Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] IAH to AMS, CDG, or LHR in Oct. and Nov. for $257 on AeroMexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] IAH to AMS, CDG, or LHR in Oct. and Nov. for $257 on AeroMexico

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:53 pm

Just got an email notifying me that the time was changed for the first IAH-MEX leg of my IAH-MEX-AMS trip, decreasing my connecting time in MEX from 2:11 (already pretty tight, didn't read up on MEX before booking) to 1:44, which really makes me worried, especially since this is the last MEX-AMS flight of the night and AM won't have another one until two days later..

Should I call and see if they will change my IAH-MEX flight to one that is two hours earlier at no charge because of the change? While haggling with AM to extend my time in MEX to 4 hrs is not the most appealing option in the world, it sure beats the risk of getting stranded in MEX at least an entire day or two and losing time from Europe.

That said, I also feel like traffic in MEX on a Wednesday night at 10:15pm shouldn't be too bad for getting through immigration to make it on a 11:58pm flight, but it is the week after Christmas and there could be really low staffing.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nicksterbixter
Just got an email notifying me that the time was changed for the first IAH-MEX leg of my IAH-MEX-AMS trip, decreasing my connecting time in MEX from 2:11 (already pretty tight, didn't read up on MEX before booking) to 1:44, which really makes me worried, especially since this is the last MEX-AMS flight of the night and AM won't have another one until two days later..

Should I call and see if they will change my IAH-MEX flight to one that is two hours earlier at no charge because of the change? While haggling with AM to extend my time in MEX to 4 hrs is not the most appealing option in the world, it sure beats the risk of getting stranded in MEX at least an entire day or two and losing time from Europe.

That said, I also feel like traffic in MEX on a Wednesday night at 10:15pm shouldn't be too bad for getting through immigration to make it on a 11:58pm flight, but it is the week after Christmas and there could be really low staffing.
I landed at 10pm on a flight from Dallas and since I was in F, I was one of the first one to the immigration, but it still took 10-15 minutes to deal with the two paperwork (passport and then customs forms). If you are "back in the pack", I could absolutely see it taking 30+ minutes based on the minimal staff they had at that time of night.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just checking again and our flights seem 'Golden.' The upgraded seats are still assigned, flight times are the same and everything is still confirmed.

BTW, I am departing Nov 2nd for a week's stay.

At this point, I am going to go ahead and start making secondary reservations and activities planning.

This will make another great series for my Mileage Run articles...

and this is made all the better now that American Airlines is going revenue-based. It is also possible to credit to an Alaska Airlines MileagePlus account (my fare class earns 100%), although at this moment I still have it credited to my SkyMiles account.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: delta
Short MEX connectiom

Woof. Connection tome at MEX just cut to 2hrs as result of a flight time change. Is that enough?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by gohatters
Woof. Connection tome at MEX just cut to 2hrs as result of a flight time change. Is that enough?
Yes, that would be enough. Arriving at T2 is smooth compared wth T1.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: delta
Originally Posted by FinalBoarding
Yes, that would be enough. Arriving at T2 is smooth compared wth T1.
Thank you
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:42 am

Anyone flown this yet, review issues dets?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by janie2002
Anyone flown this yet, review issues dets?
That's what I'm curious about too, also would like to know what are the loads like on the MEX-AMS leg.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:26 am

Any updates? I fly this in 3 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.