Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TAP Portugal - Star Alliance BOS/NYC - LIS - YUL/YYZ Under $400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TAP Portugal - Star Alliance BOS/NYC - LIS - YUL/YYZ Under $400

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:51 am
Original Poster

So 5 business days for a couple people. Interesting, as that's the maximum amount of time a merchant can leave a charge pending on a credit card under the rules of the card networks.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Posted finally, so took 5 business days for me.

If you bought more than 1 ticket (i.e. 3 people same itinerary), each person charge posts as its own charge.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Posted finally, so took 5 business days for me.

If you bought more than 1 ticket (i.e. 3 people same itinerary), each person charge posts as its own charge.

Instead of calling in to Tap for seat selection you can in theory select seats via TG's site...I just tried and seems to stick over on flytap.com.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ctober-12.html
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Has anyone flown these flights yet? What was the experience? Any issues with dropping the final segment?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:58 pm

I flew this with wife and baby. I had the agent at check-in tag the bags directly to Boston instead of YYZ. No issues collecting our bags after customs and leaving the airport.

I'm pretty sure all passengers collected bags at the same location after going through customs. (I may be wrong about this.)

The BOS-LIS and LIS-BOS TAP flights were both fantastic. The cabins were nice, agents were responsive, food was good. I'll most likely do this route with TAP again in the future because of how easy it was to fly with a baby.

On the way back we flew on one of the newly acquired A330s from Azul Airlines. I heard from the agent that was going to be the new seat layout going forward. TAP just started selling the PE seats the day of (same service as Y). The J seats were fully flat, which was better than on the way over.

On the way to LIS, we spent the weekend in Maine before catching the monday evening flight. On the way back, we did an overnight in Boston at the Hyatt Regency before catching the SY flight at noon.

That plus recent devaluation with AA is making me reconsider which airlines I want to credit flights to.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by shuom
I flew this with wife and baby. I had the agent at check-in tag the bags directly to Boston instead of YYZ. No issues collecting our bags after customs and leaving the airport.

I'm pretty sure all passengers collected bags at the same location after going through customs. (I may be wrong about this.)

The BOS-LIS and LIS-BOS TAP flights were both fantastic. The cabins were nice, agents were responsive, food was good. I'll most likely do this route with TAP again in the future because of how easy it was to fly with a baby.

On the way back we flew on one of the newly acquired A330s from Azul Airlines. I heard from the agent that was going to be the new seat layout going forward. TAP just started selling the PE seats the day of (same service as Y). The J seats were fully flat, which was better than on the way over.

On the way to LIS, we spent the weekend in Maine before catching the monday evening flight. On the way back, we did an overnight in Boston at the Hyatt Regency before catching the SY flight at noon.

That plus recent devaluation with AA is making me reconsider which airlines I want to credit flights to.
Good to know! Will be flying ex-BOS on Thursday and returning Monday. Currently in E- and may cough up the cash for one of their extra legroom seats. Too bad only 50% accrual on UA but great fare so can't complain.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Good to know! Will be flying ex-BOS on Thursday and returning Monday. Currently in E- and may cough up the cash for one of their extra legroom seats. Too bad only 50% accrual on UA but great fare so can't complain.
Flying this end of month. Any recos in terms of seats? How much do they charge for E+?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
Flying this end of month. Any recos in terms of seats? How much do they charge for E+?
Right now looks like $68 ow for E+...two weeks ago the site showed $28 (could have been a glitch) and didn't bite unfortunately. I haven't checked Seatguru but I guess will use Azul's seat map.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:43 pm

Exit row on the Azul seats were 24 and 6 (I think?).

24 was a great seat. Tons of leg room.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by shuom
Exit row on the Azul seats were 24 and 6 (I think?).

24 was a great seat. Tons of leg room.
The seat maps on TAP's website when choosing seats and those on Seatguru are totally off.. At least they are for EWR-LIS-JFK which is what I am flying...
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:22 am

Don't pay for E+ at Check-In opens up for free

Flying BOS-LIS tonight...got declined for the upgrade to biz via their PlusGrade system with the min bid.

Their "Economy+" section also opens up for free at check-in...snagged one of those seats vs. paying $$. Hopefully will have an empty seat next to me.

Seat map showing AZUL's 332.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:42 am

Flying BOS-LIS tonight...got declined for the upgrade to biz via their PlusGrade system with the min bid.

Their "Economy+" section also opens up for free at check-in...snagged one of those seats vs. paying $$. Hopefully will have an empty seat next to me.

What seats are E+? Doesn't seem to show on the website when I am booking seats...
Have 18B and 20G pre-booked
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:44 am

Also, what did you bid? Site showing $410 as minimum bid for flight there and $270 for way back. Did you bid over min?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
Also, what did you bid? Site showing $410 as minimum bid for flight there and $270 for way back. Did you bid over min?
Four weeks ago the min bid across the pond to LIS was $350 so stuck with that...same for the return. The LIS-BOS flight on Monday according to ExpertFlyer has a lot of open seats in J. Will report back if upgrade clears.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:57 am

Four weeks ago the min bid across the pond to LIS was $350 so stuck with that...same for the return. The LIS-BOS flight on Monday according to ExpertFlyer has a lot of open seats in J. Will report back if upgrade clears.
Cool. What E+ seat did you get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.