Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

AA/One World: 2016 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by western
Departure Airport: SFO on 11/2 (I'm there for business and this date would save me personal cash on MR)
Miles Needed: 25000
Required Spend or Budget: <1000
Available Travel Dates: for this option the date is 11/2. Otherwise pretty flexible out of DEN or positioning as needed on any dates through end of year.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA metal (hopefully use systemwide upgrades) codeshares ok too
From SFO on 11/2, look at PVG and CGK, samples attached. It won't get 25000 miles but it is a good start. PVG needs a China visa, CGK needs no visa for U.S. citizen.
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...289;a=ONEWORLD
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...-04;a=ONEWORLD
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by western
Departure Airport: SFO on 11/2 (I'm there for business and this date would save me personal cash on MR)
Miles Needed: 25000
Required Spend or Budget: <1000
Available Travel Dates: for this option the date is 11/2. Otherwise pretty flexible out of DEN or positioning as needed on any dates through end of year.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA metal (hopefully use systemwide upgrades) codeshares ok too
That is going to be a lot of miles for under $1,000. No one run will get it all done, but take a look at BAH to take a big bite out of it: https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...285;a=ONEWORLD
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Zeromus-X
Hi all! Wondering if anyone can find anything better than what I've got for a quick run. Bonus points if it flies into or out of SMF.

Departure Airport: SMF, OAK, SFO, SJC, RNO - in that order of preference
Miles Needed: 4,192 - this is for a challenge, EQM is the goal.
Required Spend or Budget: No required, looking for lowest cost
Available Travel Dates: 9/12-10/8, 10/12-10/21, 10/24-10/26, 11/15-11/19
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA or American Eagle only

So far here's the best I've found, though there's a very tight layover (28 minutes) in ORD so I'm not sure if it's reasonable:

10/18 - 4,524 miles, $223
SFO 12:50a > DFW 6:10a 7:30a > ORD 9:54a - 2262 mi, $111
ORD 10:22a > DFW 12:45a, 2:55p > SFO 4:42p - 2262mi, $112

EDIT: I do have Priority Pass, Admirals Club, and United lounge access so I don't mind hanging out at an airport for a few hours at all, especially if it means the itinerary avoids needing a hotel.
A little more cpm than what you already found, but you do get 12 hours in Maui on this one!

11/15 (overnight return) SJC-LAX-OGG-PHX-SJC

$410 (5.79 cpm w/ 2 miles per $ CC flight booking)

6259 EQM
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
Originally Posted by jbeckett
No visa is needed for U.S. citizens to enter Indonesia.

Thank you for the CGK suggestion! I managed to book ORD-CLT-LGA-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-LGA-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-LGA-PHL-MKE that will give me 48041 EQMS for 1422 or 2.96CPM But I used amex points to pay for part of it. Bringing it to: $895 or 1.8637 CPM.
I'm going to fit a third trip in before year end so I can make EXP for sure for next year.

Anyone from ORD want to go with?

I'm just need to renew my passport before I go as they require 6 months of passport validity.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mdd100
I managed to book ORD-CLT-LGA-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-LGA-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-LGA-PHL-MKE that will give me 48041 EQMS for 1422 or 2.96CPM.
Wow, that is quite a trip!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Madone59
That is going to be a lot of miles for under $1,000. No one run will get it all done, but take a look at BAH to take a big bite out of it: https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...285;a=ONEWORLD
How's BAH for quick turn like this? Will this guarantee secondary on entry to UK and US?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
Wow, that is quite a trip!
Yeah It'll be a long week but considering I'll be fed on the trips etc. Should be pretty nice.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Yeah It'll be a long week but considering I'll be fed on the trips etc. Should be pretty nice.
It will be similar to being in prison for a week and being fed and everything, just way more painful, stressful and sleepless, and without the comfort and luxuries of prison...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
It will be similar to being in prison for a week and being fed and everything, just way more painful, stressful and sleepless, and without the comfort and luxuries of prison...
I was debating upgrading a few of the flights segments.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
12275 eqm needed from JFK/lga

Hello folks. Well traveled more than I thought and have a voucher to use as well. Need 12275 eqm. Thank you so much.

Departure Airport: JFK/LGA dates are open. Prefer quick turn around.
Miles Needed: 12275
Required Spend or Budget: <1500
Available Travel Dates: open
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA metal preferred.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by wireless_999
Hello folks. Well traveled more than I thought and have a voucher to use as well. Need 12275 eqm. Thank you so much.

Departure Airport: JFK/LGA dates are open. Prefer quick turn around.
Miles Needed: 12275
Required Spend or Budget: <1500
Available Travel Dates: open
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA metal preferred.
LGA-DFW-HKG-LAX-BOS-LGA out 11/8 return 11/9 is $797, 16000+ miles. Some other days available at similar price.
LGA-ORD-NRT-TPE-NRT-ORD-LGA out 12/5 return 12/7 is $717, 16000+ miles.
EWR-ORD-MIA-UIO-MIA-EWR in business class out 12/3 return 12/4 is $1008, 13222 EQM. Other days and routings available, be sure to choose a routing that meets your mileage needs.

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...2165;a=AA;eo=e
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...A365;a=AA;eo=e
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

Last edited by jbeckett; Oct 21, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: QFF
Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: Qantas SC, as many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: ~$2000
Available Travel Dates: November 14 - 20
Required Metal or Codeshares: AA or Oneworld

Hi, visiting USA in November for a few weeks right at the start of my Qantas membership year and would love to get to Platinum (OWE) as early as possible in the year. Having heard of the legendary Status Runs possible in the US I thought it was time to try one for myself. I am kicking myself as in the last few weeks I have seen some really good runs like LAX-ORD-BOS-MIA-PTY-MIA-BOS-ORD-LAX for ~$1300 but as I have been trying to book over the last few days all the good fares I have seen are all considerably more expensive and this one is now over $2300. I get in to LAX from AUS the morning of the 14th and have about a week to myself before any commitments back in LA.

Any suggestions for interesting routes in First over these dates so that I can actually make it to platinum for the first time? Would really like to have enough time in a few layovers to actually see a little something of some other cities as I have only ever spent time in LA, San Francisco, Washington and New York.

For those not aware Qantas Status Credits really benefit from the current coding of AA flights in First and I realise this is not going to be available for much longer.

Thanks very much for any assistance.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by paul.ninnes
Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: Qantas SC, as many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: ~$2000
Available Travel Dates: November 14 - 20
Required Metal or Codeshares: AA or Oneworld

Hi, visiting USA in November for a few weeks right at the start of my Qantas membership year and would love to get to Platinum (OWE) as early as possible in the year. Having heard of the legendary Status Runs possible in the US I thought it was time to try one for myself. I am kicking myself as in the last few weeks I have seen some really good runs like LAX-ORD-BOS-MIA-PTY-MIA-BOS-ORD-LAX for ~$1300 but as I have been trying to book over the last few days all the good fares I have seen are all considerably more expensive and this one is now over $2300. I get in to LAX from AUS the morning of the 14th and have about a week to myself before any commitments back in LA.

Any suggestions for interesting routes in First over these dates so that I can actually make it to platinum for the first time? Would really like to have enough time in a few layovers to actually see a little something of some other cities as I have only ever spent time in LA, San Francisco, Washington and New York.

For those not aware Qantas Status Credits really benefit from the current coding of AA flights in First and I realise this is not going to be available for much longer.

Thanks very much for any assistance.
I was able to replicate the same itinerary for that price with 1 more segment added: LAX-ORD-DCA-BOS-MIA-PTY-MIA-BOS-ORD-LAX - https://goo.gl/flights/Os7f
It's a same day turn though, so you might want to change the dates if you decide to stay for a bit..

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Oct 23, 2016 at 1:40 am Reason: found a working link
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
LGA-DFW-HKG-LAX-BOS-LGA out 11/8 return 11/9 is $797, 16000+ miles. Some other days available at similar price.
LGA-ORD-NRT-TPE-NRT-ORD-LGA out 12/5 return 12/7 is $717, 16000+ miles.
EWR-ORD-MIA-UIO-MIA-EWR in business class out 12/3 return 12/4 is $1008, 13222 EQM. Other days and routings available, be sure to choose a routing that meets your mileage needs.

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...2165;a=AA;eo=e
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...A365;a=AA;eo=e
Thank you! Found an ord-pek flight under 525. Might do an award to ord and take this.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, and United
Thank you for the CGK suggestion! I managed to book ORD-CLT-LGA-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-LGA-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-LGA-PHL-MKE that will give me 48041 EQMS for 1422 or 2.96CPM But I used amex points to pay for part of it. Bringing it to: $895 or 1.8637 CPM.
I'm going to fit a third trip in before year end so I can make EXP for sure for next year.

Anyone from ORD want to go with?

I'm just need to renew my passport before I go as they require 6 months of passport validity.
I'm out of Omaha, it's a quick trip over to Chicago. I'm totally going to look up this itinerary

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.