Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA Platinum - 57K miles needed for Executive Platinum

Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum

Hello this is my first post! I fly out of DFW weekly typically to Mexico - Mexico City/Monterrey/Guadalajara most of the time. I also fly to other cities in mexico based on projects. Typically fly to San Diego in the US from time to time. I average about 2k miles a week.
I am interested in mileage runs out of DFW or nearby airports if necessary. I would like to book a mileage run as soon as possible I don’t care about the destinations just miles.
I would prefer to travel on the weekends if possible to avoid burning vacation but can travel weekdays if necessary.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
TYR-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-TYR is $877 out 9/3 return 9/5, 20286 miles. Similar price available other days. Make sure all flights have an AA flight number. CGK from DFW is about $150 more.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...9-05;a=AA;eo=e

Last edited by jbeckett; Aug 22, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk CIBPP ^

You should look at S.E Asia like CGK, and or SIN but you'll have to look at a regional airport or even position outside of Dallas to get a better fare.

Also look at the BIZ fares out there to earn miles faster. This one out of YYZ is good and has simple positioning. This one out of HKG would require nesting the ticket in another HKG or Asian RT but would help knock out a lot of miles.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Are you sure you'd get the value of our EXP? With reduction in SWUs and the change to prioritize upgrades based on recent spend, it may not make sense to do mileage runs to get it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jbeckett
TYR-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-TYR is $877 out 9/3 return 9/5, 20286 miles. Similar price available other days. Make sure all flights have an AA flight number. CGK from DFW is about $150 more.
This works the day after Christmas also for $920, which would be a great just in case final run.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
Originally Posted by jbeckett
How do you avoid the JL flight, or does it have an AA codeshare number that works for this run?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flyerhandle
How do you avoid the JL flight, or does it have an AA codeshare number that works for this run?
Select flights that have an AA codeshare flight number. Some do, some don't.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
jbeckett - THANK YOU!
I have placed two of these trips on hold and will book one of them tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.