Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:00 pm

Is the "passenger status" on Delta supposed to say "ticketed?" Mine says "Passenger Status: Confirmed" which is the only bit still giving me pause. That, and a general distrust of Explore Trip . . .
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum
On Delta, mine says "Confirmed". However, checking and comparing this booking to all of the trips I have booked on Delta the rest of the year, they also say "Confirmed".

No where on any of my other reservations does it say ticketed. The only difference is I can access the receipts on Delta.com for my other planned trips the rest of the year.

I called Delta yesterday to get better seats into Comfort + for me and my companion. They put me in Comfort + and confirmed us into Economy Comfort on KLM. I didn't make any mention of the fare and where I booked and the agent also made no comment other than she was able to secure me the better seats.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by epocalize
Is the "passenger status" on Delta supposed to say "ticketed?" Mine says "Passenger Status: Confirmed" which is the only bit still giving me pause. That, and a general distrust of Explore Trip . . .
It won't change to Ticketed. It should just stay at Confirmed
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by gregman858
On Delta, mine says "Confirmed". However, checking and comparing this booking to all of the trips I have booked on Delta the rest of the year, they also say "Confirmed".

No where on any of my other reservations does it say ticketed. The only difference is I can access the receipts on Delta.com for my other planned trips the rest of the year.

I called Delta yesterday to get better seats into Comfort + for me and my companion. They put me in Comfort + and confirmed us into Economy Comfort on KLM. I didn't make any mention of the fare and where I booked and the agent also made no comment other than she was able to secure me the better seats.
Thanks, this is extremely helpful, I don't have any previous trips with them to compare to. I now feel reassured!

I used the Delta live chat today to confirm my vegetarian meal request as well as confirm my ticket and the representative said everything was good to go.

Hopefully I fly Friday!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by reverted
Thank you!

My ticket is issued on A3 stock so maybe that's why it won't work on the website? Wishful thinking? Haha not sure but more sitting around and waiting
As a data point, I'm in the same boat. A3 stock--won't work on Saudi site. Does display fine on delta, air france, and tripcase.com. Booked Friday night, ticket issued Saturday, card charge showed up this morning.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by cybertraveler
As a data point, I'm in the same boat. A3 stock--won't work on Saudi site. Does display fine on delta, air france, and tripcase.com. Booked Friday night, ticket issued Saturday, card charge showed up this morning.
I have a ticket with A3 stock segments and all segments appear on Delta's website. The e-ticket number is also on Delta's website, and is of A3 stock, not Delta stock, despite that most segments are KLM.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Euteanzoic7216
I have a ticket with A3 stock segments and all segments appear on Delta's website. The e-ticket number is also on Delta's website, and is of A3 stock, not Delta stock, despite that most segments are KLM.
Pretty much describes my entire situation as well. Good to know I'm not alone in this A3 boat. Half of my itinerary is on KLM.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
One thing that worries me is when I click on "View Receipt" on Delta website it says:

"Sorry, we are unable to display a copy of your receipt at this time. Please try again later."

Anyone else getting this?

If it's not a DL-issued ticket (006), then this is correct behavior. Technically, DL should not print you a receipt for an OAL-issued ticket.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I just checked dl.com and it looks like the MAD-LIS-MAD flights which had no DL flight numbers have dropped and I now have a JFK-MAD-JFK reservation without a ticket number. Just going to cancel it.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:17 pm

Can anyone tell me if they think this is a legitimate reservation? I booked this through hop2 and Kuwait airways charged my card. If I look up the reservation on Kuwait it gives me this eticket but only shows my first 2 flights. The rest are on AZ flight numbers. 1 of them is serviced by by Air France. When I go to the AZ site nothing comes up when searching for the reservation by ticket number. When I go to the checkin area though all of the flights except the air france flight show up. When I go to the air france site it shows the last 3 legs but not the first, and makes it look like its not a return fare, but just a week long layover. My card has been charged for about 2 or 3 days now. I think the problem with AZ is that you can checkin with the ticket number. To manage the reservation though I need a PNR. Do you think I could call them and get that?

Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:50 pm

Just to chime in with my experience...

Was able to get two tickets JFK-LIS using ExploreTrip for $167 each. Flights are on Air Europa with a layover in MAD. JFK-MAD and v/v are DL codeshares. I was able to bring up the reservation on delta.com using the confirmation number I got in the confirmation email. Everything looks fine, ticketed on Air Europa stock. I got another email from ExploreTrip with another confirmation number for AirEuropa.

Haven't heard anything about cancellation. Credit card has been charged (charge is showing as "Agent Fee").

How will my RDMs be calculated for a DL codeshare that is ticketed by AirEuropa? According to the price, or some % of miles flown based on the chart on DL's website? The website doesn't really make it clear what happens when your flight is marketed by DL, but ticketed and operated by another airline.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by kgarv3

Was able to get two tickets JFK-LIS using ExploreTrip for $167 each. Flights are on Air Europa with a layover in MAD. JFK-MAD and v/v are DL codeshares. I was able to bring up the reservation on delta.com using the confirmation number I got in the confirmation email. Everything looks fine, ticketed on Air Europa stock. I got another email from ExploreTrip with another confirmation number for AirEuropa.

Haven't heard anything about cancellation. Credit card has been charged (charge is showing as "Agent Fee").

How will my RDMs be calculated for a DL codeshare that is ticketed by AirEuropa? According to the price, or some % of miles flown based on the chart on DL's website? The website doesn't really make it clear what happens when your flight is marketed by DL, but ticketed and operated by another airline.
If it was a normal ticket, RDMs would be by price you paid. But ExploreTrip/itravel are selling us bulk fares and it's unknown whether we even earn miles.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kgarv3

There have been long discussions of this on the DL forum, with more earnings apparently being revenue based as time goes on. As a very general rule, DL will give redeemable miles based on revenue if DL is able to see what you paid for the segment. My guess is that any DL marketed flight would currently earn based on revenue but YMMV.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by keitherson
If it was a normal ticket, RDMs would be by price you paid. But ExploreTrip/itravel are selling us bulk fares and it's unknown whether we even earn miles.
Good point about the bulk/consolidator fares; I missed that detail.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta
Unhappy Is exploretrip legit?

Originally Posted by thepaul500
Anyone else book any flights through exploretrip yesterday? Seemed they had a bit of an issue with fares US-Europe for sub $200. Never saw a thread pop up on here about it though.
Hi everyone,

I'm stumbled on this thread after purchasing some very reasonable US-> Europe tickets through ExploreTrip.com (via hipmunk.com) on 4/10. I received a GDS PNR # from exploretrip and when I plug the number into delta.com, my flight details seem legit. However, I'm very concerned that exploretrip hasn't charged my credit card yet. I've sent 2 emails to them in the last two days with no response, and when I called them today, the gentleman wasn't able to provide me with any information and said someone from his team would be calling me back.

My trip isn't until August so I have some time to get this figured out... I'm just concerned now that the super deal I stumbled upon was a scam but based on what I'm seeing in this forum, exploretrip.com is legit. Can someone confirm? I already booked accommodations based on the "Confirmation" email from ExploreTrip.com so I'm hoping everything doesn't fall through. Argh!

Best,

~Heather

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.