Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: MCO-SDQ C fare $107-$150 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: johnnywho
FT Users Flying

tomasdev - Aug 30/31 Trip Report (immediate turnaround)
island82 - Sept 30/Oct 1- 4hrs in SDQ, overnight in MEX Oct 1-2
rivlinm - Nov 11/16/18 - 4 days in MEX, 2 days in SDQ
schindlr88 Aug 19-23rd, 2 days in SDQ, 1 MEX
dustenm - Oct 2-7th - 4 nights in SDQ
johnnywho - April 11-21st - 10 nights in DR

Earnings on DL - * Make SURE you FF number prints on your BP
AeroMexico flights earn based off Distance for Delta. If ticketed in C would be:
6408 base miles and 3204 category bonus miles

For those without status this means:
9610 MQM (confirmed)
4 MQS (confirmed)
9612 RDM (confirmed, base, you get more with status)
$1922 MQD (confirmed)

Source: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...eromexico.html

Tips from those who have run this:

Get all your BPs at MCO before you depart (if not staying)
Use MEX immigration first point return to USA, second point to SDQ
Ask for two of the smaller forms on jet to SDQ (need 2nd at exit)
No need to pay $10 fee if you have BP to show not staying
MEX return w/1.5 connection is tight. You may miss connect
New AM 737 seats are Zodiac w/ IFE power. Old are total crud
Regional MEX-SDQ has Gogo but only for videos. Very limited choices. No power.
Food was either hot or cold sandwich on mainline. Cold on regional.

How many points did you get crediting to:

Have not yet got points to confirm above earnings on Delta. Will update.

Canceling:

Contact the OTA you booked with to cancel. AeroMexico unwilling to refund via phone, website, and in person.
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: MCO-SDQ C fare $107-$150 rt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:07 am

Taking my wife to MCO today for her Global Entry appointment. Going to try and swing by the AeroMexico counter and get a refund. I was hit with a schedule change and I might use the Zika excuse as well. Planning to print all fare information, schedule change, etc.

Any other pointers?

Update: AeroMexico ticketing counter was completely unhelpful. Acknowledged it was a C Fare but had "NONREFUNDABLE" plastered on the ticket. Told me to call AeroMexico US reservations.

Called AeroMexico US Reservations. They told me to contact lowestfare.com (Priceline).

Called Priceline and they asked for the reason for the cancellation "Schedule change, but it's a fully refundable fare so I'm not sure why that matters." 4 minutes on hold. "I need to call AeroMexico to process this since it's related to a schedule change." 10 minutes on hold. "This has been completed and you should see a refund post within two billing cycles. Received confirmation email as well.

Just one data point but it appears to me the inability to cancel is related to the ticket being sold by a travel agent and doesn't have anything to do with AeroMexico being sketchy.

My recommendation: Call Priceline, not AeroMexico.

Last edited by FlyerTalkUserName; Sep 11, 2016 at 3:50 pm
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
I took your recommendation and it worked for me too. Thanks.

I called Priceline (after having no luck with AeroMexico). I was on hold with Priceline for 10 minutes while they called AM to verify fare rules and they allowed me to cancel the tickets for a full refund. I also got the confirmation email from Priceline.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:19 pm

FlyerTalkUserName and waealu thanks for the data points. When calling AeroMexico are they not allowing you to cancel due to booking with a OTA or are they saying it's a non-refundable fare (even though it isn't)?

I booked on aeromexico.com and may cancel a few flights that got scheduled changed with the overnight in MEX. You would think with a 24 hour + schedule change even if the fare was non-refundable (again, even though it isn't) it would be refundable.

Taking my wife to MCO today for her Global Entry appointment. Going to try and swing by the AeroMexico counter and get a refund. I was hit with a schedule change and I might use the Zika excuse as well. Planning to print all fare information, schedule change, etc.

Any other pointers?

Update: AeroMexico ticketing counter was completely unhelpful. Acknowledged it was a C Fare but had "NONREFUNDABLE" plastered on the ticket. Told me to call AeroMexico US reservations.

Called AeroMexico US Reservations. They told me to contact lowestfare.com (Priceline).

Called Priceline and they asked for the reason for the cancellation "Schedule change, but it's a fully refundable fare so I'm not sure why that matters." 4 minutes on hold. "I need to call AeroMexico to process this since it's related to a schedule change." 10 minutes on hold. "This has been completed and you should see a refund post within two billing cycles. Received confirmation email as well.

Just one data point but it appears to me the inability to cancel is related to the ticket being sold by a travel agent and doesn't have anything to do with AeroMexico being sketchy.

Originally Posted by waealu
I took your recommendation and it worked for me too. Thanks.

I called Priceline (after having no luck with AeroMexico). I was on hold with Priceline for 10 minutes while they called AM to verify fare rules and they allowed me to cancel the tickets for a full refund. I also got the confirmation email from Priceline.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by schwimmair
FlyerTalkUserName and waealu thanks for the data points. When calling AeroMexico are they not allowing you to cancel due to booking with a OTA or are they saying it's a non-refundable fare (even though it isn't)?

I booked on aeromexico.com and may cancel a few flights that got scheduled changed with the overnight in MEX. You would think with a 24 hour + schedule change even if the fare was non-refundable (again, even though it isn't) it would be refundable.
Definitely seemed to me that they weren't allowing me to cancel due to booking with OTA.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by schwimmair
When calling AeroMexico are they not allowing you to cancel due to booking with a OTA or are they saying it's a non-refundable fare (even though it isn't)?
I just used chat to contact AM and they told me the ticket was non-refundable. They only gave me the option to change the itinerary and pay the difference (without a change fee). They didn't say anything about the OTA.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the DP's.

Definitely seemed to me that they weren't allowing me to cancel due to booking with OTA.
Originally Posted by waealu
I just used chat to contact AM and they told me the ticket was non-refundable. They only gave me the option to change the itinerary and pay the difference (without a change fee). They didn't say anything about the OTA.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Anyone else jump on this All inclusive deal for $26/night?

http://www.fly4free.com/flight-deals...-for-only-e10/
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:29 pm

Question Remember those $111 Orlando - Santo Domingo flights?

I am talking about this deal from Aeromexico posted way back in August. Has anyone flown using a ticket they booked?

My flight is scheduled for November so I want to start booking accommodations, but I am still a bit nervous that Aeromexico may cancel the fare.

Can anyone provide confirmation that their ticket was honored?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to FlyerTalk, fannypack

I have moved your question to the Mileage Run Discussion forum where there is a wealth of experience when it comes to fare errors.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
See thread here -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...?highlight=mco
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
For those that have misconnected or been delayed, has AM rebooked any pax on DL in business class to get back to MCO? Or do they only protect on AM?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
they only rebook you on AM metal. Not even codeshares. I speak Spanish, I'm Argentinian, I've tried very respectfully to see if they could change that. Ended up rebooking into AM in Y to fly earlier, and just did ORC with DL via twitter
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tomasdev
they only rebook you on AM metal. Not even codeshares. I speak Spanish, I'm Argentinian, I've tried very respectfully to see if they could change that. Ended up rebooking into AM in Y to fly earlier, and just did ORC with DL via twitter
Wow! Isn't that the primary benefit of SkyTeam to help customers with the larger network of flights? Or I wonder if they see it as a 0$ fare and that's why.

Also, has anyone doing the same day turn (well, with overnight flight) had any issues at immigration in Orlando? Are people being automatically flagged for secondary because of this quick itinerary?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Some other quick points for the Wiki, based on 2 of these and plenty of prior AM flights:
- AM flights around 00:00-01:00 often don't post on the flight monitors, the AM lounge staff and the two service desks can find out the gate
-Drink and meal service is always slow, at least an hour from takeoff, if you want to sleep, just sleep
- Officially coconut water is only on flights from MEX, any of my AM flights anywhere it is there and on the economy beverage cart but they hide it in business, ask for it
- the AM lounge closest to security is closed for several months for renovation, the renovated one at the far end of the upper level past Aeromar is open
- the Amex Centurion Lounge charges for food
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
Some other quick points for the Wiki, based on 2 of these and plenty of prior AM flights:
- AM flights around 00:00-01:00 often don't post on the flight monitors, the AM lounge staff and the two service desks can find out the gate
-Drink and meal service is always slow, at least an hour from takeoff, if you want to sleep, just sleep
- Officially coconut water is only on flights from MEX, any of my AM flights anywhere it is there and on the economy beverage cart but they hide it in business, ask for it
- the AM lounge closest to security is closed for several months for renovation, the renovated one at the far end of the upper level past Aeromar is open
- the Amex Centurion Lounge charges for food
The food prices in the Centurion Lounge are reasonable and the food is good quality. Or at least, in T1 it was. I usually stick to Club Premier in T2. T2 also has a pretty good food court before clearing security. Post-security the food selection is much more expensive in the restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.