Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Looking for Mileage run start/finish MCi via AA July 7-9

I am always amazed at the help I see others giving travellers on Flyertalk. Thanks in advance for your help!

Departure Airport: MCI
Miles Needed: 8000+
Required Spend or Budget:$800 per traveller
Available Travel Dates: July 7-9
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:AA or any Oneworld

I can tell already that I don't want to lose my Exec Platinum status, and travelling with my AA Plat wife we will make this a fun weekend.
Any assistance on a mileage run over these three days is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Keith Glasch; Mar 10, 2017 at 7:25 am Reason: Needed correct format for mileage run request
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Exec Plat 2MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Thanks Pat89339, I will post here
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Keith Glasch
I am always amazed at the help I see others giving travellers on Flyertalk. Thanks in advance for your help!

Departure Airport: MCI
Miles Needed: 8000+
Required Spend or Budget:$800 per traveller
Available Travel Dates: July 7-9
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:AA or any Oneworld

I can tell already that I don't want to lose my Exec Platinum status, and travelling with my AA Plat wife we will make this a fun weekend.
Any assistance on a mileage run over these three days is much appreciated. Thanks!
MCI-DFW-PHX-ANC-LAX-DFW-MCI same day return 7/8 is $748, 7905 miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...-08;a=ONEWORLD
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by moonwoo
I will be about 30k short of EXP for next year so I wanted to get started early. For the life of me cannot find anything good out of STL. Any thoughts?

Departure Airport: STL
Miles Needed: as much as possible but over 20k preferred
Required Spend or Budget: $1000-1500
Available Travel Dates: May 15-18
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares okay

Thanks guys!
STL-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-ORD-STL out 5/15 return 5/18 is $1104, 20738 miles. Make sure all flights have an AA flight number for 100% EQM.
SYD and AKL are similar in price for these days, but less miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...323;a=ONEWORLD
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by jbeckett
STL-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-ORD-STL out 5/15 return 5/18 is $1104, 20738 miles. Make sure all flights have an AA flight number for 100% EQM.
SYD and AKL are similar in price for these days, but less miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...323;a=ONEWORLD
Hmmm for some reason if I want to book everything with AA flight numbers, the price jumps to 1500s. Maybe I checked too late.

Did you find the deal by simply plugging airports into google flights? $1100 for 20k miles is amazing

Thanks again for the find!

Last edited by moonwoo; Mar 10, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by moonwoo
Hmmm for some reason if I want to book everything with AA flight numbers, the price jumps to 1500s. Maybe I checked too late.

Did you find the deal by simply plugging airports into google flights? $1100 for 20k miles is amazing

Thanks again for the find!
Use the link that I provided originally. Change the departure date to 5/16 with return of 5/18. Click on a low priced departure flight, then on a low priced return flight. Look at the bottom of the screen, and click on the
Book with American link (click on the price).
Here is an example, go to the bottom of the screen and click on the price.
You can experiment with various days, and with the various flight choices on each date.
Flight prices change constantly, and what you find today may cost more or less tomorrow.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...472;a=ONEWORLD
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Use the link that I provided originally. Change the departure date to 5/16 with return of 5/18. Click on a low priced departure flight, then on a low priced return flight. Look at the bottom of the screen, and click on the
Book with American link (click on the price).
Here is an example, go to the bottom of the screen and click on the price.
You can experiment with various days, and with the various flight choices on each date.
Flight prices change constantly, and what you find today may cost more or less tomorrow.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...472;a=ONEWORLD
Nice, it worked! Thanks so much for the help!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
if you can get to Brazil....(don't laugh)

Originally Posted by mrships
Hi and sorry for the intrusion but I'm another AA Platinum that needs help so I thought I would ask too.
Id like to make EP on AA this wear and need 28,000 miles. I can take 1,2 or Mileage runs beginning November 1st, but need help and ideas from the experts
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
If you can get yourself (eother through a money purchase or 60,000 miles in Y, on AA< there are fares for under $2,000 that will give you 27-28,000 miles.)

GRU-LAX-HKG (13,000+ miles each direction.) The LAX-HKG seems to be one of the only markets where they are still releasing a small amount of SWU seats.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:17 pm

SNA To BOS

Alright Team,

So here are my flight details
Where: SNA to BOS
When: Depart Monday May 1st(I will consider Sunday April 30th). I need to arrive Monday evening as my meeting in Boston begins in the a.m. on the 2nd
Return Thursday May 4th.
Cost: $1000 or less with taxes

Note: I am pretty willing to travel all day on the 4th to get back to SNA and as noted previously could depart on the 30th to help drive up miles.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Diamond; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AndrewKA99
Alright Team,

So here are my flight details
Where: SNA to BOS
When: Depart Monday May 1st(I will consider Sunday April 30th). I need to arrive Monday evening as my meeting in Boston begins in the a.m. on the 2nd
Return Thursday May 4th.
Cost: $1000 or less with taxes

Note: I am pretty willing to travel all day on the 4th to get back to SNA and as noted previously could depart on the 30th to help drive up miles.
Not exactly a typical MR request. You have a specific destination and dates in mind, and there are plenty of options at less than half the max $ you've set. So I guess what you're actually looking for is creative routing to maximize EQMs even if it drives up the cost a lot? Are you willing to overnight at a hotel on Sun 30?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Not exactly a typical MR request. You have a specific destination and dates in mind, and there are plenty of options at less than half the max $ you've set. So I guess what you're actually looking for is creative routing to maximize EQMs even if it drives up the cost a lot? Are you willing to overnight at a hotel on Sun 30?
Spamers--Yes I am willing to overnight on the 30th, my preference would not to but if its an appreciable difference for EQM's I would consider(vs just flying a lot of miles on the 1st).
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:46 pm

FoundersCard AA Platinum Challenge

So, I just joined FoundersCard since my business is launching this summer and I will be doing a few trips to big cities for trunk shows (I sell high-end apparel).

I have a lot of paid time off I will be using from my current job and I think it would be fun to do this challenge. I am enrolled around in the AA Biz Extra program. I am wondering if anyone could clarify what I need to fly exactly? Do I have to book Biz class seats or can I just stick with Y to save money?

I spent the day during the blizzard picking out some Biz class trips for under $1000. I am ok paying that, but I really rather save the money.

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
Originally Posted by capekid
So, I just joined FoundersCard since my business is launching this summer and I will be doing a few trips to big cities for trunk shows (I sell high-end apparel).

I have a lot of paid time off I will be using from my current job and I think it would be fun to do this challenge. I am enrolled around in the AA Biz Extra program. I am wondering if anyone could clarify what I need to fly exactly? Do I have to book Biz class seats or can I just stick with Y to save money?

I spent the day during the blizzard picking out some Biz class trips for under $1000. I am ok paying that, but I really rather save the money.

Thanks!
Cape,

I too am an FC member; however, I'm EXP with AA already. You will want to book at least 2k in EQDs. Elite qualifying dollars. In other works you'll have to spend probably 2300 or so to actually hit it taking into account fees that are not included.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, AB Gold, Iberia Plata, Best Western Rewards Platinum
Hey guys,
My first time doing a/requesting a mileage run. I will be in SFO and have the weekend 31st March-2nd April available.
I would love to do a MR in BIZ or full Y from either SFO (31st March 3pm onwards) or LAX(31st March 8pm onwards) to anywhere on AA.
I'd like to spend no more than $800 and as the idea is to post this on my BA account so more the flights the better it is for me (large number of flights is greater tier points). I would love to come back by the 2nd of April to LAX/SFO, same day turns are fine, and over night stays are fine too. International or national are fine.

I would really really appreciate your help here. Thanks a lot
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Dear Team

Where; ORD to MAD

When: I need to be in Madrid Monday evening April 10th (I can depart as early as April 7th)

Return: April 13th after 7pm (don’t need to be back at ORD until April 15th)
Cost: $1050 but willing to spend up to $1600 to build a MR/mileage accumulation

Note: my dates of departure and return are flexible and looking to the team of experts to help me build creative routing

Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.