Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Would it be possible to use ISO currency codes, especially in the subject line?

Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

there are many currencies in the world that use the "$" symbol including some that are not even called dollars. Can we make an effort to use ISO currency codes such as USD, CAD, JPY, GBP, EUR et al?
I find it frustrating to see a "deal" from a Canadian origin point only to find that it's actually priced in USD rather than CAD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Hi BenSinise- Thanks for the input, and I understand your frustration. We mostly cover this in the Premium Fare Deals forum rules: "Try to state the price in the local currency that the ticket is offered in."

It would also seem to go without saying that a deal ex-Canada should be stated in CAD. But not everyone always complies with this as well as we'd like.

Of course we have had feedback from other users - including at least one Canadian - that feel that everything should be posted in USD for easy comparison purposes.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 18sas
Of course we have had feedback from other users - including at least one Canadian - that feel that everything should be posted in USD for easy comparison purposes.
that's perfectly fine as long as the subject line shows USDxxx.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I wholeheartedly agree!

EUR/USD/CAD/GBP/AUD, and preferably the local currency of the point of departure

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.