Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] PAL business class: Bali - Manila - London ~355€

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
https://twitter.com/fotograaf/status/757794671162634240

The old Iberia plane set-up looks even worse than I thought, but I assume Bart took advantage of the mistake fare and he made it to London...
Thanks for sharing my tweet Craig. First of all, big thank you to the OP!

Flew PR on Monday from DPS to LHR via MNL. Had low expectations, but must say I was impressed by the PAL service and f&b offered. Here's a summary of my snapchat footage (account: bartlapers)

Let me know of you have any questions. Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Perhaps we need a forum for those who 1) have >X posts and 2) have been a member for >X years and 3) agree not to blog about said fares? I like the idea but unfortunately it will never happen on flyertalk.com
The person who found and posted this fare has a post count of two. If the rules kept that person out, we wouldn't have found out about this fare in the first place.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by bartla

Flew PR on Monday from DPS to LHR via MNL. Had low expectations, but must say I was impressed by the PAL service and f&b offered. Here's a summary of my snapchat footage (account: bartlapers)
https://youtu.be/i4uaf8iKkKU

Thanks for the video report!
Why is there no video chair in the unfolded form ? )
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by bartla

https://youtu.be/i4uaf8iKkKU

Couple of questions, hope you dont mind~~
1. Whats the max luggage allowance for both the DPS-MNL and MNL-LHR? Do they share the same baggage allowance as according to PAL website, DPS-MNL route has lower baggage allowance.
2. Did you have the chance to enter the Mahubay lounge in Manila during transit? Any possibilities that we can explore Manila half day during the transit?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Positioning from bkk (ignore, mistake post)

Not useful

Last edited by Nestor; Aug 14, 2016 at 3:04 am Reason: Currency mix-up
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Ouch. The longhaul MNL-LHR leg is on one of those old A340 cradle seats - not even lie flat!
Are you certain? The review linked above suggests they're actually angled flat (and good ones), despite what Seatguru says.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: miles and more
Beginning October 19, 2016, all Philippine Airlines (PR) flights between London and Manila will depart from/ land in Terminal 3 of London Heathrow Airport

PAL operates daily non-stop London-Manila-London flights via PR721/720, with the Boeing 777-300 as the fleet for the route.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by usmark24
Beginning October 19, 2016, all Philippine Airlines (PR) flights between London and Manila will depart from/ land in Terminal 3 of London Heathrow Airport

PAL operates daily non-stop London-Manila-London flights via PR721/720, with the Boeing 777-300 as the fleet for the route.
Still showing the 343 for my flight a few days later.

Last edited by heramato; Aug 15, 2016 at 8:46 am
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Double post

Last edited by heramato; Aug 15, 2016 at 8:45 am Reason: Double post
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Does this mean the MNL-LHR route will be replaced with lie flat seats?
http://philippineairspace.blogspot.c...tober.html?m=1
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I flew this the other day. There were at least two other people who I saw on the DPS-MNL who joined me on the MNL-LHR. Presumably they also had grabbed the mistake fare since otherwise the route isn't all that convenient.

The overnight flight from DPS-MNL is excruciating. Limited recline seats, etc. Dinner/drinks are served, rather than just turning off the lights and letting people try to get a bit of sleep. Also, the lounge at DPS is jam-packed with Jetstar and Qatar passengers at that time of night. Transfer at MNL is reasonably efficient, although the airport isn't very modern. The hardest part was probably waiting 7 hours in MNL in the lounge, which doesn't have particularly comfortable seating or decent food. In hindsight I should have booked the nearby Hyatt or Conrad to get a few hours sleep. Probably worth "wasting" some hotel points, considering the cheap flight.

The flight to LHR is fine. As mentioned, these are old Iberia A343 planes and the set up/colour scheme, etc. is completed unchanged from their Iberia days. The seats are angled lie-flat, but at least you have lots of space (other carriers have your lower legs in a coffin under the seat in front) F&B / service is good - nothing special but perfectly fine for a business class product. Nobody is hovering over you or asking you frequently if you'd like anything, but if you call for an attendant, they're happy to serve you whatever you like.

Still waiting for my ANA miles to post...

Of course the fare was great, but the itinerary is much harder on your body system than just catching a flight up to SIN, KUL, BKK or HKG and using miles for a proper flat bed to LHR...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:06 am

Thanks for sharing your experience Craig Good to know that they are serving food on the DPS-MNL leg as that was what I was hoping for.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:08 pm

Has anyone been able to change departure date without penalty?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:34 pm

My DPS-MNL flight is delayed for 12 hours (from 0125 to 1325) which will cause me missing my MNL-LHR flight.

Called the Philippines call centre and learned that there's no alternative as there's only one flight per day. Their CGK-MNL flight is also delayed for 12 hours so I will not make it for my MNL-LHR too. These delays are caused by bad weather (?), said the call centre.

Since there's only limited options from PR flights, I suggested booking us on GA to SIN and connecting on PR to MNL from SIN, but the CSO said that they are not authorised to rebook on another airline. When I ask to escalate, he mentioned that as this delay is cause by bad weather, they cannot rebook us on another airline.

I also suggested to change my city of departure from DPS to SIN, but as the flight will be a SIN-CEB-MNL, whereas the original itinerary is DPS-MNL (one sector), they will have to charge me for the extra (CEB-MNL) sector - which I've turned down.

The only alternative now is to turn up at the airport at the original departure time (0125hours) and hopefully PR representative at the airport will rebook me on another airline to MNL in time to catch my original MNL-LHR fight. There's one flight on HX out of DPS to HKG which will connect to PR's flight to MNL.

If the PR rep did it turn up or if I failed to convince him/her to rebook me, guess I'll have to book myself another night of hotel stay in DPS, take the 12 hours delayed flight to MNL, hopefully they'll put me up in a hotel as the layover will be almost 19 hours in MNL, and arrive LHR 24 hours later

This was after a 1 hour 45 mins roaming international call sigh.

Hoping for the best when I go to the airport tonight.

Last edited by tingtongbells; Dec 24, 2016 at 10:52 pm
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by tingtongbells
My DPS-MNL flight is delayed for 12 hours (from 0125 to 1325) which will cause me missing my MNL-LHR flight.

Called the Philippines call centre and learned that there's no alternative as there's only one flight per day. Their CGK-MNL flight is also delayed for 12 hours so I will not make it for my MNL-LHR too. These delays are caused by bad weather (?), said the call centre.

Since there's only limited options from PR flights, I suggested booking us on GA to SIN and connecting on PR to MNL from SIN, but the CSO said that they are not authorised to rebook on another airline. When I ask to escalate, he mentioned that as this delay is cause by bad weather, they cannot rebook us on another airline.

I also suggested to change my city of departure from DPS to SIN, but as the flight will be a SIN-CEB-MNL, whereas the original itinerary is DPS-MNL (one sector), they will have to charge me for the extra (CEB-MNL) sector - which I've turned down.

The only alternative now is to turn up at the airport at the original departure time (0125hours) and hopefully PR representative at the airport will rebook me on another airline to MNL in time to catch my original MNL-LHR fight. There's one flight on HX out of DPS to HKG which will connect to PR's flight to MNL.

If the PR rep did it turn up or if I failed to convince him/her to rebook me, guess I'll have to book myself another night of hotel stay in DPS, take the 12 hours delayed flight to MNL, hopefully they'll put me up in a hotel as the layover will be almost 19 hours in MNL, and arrive LHR 24 hours later

This was after a 1 hour 45 mins roaming international call sigh.

Hoping for the best when I go to the airport tonight.
Don't be disheartened yet. A delay may be a blessing in disguise.

Hopefully you can rebooked to a nice airline.

And I do hope that you have travel insurance and the payout would have covered the fare you paid.

Let us know how it went.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.