have to book a separate ticket to position yourself. Good luck!
Thanks! Looks pretty good unfortunately it only earns 125% on Asiana which would make it 25'000 miles roughly and then I would need another run for the remaining 15'000. Star Gold on M&M at 100'000 miles seems extremely difficult to get for me ;( Thanks though! I'll look into routes out of MXP which seem often quite cheap!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Platinium Elite
Departure Airport: MSP
Miles Needed: 16,810 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: $300 or under per ticket
Available Travel Dates: MON January 30, SAT March 4, FRI March 10, SUN March 19, FRI April 14, SAT April 22. Same Day Turns
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: United Required

Friends, please excuse the awkwardness of the request. This is for United Silver, I know I know, not much to aspire to, but I'll be going for 1K towards the end of the year, hopefully. The days listed are required as my wife is working, and I will be taking my kids on the mileage runs! Do 5 and 7 year old boys love flying all day? You betcha! Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by mnfilmer; Jan 23, 2017 at 9:54 am Reason: added
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mnfilmer
Departure Airport: MSP
Miles Needed: 16,810 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: $300 or under per ticket
Available Travel Dates: MON January 30, SAT March 4, FRI March 10, SUN March 19, FRI April 14, SAT April 22.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: United Required

Friends, please excuse the awkwardness of the request. This is for United Silver, I know I know, not much to aspire to, but I'll be going for 1K towards the end of the year, hopefully. The days listed are required as my wife is working, and I will be taking my kids on the mileage runs! Do 5 and 7 year old boys love flying all day? You betcha! Any help much appreciated.
I would have loved an all day flying adventure as a kid!

$300 per ticket to get 16,810 is going to be tough, no? That comes out to 1.78 cpm, which is lower than I have seen with UA. If someone can come up with something that low out of MSP, I'll come join you!

Lowest I have found when trying to get as many PQMs as possible has been around 3.7 cpm so far. That means that to get 16,810, you would have to pay more like $620 per ticket. I am flying out of SAN though, which seems to be expensive.

If you want to stay within budget, you might have to fly by yourself and pay more for one ticket to be able to reach that level.

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can chime in with a good deal.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Platinium Elite
I would have loved an all day flying adventure as a kid!

$300 per ticket to get 16,810 is going to be tough, no? That comes out to 1.78 cpm, which is lower than I have seen with UA. If someone can come up with something that low out of MSP, I'll come join you!

Lowest I have found when trying to get as many PQMs as possible has been around 3.7 cpm so far. That means that to get 16,810, you would have to pay more like $620 per ticket. I am flying out of SAN though, which seems to be expensive.

If you want to stay within budget, you might have to fly by yourself and pay more for one ticket to be able to reach that level.

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can chime in with a good deal.
I don't need all 16,810 in one shot. I was just using that as a reference point for my silver status.

Last edited by mnfilmer; Jan 23, 2017 at 10:29 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by mnfilmer
I don't need all 16,810 in one shot. I was just using that as a reference point for my silver status.
Oh, gotcha

Ok in that case, do you have a minimum cpm for each of these runs? Lowest as possible? How many PQS do you have? Maybe it would be worth trying to reach silver with PQS instead of PQM with a lot of short flights?

Here's 4490 PQM and 4 PQS for $306 on Jan 30

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...SP1UA1683;a=UA

Your other dates are more expensive because they are weekends. Your best bet seems to be LAX on a TUE or WED for as low as $169 for 3000 PQM.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...SP0UA5593;a=UA

You can do $69-$75 RT to ORD for 1k PQM and 2 PQS in February

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...MSP0UA905;a=UA
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, BA, Miles & More Frequent Traveler
Red face

Departure Airport: TXL, MUC, FRA
Miles Needed:10,000
Required Spend or Budget:€600
Available Travel Dates: I'm self-employed so my dates are super flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: All of Star Alliance. As I'm in Europe Swiss/Lufthansa/Austrian/Belgium or even Turkish airlines is fine. They all fly to Berlin my preferred airport, but I'm willing to travel to Frankfurt or Munich for flights.

Doesn't need to be all in one flight either. I've added up my business and personal travel for the year and believe I'll be 8,000 - 10,000 miles short of Platinum. Hence me being flexible on dates as this is January. Yes, I'm THAT anal I've calculated all of my business and personal travel for the year already.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Berlin_traveler
Departure Airport: TXL, MUC, FRA
Miles Needed:10,000
Required Spend or Budget:€600
Available Travel Dates: I'm self-employed so my dates are super flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: All of Star Alliance. As I'm in Europe Swiss/Lufthansa/Austrian/Belgium or even Turkish airlines is fine. They all fly to Berlin my preferred airport, but I'm willing to travel to Frankfurt or Munich for flights.

Doesn't need to be all in one flight either. I've added up my business and personal travel for the year and believe I'll be 8,000 - 10,000 miles short of Platinum. Hence me being flexible on dates as this is January. Yes, I'm THAT anal I've calculated all of my business and personal travel for the year already.
I have a spreadsheet with my planned trips and any potential ones I could take to reach different status levels, so I get it

Here's 10,964 for $333 out of TXL

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, BA, Miles & More Frequent Traveler
I have a spreadsheet with my planned trips and any potential ones I could take to reach different status levels, so I get it

Here's 10,964 for $333 out of TXL

Thank you VERY much motoridersd! Much appreciated.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Departure Airport: MEX;LAX;SFO;PTY
Arrival Airport: Europe.
Miles Needed: around 15K
Required Spend or Budget: <1500 USD
Available Travel Dates: 13.14-04---23.24-04
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: airline that credit most to TK program.

I though to ask for help here, trying to renew my TK *G with the least effort so that I get quickly the neede 25k miles in the first year.
Thanks for suggestions.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Departure Airport: MEX;LAX;SFO;PTY
Arrival Airport: Europe.
Miles Needed: around 15K
Required Spend or Budget: <1500 USD
Available Travel Dates: 13.14-04---23.24-04
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: airline that credit most to TK program.

I though to ask for help here, trying to renew my TK *G with the least effort so that I get quickly the neede 25k miles in the first year.
Thanks for suggestions.
15950 with TK for $583 from SFO

Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Very good find unfortunately U fare gives only 25% in TK program so that results in around 4k miles only.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Very good find unfortunately U fare gives only 25% in TK program so that results in around 4k miles only.
Even when flying on TK metal? That's sh*tty. I have no idea what the Qualifying Miles earning table is. What fare classes do you need with each partner to get at least 100% of the miles? What if you buy a higher class E fare on the above itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.