Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] sq: Scl-gru-bcn-sin-ktm/cok/trv/hyd $2000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone] sq: Scl-gru-bcn-sin-ktm/cok/trv/hyd $2000

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
no still you can book on PRICELINE
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Think this doesn't work with Alaska Airlines, but you get 1.25 bonus on SQ, probably best to put in miles and more, 200% bonus.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by AA764
Seems to be gone.
Nope, still filed...

BTW, I was able to work in a long stopover (greater than 40 hours) in SIN and greater than 24 hours in GRU even though the rules state that a HIP check must be done for stopovers (and that should spike the fare). My recollection is that most routing based (as opposed to MPM) fares don't have a HIP check, so I was surprised to see one in this fare, but it doesn't seem to be coded into at least some OTAs.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Good luck to those that booked. SQ is notoriously cheap and is not concerned with negative publicity, since their J product is in the top 5 anyway. I would say most Asian carriers fall into this don't-care-too-bad attitude bucket.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
Good luck to those that booked. SQ is notoriously cheap and is not concerned with negative publicity, since their J product is in the top 5 anyway. I would say most Asian carriers fall into this don't-care-too-bad attitude bucket.
I am fine with everything except when they downgrade without even a warning...
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Actually, I believe SQ and MH is excellent in honoring fares! I flew SQ F on their ex-RGN a few years ago and it was honored, along with a few MH fares.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: A3 Blue, SPG
Where? It shoots up to 5K! :(

Originally Posted by stephem
Nope, still filed...

BTW, I was able to work in a long stopover (greater than 40 hours) in SIN and greater than 24 hours in GRU even though the rules state that a HIP check must be done for stopovers (and that should spike the fare). My recollection is that most routing based (as opposed to MPM) fares don't have a HIP check, so I was surprised to see one in this fare, but it doesn't seem to be coded into at least some OTAs.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
Has anybody found anything in April 2017 - a return??
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:27 pm

*must resist booking*

Forget it.. where is my credit card?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:31 pm

Might be useful for EU based pax: I've booked a 1 way with a +4 months stopover in BCN.

Good luck to all
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Epicura
Might be useful for EU based pax: I've booked a 1 way with a +4 months stopover in BCN.

Good luck to all
you can nest this in exEU-South America with a stopver in US
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by stephem
Nope, still filed...

This is a routing fare and by default HIP checks do not apply. I priced on ITA multi stopover itinerary with several months stop. The only example i have with routing fares that have HIP checks is MU fares.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nov11
Actually, I believe SQ and MH is excellent in honoring fares! I flew SQ F on their ex-RGN a few years ago and it was honored, along with a few MH fares.
Well, the ex-RGN fares involved flights to the US with accompanying DOT regs.
This fare excludes US segments.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Well, the ex-RGN fares involved flights to the US with accompanying DOT regs.
This fare excludes US segments.
No. The Round 3 ex-RGN fares were RGN-YUL and that didn't stop BA from canceling its own segments nor did it stop LX from downgrading its F pax to Y at check-in (speaking from experience on LX).
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Having trouble building in a stopover in BCN from November to February. Any tips? I was using multi-city in ITA with power tools.

EDIT: Disregard above. Had to change routing codes to JJ SQ for the 1st 2 segments and SQ SQ for the last 2 (SCL-BCN-Stopover-BCN-SIN-COK)

Last edited by banffflyr; Jun 10, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.