Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Sy Paulson
logged onto delta today and am not seeing my rollover MQMs above the threshold I reached in 2017. Anyone else having the same issue? I had around 76000 earned in 2017 and am now Platinum. Will the approx 1000 or so show up soon? Anyone else having this issue?
It takes a few days / weeks for Delta to process the rollover of miles. You can get more information in the thread about this topic at: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...w-weekend.html
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:13 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Looking for a segment run on 29JAN same day out and in.. Its purely about segments so looking for as many segments as possible in one day.
trying to have it max 200$.. suggestions are welcome!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hollandair
Looking for a segment run on 29JAN same day out and in.. Its purely about segments so looking for as many segments as possible in one day.
trying to have it max 200$.. suggestions are welcome!
Kind of hard to make a suggestion without an origin airport. Monday's are generally poor days for MR's. Fares are usually cheaper on Tue/Wed/Sat.
bonoman and Hollandair like this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:16 am
Used to be guidogh

Originally Posted by LBJ
Kind of hard to make a suggestion without an origin airport. Monday's are generally poor days for MR's. Fares are usually cheaper on Tue/Wed/Sat.
WHOOPS... Ex-LAS
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:52 pm

WHOOPS... Ex-LAS
I am sure there will be better options but here is one:

LAS-LAX-SFO-SLC-LAS, $138 (E), mapped out on ITA, bookable on Priceline
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAS-LAX-SLC-ABQ-SLC-LAS is $189.60 in E. Getting more than 4 segments for less than $200 is challenging for most destinations as many fares only allow a single connection. You are also dealing with some long flight distances out west which makes it difficult to get in more than 5 segments in a day.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 4, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:09 pm

Hi -

Some quick questions on a DL status challenge.

1) If I fly on another SkyTeam carrier, do the credited MQMs/MQDs count, or does it have to be only on DL metal?

2) Is there a minimum number of DL segments needed for the challenge?

3) If I hit the Platinum requirements, will I get to choose one of the Platinum benefits, or do I have to wait until I get "regular" MQM/MQD?

Than you in advance.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

Some quick questions on a DL status challenge.

1) If I fly on another SkyTeam carrier, do the credited MQMs/MQDs count, or does it have to be only on DL metal?

2) Is there a minimum number of DL segments needed for the challenge?

3) If I hit the Platinum requirements, will I get to choose one of the Platinum benefits, or do I have to wait until I get "regular" MQM/MQD?

Than you in advance.
1) Flying on partner airlines do earn MQMs/MQDs depending on the Fare Class. Earnings for the partners can be found at:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

2) Depending on the challenge (Silver, Gold or Platinum), you have different MQS, MQM and MQD requirements

3) yes, if you meet the Platinum challenge requirements, you may choose benefits

Answers about the challenge can be found at the link below:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...challenge.html
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:34 am
Used to be guidogh

Originally Posted by LBJ
LAS-LAX-SLC-ABQ-SLC-LAS is $189.60 in E. Getting more than 4 segments for less than $200 is challenging for most destinations as many fares only allow a single connection. You are also dealing with some long flight distances out west which makes it difficult to get in more than 5 segments in a day.
Nice one, thanks! but where can I book this? Also GF doesnt price it out...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:12 am

HI Canuck_traveler:

Many thanks for the quick reply. My question #2 referred to any minimum number of DL segments. In the extreme, could I meet challenge requirements solely by flying SkyTeam partners?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:41 am

HI Canuck_traveler:

Many thanks for the quick reply. My question #2 referred to any minimum number of DL segments. In the extreme, could I meet challenge requirements solely by flying SkyTeam partners?
As I understand it, Delta does not have any conditions on how many of the segments must be Delta flights. However, to be safe, I would ask Delta.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice one, thanks! but where can I book this? Also GF doesnt price it out...
It's just a LAS-ABQ roundtrip. Both Google flights and delta.com price it out just fine for me when simply searching for LAS-ABQ roundtrip. With Google flights you will need to click on the "Show longer or more expensive flights" option to get it to show.

I did manage to find one 6 segment option that wasn't too unreasonable. However, it's more than $200. You can do LAS-RDM for $245 RT and fit in six segments in a day (LAS-SLC-SEA-RDM-SEA-SLC-LAS for example). The price per segment is close to the LAS-ABQ trip (around $40/segment).

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 5, 2018 at 4:43 am
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:43 am

Hi Canuck_traveler -

Thank you for your input. I guess I could just wait for my initial flights to post and then call in and ask if my status is through the end of the year. If not, book some DL flights.

I just remember in the PMUA days they would require you to fly 4 UA segments to qualify for any elite status.

Last edited by Orwaid; Jan 5, 2018 at 10:27 am
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:54 am

Hi Canuck_traveler -

Thank you for your input. I guess I could just wait for my initial flights to post and then call in and ask if my status is through the end of the year. If not, book some DL flights.

I just remember in the PMUA days they wuold require you to fly 4 UA segments to qualify for any elite status.
Yep, in the past, I believe Delta had more conditions but seems to have relaxed them a bit for the current challenge requirements though they didn't have the MQD requirement in the past.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:15 am

Departure Airport - JFK
NEED 10,500 miles needed on Delta to Gold status challenge
Budget cheap as possible
Dates to travel: Jan 21-23

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.