Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any MR on *A from KGL starting June 18

Any MR on *A from KGL starting June 18

Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Gold
Any MR on *A from KGL

Hey, I am new to this and a bit frustrated that there are never MR from Kigali. I tried finding some myself but could not come up with something. I have a week or so available, so was looking to see if the wise people out there could find something.

I am part of Aegean Miles and Bonus, so Ethiopian Airlines would be easiest to get miles with.

Anyone has any ideas or suggestions? Thank you!

PS: If you come across any other MR from KGL on other dates, feel free to share.

Last edited by rava.stuff; May 28, 2016 at 4:15 am
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
For Kigali, you only really have Ethiopian, Egyptian, and maybe Swiss/Brussels.
please use google flights and Star alliance route map, and explore.
some effort to do MRs is actually required!
Sample:
kgl-add-hkg(-add-jnb-add-hkg)-add-kgl (5-6 days in total)

kgl-add-hkg RT, 750 USD for 12K miles
hkg-add-jnb RT, 660 USD for 13K miles -> repeat as much as you can fit in.

25K miles for 1400 USD, 5.6 cpm.

if you do 2x the HKG-JNB,
38K miles for 2000 USD, 5.2 cpm. almost gold on A3 M&B (if you dont have any status)

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...ANCE;mc=m;st=1
Old May 6, 2016, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! For some reason I did not get a notification that someone replied to my thread. I actually did some research before and after writing

Found the HGK option with Ethiopian for 575 EUR return.

JNB unfortunally does not work for me as I need a visa for South Africa and there is no embassy in Kigali, so all JNB options are blocked for me. But maybe for anyone else interested might be worth it.

Additionally, Ethiopian has a good offer for flights to Gaborone, Botswana from KGL for EUR 365. That is 6800 miles. 5.4 €cpm.

Also, Ethiopian flies to Dakar, Senegal from KGL for almost 500 EUR. That is 9500 miles. 5.4 €cpm.
Old May 9, 2016, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

I checked the fare structure to the KGL-HKG flights and a big chunk of the fare is the fuel surcharge. So now my aim is try to find a fuel dump combination for this route. Looking at posted error fares and deals with Ethiopian, TAM in Brasil and Emirates seem to have worked in the past. I tried to look for flights with a third leg on TAM or Emirates, but no deal found yet. Any tips on how to get about the search?
Old May 18, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles, Air France Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards
KGL MRs

Hi rava,

Thx for posting this query. I am also looking for occasional MRs from KGL with *A. I'm a TK M&S Elite member and want to climb to Elite +. Please update any DP options you find. I'm new to this community and want to be a smarter traveler.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles, Air France Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards
Tokyoite, good info. I'm also looking for KGL MRs. Another airline is TK, but tends to be more expensive. I'm looking at other options as well. Thx
Old May 18, 2016, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Hey mcgruff4, good to find someone else in Kigali.

ET has flights in O class to JNB for 280 EUR (bookable through OTA). That is almost 7000 miles return and quite ok connection times in ADD. I am trying to contact the South Africa high commission in Kigali regarding visa... if it works, I'm taking it for a long weekend in September.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Not a great MR, but a great price for a flight from Kigali to Europe. Ethiopian flights to Madrid for 540 euro return. Example date, 13-19 June.

https://www.google.com/flights/?curr...3;r=2016-06-19

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.