AA Ex-Platinum

Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
AA Ex-Platinum

I need 20,000 miles on AA to qualify out of Boston. Ideas?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
BOS-LAX-HKG-DFW-BOS will get you 19490 miles for $728, for example out 9/25 return 9/27. Then find an inexpensive day trip like BOS-ORD-BOS on 11/5 for $71 to get the rest of the miles.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by SFBOST
I need 20,000 miles on AA to qualify out of Boston. Ideas?
What have you found so far?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
What have you found so far?
+1. Some more detail will be helpful. When can you fly? Can you travel internationally, do you have a budget??
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: SQ
Can do it in one HKG run easily for $773.

http://goo.gl/flights/EXSc

I'm working off a pretty bad connection and didn't try to book, but should work through AA.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
OP already posted on the LAX-PTY BUS run for $700 and had problems figuring out how to position to LAX. To me that seems the easiest choice, but again, as it is usual with this type of request, the lack of information and feedback from the poster makes is difficult to provide additional help.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
OP already posted on the LAX-PTY BUS run for $700 and had problems figuring out how to position to LAX. To me that seems the easiest choice, but again, as it is usual with this type of request, the lack of information and feedback from the poster makes is difficult to provide additional help.
Good catch arollins. I didn't put two and two together when I replied to both threads. Is it really already that time of year again
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
This does seem to be the easiest method. Roundtrip to LAX from BOS is not that much and flight times work fine. Better to do this to a place I anyway have to be for a couple of days.

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by SFBOST
This does seem to be the easiest method. Roundtrip to LAX from BOS is not that much and flight times work fine. Better to do this to a place I anyway have to be for a couple of days.

Thanks
correct, why spend that money to go to HKG and travel in coach, when for the same amount you can go much comfortably to PTY and you get some added bonus as well. Enjoy your time.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
Good catch arollins. I didn't put two and two together when I replied to both threads. Is it really already that time of year again
It sure is. Time to stop looking at this forum for a bit.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Madone59
AA also recently sent out a bunch of targeted challenge invitations which included EXP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27078222
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:38 pm

See you in February buddy.

SFBOST Did you see my reply to your other post about fitting two PTY RT's into one BOS-LAX RT? You may just want to take one week and knock it all out.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
AA also recently sent out a bunch of targeted challenge invitations which included EXP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27078222
Yes, I'm well aware of the targeted status challenge that was recently launched. The problem I have is the typical poster that comes here, looking for XXX miles needed to complete its challenge, do not even mention the basics such as time frame, home airport, budget, etc. They do not even bother to look at the mileage run threads. There are numerous runs mentioned in there. The PTY run is an excellent example, and in Business class no less. I have no problem helping out, but at least show that you've done some research on your own. In the end, most of these posters do not contribute much, just looking for a freebie.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
In the end, most of these posters do not contribute much, just looking for a freebie.
I'm totally on board with you was just supplying an alternate reason why there may have been a rash of these lately; I'm not sure it's quite time for the end-of-year ramp-up yet.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:38 am

IMHO it's not only about posting a request without having done any kind of research, it's also about posting a new thread EVERY TIME.

Perhaps not a bad idea to merge all those requests in 1 single thread (and just do it consequently every time some one still feels the urge to open a new thread), preferably on the AA forum?

If some good souls are willing to help, this will allow to not having repeat them selves every day. On a related note: I have noticed that FT like Madone59 (and others) still manage to reply in the most polite and patient way. RESPECT !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.