Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Anyone else book any flights through exploretrip yesterday? Seemed they had a bit of an issue with fares US-Europe for sub $200. Never saw a thread pop up on here about it though.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
It's still live for some routes.

EDIT: Nvm, could replicate about an hour ago, but now they're just showing up on Momondo with broken links.

EDIT 2: Still live

Last edited by JamilD; Apr 9, 2016 at 10:30 am
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:00 am

JFK-ATH for $226
DL over Memorial Day weekend into June

Already got a PNR and can select seats on delta.com.

There were LOTS of deals to be had yesterday evening, though the site was going extremely slowly. Looks like the only remaining deals today are for Romania or Bulgaria.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ckd38
JFK-ATH for $226
DL over Memorial Day weekend into June

Already got a PNR and can select seats on delta.com.

There were LOTS of deals to be had yesterday evening, though the site was going extremely slowly. Looks like the only remaining deals today are for Romania or Bulgaria.
LAX-MAD Dec 10-25 was showing up today around ~$300. Don't know if it's still there.

Also LAX-ARN still available

Last edited by JamilD; Apr 9, 2016 at 11:31 am
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: A3 Silver
I booked EWR - OTP via AMS for two weeks in August for 250 USD about an hour ago from exploretrip. Haven't got a confirmation email from explore trip but it shows up fine on Delta.com so I think I'm golden. Obviously not calling the airline, ever.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
I've never used the app and for the lowest fares it says "wholesale fares, only available by phone". Any help for a newbie?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:54 am

I too was surprised that the exploretrip/itravel2000 glitch didn't pop up over here.

I booked one trip a month for Jun, Jul and August using both websites (one trip on expl-trip and two trips on iT2000). Received PNRs but no ticket numbers . I'll check back on Monday to see if they really honor the fares. I am optimistic, but given the breadth of this error I am guarded about whether the OTA or these skyTeam carriers will ticket.

Last edited by DCA-IAD FF; Apr 9, 2016 at 4:54 pm
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:05 pm

Got in on a SFO-ATH flight that departs in two weeks. PNR is all good with DL, AF and KLM and I selected seats but none have ticket numbers and credit card has not been charged.

Excuse my inexperience, but is this normal? This is my first time with an error fare.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by reverted
Got in on a SFO-ATH flight that departs in two weeks. PNR is all good with DL, AF and KLM and I selected seats but none have ticket numbers and credit card has not been charged.

Excuse my inexperience, but is this normal? This is my first time with an error fare.
As a general rule, you should worry until (at least) you have a receipt with the ticket number.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
My flights ticketed a little bit ago and a charge showed up as pending.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Yeah, I looked up my flight on airfrance.ca and they aren't ticketed yet. Fingers crossed
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
As a general rule, you should worry until (at least) you have a receipt with the ticket number.
Thanks for the clarification!

Best of luck to everyone who managed to get something yesterday!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:35 pm

Booked JFK-LIS through itravel2000 (some of these OTAs all seem to be the same company behind it, or at least the same people) last night ca. 10:15 PM.

Had PNR on DL.com instantly, didn't see any e-ticket numbers.

This morning, around 2-3 A.M. I just happened to check the PNR and it was merged into a new PNR. All flights still there.

This morning, around 7 A.M. the new PNR had all flights canceled except an Air Europa one (MAD-LIS one way). Confirmed per Amadeus and KLM.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I also have a ticket on 996 stock on DTW-LIS (via AMS/MAD)
It looks like it issued around 3pm eastern today.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:26 pm

Cancellations slowly occuring

There are some reports of cancellations occurring hopefully doesn't apply to everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.