Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA EXEC PLAT 30K short to re-qualify

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum +Marriott Titanium Elite

Job change has slowed me down considerably this year since most routes flown have been domestic. 60K right now and I estimate I will be at 75K max by year end at this pace. Any suggestions for a run, good fare, premium deal, whatever.. all appreciated. I have researched the other threads and considering the PTY deal but not sure that one will fit. I do not have any AA-affiliated affinity credit cards so that isn’t an option.

I can fly domestic or international and prefer $1,200 or less in expenditure:

September 4-8
September 18-28
November 5-8
November 23-28
Last two weeks of December

Prefer to fly from DFW, MCI, LAX, PHL, WAS, JFK, ORD but can also do CLT and MIA if needed. If I need to get to other feeder airports to start/finish I am open to that as well.

Thanks all in advance. Happy to provide more info if needed.
Reached well over 140K flown/paid last year. But with the program changes this year my sense is they won’t have any sympathy for falling short this year.

Last edited by 18sas; Aug 25, 2016 at 6:36 am Reason: addt'l info added
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Two Million Miler
... and I estimate I will be at 75K max by year end at this pace. ...
1. Make sure to use the EXACT FIGURES. Not your best guess, but an exact calculation of the EQM's for booked/planned trips. Keep them in an up to date spreadsheet to be on top of it.

2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...8-9k-eqms.html This run could be a very good help!

Good luck!

And kind suggestion to a Mod: merge this and others threads for AA MR requests ?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Epicura
1. Make sure to use the EXACT FIGURES. Not your best guess, but an exact calculation of the EQM's for booked/planned trips. Keep them in an up to date spreadsheet to be on top of it.

2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...8-9k-eqms.html This run could be a very good help!

Good luck!

And kind suggestion to a Mod: merge this and others threads for AA MR requests ?
Three good suggestions there and sorry for the typo on the thread title!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Epicura

OK, holding the following for 17.6K EQMs at $972. Used Google Flights and then the link provided to book with AA. I'll play around with it more tomorrow and see if I can find earlier dates, lower fare, better metal MIA-LAX, etc.:

17 Dec - LAX - SFO 745p - 737
17 Dec - SFO - JFK 11pm - A321T
18 Dec - JFK - MIA 130p - 757 Angle recline
18 Dec - MIA -PTY 642p - 737
19 Dec - PTY - MIA 418p - 737
19 Dec - MIA - LAX 932p - 737

Thanks again for the point in the right direction! I'll report in on the progress and experience in hopes it helps others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.