Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Sa iad/jfk--jnb $390

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Sa iad/jfk--jnb $390

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC, AAdvantage, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by WittingGadabout
Much appreciated - will await their official response and move to DOT or others if needed.
Correct me if I am wrong, but DOT rules do not apply since you bought the tickets in NZ

EDIT: D'Oh US departure point.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:00 am
formerly DustyFoot

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Karan97
Gone ? Looked for a bunch of dates out of WAS and couldn't find any.

anyone still able to book?
Yeah it dried up the same day.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone seen any reported problems with this fare being honored? I was going to start doing some trip planning, but I obviously will wait if there have been any issues.

Otherwise, are there any good choices on which ff program to credit the flights to? I'm a UA 1K, but I don't think that gets me any bonus miles whatsoever these days. I believe it would just be 50% of the miles travelled. Is that correct? Is there a better option?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
Has anyone seen any reported problems with this fare being honored? I was going to start doing some trip planning, but I obviously will wait if there have been any issues.

Otherwise, are there any good choices on which ff program to credit the flights to? I'm a UA 1K, but I don't think that gets me any bonus miles whatsoever these days. I believe it would just be 50% of the miles travelled. Is that correct? Is there a better option?
BUMP

We'll with more than 2 weeks gone by, I went ahead and bought 2 non-refundable $50 Mango tickets between CPT and JNB (I have an open jaw in my Expedia rez). I haven't heard of any problems with these tickets, so I assume we're good. I'm sure they didn't sell a gazillion seats because the deal was a little complicated and it's a long way for Flyertalker-types to travel in coach. If anyone does run into a problem, please let us know.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:37 pm

Just finished my trip. The food on SA was pretty good and the flight attendants were professional (but a little cold). You can select your seat at check in. 18hours though was pretty brutal in economy. Good luck to all those that are going on their trips.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supercake
Just finished my trip. The food on SA was pretty good and the flight attendants were professional (but a little cold). You can select your seat at check in. 18hours though was pretty brutal in economy. Good luck to all those that are going on their trips.
Yeah, my previous experience with SA's flight attendants is the same: they can be even more indifferent than USA major airline flight attendants!

Was the seat selection OK on check-in? I'm a Star Gold, and I'm a little hostile to paying them anything for a freakin' coach seat assignment. It's ridiculous.

Was there enough food? The last time I did this run in coach -- it was actually the JFK-JNB flight -- I remember feeling kinda hungry. I was planning on eating something in the lounge before departure.

Meanwhile, and perhaps more importantly, has anyone figured out which ff program to credit the flights to? UA just gives you 50% miles, with no elite bonuses, right? Is there anything better?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Was the seat selection OK on check-in? I'm a Star Gold, and I'm a little hostile to paying them anything for a freakin' coach seat assignment. It's ridiculous.

Was there enough food? The last time I did this run in coach -- it was actually the JFK-JNB flight -- I remember feeling kinda hungry. I was planning on eating something in the lounge before departure.
Seat selection was great, so much so that it tricked me into thinking the flight wasn't full. There was enough food if you are a normal-sized women or a teenager but I would bring some snacks to tide you over or if one of the meals just seems gross to you. The breakfast was not that great tbh.

I think UA is the best place to credit, even at 50%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.